Season 10-11 Transition FAQ and Guide

MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
Ok, so it's kind of pointless for someone to work on gear now(ilvl 384 gear) as better gear will be available for the same honor prices next week(ilvl 390 gear).

Except for the weapons, correct?

Correct, pretty much the only reason to buy armor right now is to spend excess over the cap honor, but the weapons are a safe purchase.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I was able to get some Conquest Points yesterday through winning random battlegrounds. True/Falso: Conquest Points are NOT being reset on Tuesday when excess Honor (beyond 4,000) is converted to gold.

I am in hopes that I can cap out my Conquest Points in randoms and use it towards gear once Season 11 begins.

Happy gaming,

Boz
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
I was able to get some Conquest Points yesterday through winning random battlegrounds. True/Falso: Conquest Points are NOT being reset on Tuesday when excess Honor (beyond 4,000) is converted to gold.

I am in hopes that I can cap out my Conquest Points in randoms and use it towards gear once Season 11 begins.

Happy gaming,

Boz

Conquest points earned during the down week between seasons 9 and 10 did carry over into season 10, so unless we hear otherwise it is logical to assume it will work the same way this time and you will get to keep these points.

Edit: Daxxarri has confirmed it on twitter.

@druidleaves @Bashiok If you got those Conquest point after the realms came up from maintenance, you should get to keep 'em.

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/Daxxarri
Edited by Eldacar on 11/30/2011 8:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
One idea I did not see listed here along the same lines as pre-completing the Tol Barad quests is to do the following quests:

• Venture Bay dailies in Grizzly Hills
  • Wintergrasp quests (if possible)

• Then wait until after Tuesday maintenance to turn them in.

Happy gaming,

Boz
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Warrior

Happy gaming,

Boz

Based on the past season, True. But I would be willing to bet gold to conjured muffins that it will turn out to be False.

Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Hunter
    Okay. So the Ruthless weapon that you can currently buy for Honor will not be changing next week? Im not sure if I gathered that right.
    Reply Quote
    85 Dwarf Hunter
    11/30/2011 12:10 PMPosted by Charax
    Based on the past season, True. But I would be willing to bet gold to conjured muffins that it will turn out to be False.

I'm guessing Eldacar has the right of it:

Conquest points earned during the down week between seasons 9 and 10 did carry over into season 10, so unless we hear otherwise it is logical to assume it will work the same way this time and you will get to keep these points.

Edit: Daxxarri has confirmed it on twitter.

@druidleaves @Bashiok If you got those Conquest point after the realms came up from maintenance, you should get to keep 'em.

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/Daxxarri
    Reply Quote
    MVP - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    Daxxarri just confirmed it in a blue post here on the forums, we will be keeping the conquest points we earn this week.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657276764?page=2#21
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    I'm a bit confused. You say in your FAQ "When Season 11 starts the old Season 10 ilvl 378 Ruthless weapons will be available for honor but will require that players first earn a total of 7,250 honor points in Season 11 before they will be eligible to purchase them." But later you say you can buy them NOW.
    Reply Quote
    MVP - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    11/30/2011 05:21 PMPosted by Rinin
    I'm a bit confused. You say in your FAQ "When Season 11 starts the old Season 10 ilvl 378 Ruthless weapons will be available for honor but will require that players first earn a total of 7,250 honor points in Season 11 before they will be eligible to purchase them." But later you say you can buy them NOW.

Both statements are correct, right now you can get get the 378 weapons if you earned 7250 honor or more in season 10. Once season 11 starts you will need to have earned 7250 honor or more in season 11 to buy those same weapons. In other words you may be eligible to purchase them right now, but once the new season starts you will not be eligible anymore until you farm 7250 honor in the new season.
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    There's not going to be 390 Weapons, but will there be Relics or is that another safe early purchase with my Honor?
    Reply Quote
    MVP - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    There's not going to be 390 Weapons, but will there be Relics or is that another safe early purchase with my Honor?

There will not be 390 weapons, the best weapons available for honor in S11 should be the same 378 ones that are available now. Relics are considered with armor, so they WILL have new 390 versions available, but ranged weapons like bows and guns will remain 378.
    Edited by Eldacar on 12/1/2011 7:37 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    100 Draenei Paladin
    Thank you for the guide! Very informative and provided me all the information I was really wondering about during this week transition into season 11. Great info :D
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Death Knight
    Dumb question I'm sure but when you say weapons...does that include shields, relics? I'd think they are armor but for some reason I keep infecting myself with that nebulous thought.

My thought is that if the straight honor weapons are not increasing in ilvl, I'd get those this week.

edit: I just noticed that post above mine I didn't read (lazy)...so if relics are armor, I'd imagine shields are as well obviously.
    Edited by Icecreamx on 12/2/2011 7:21 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    MVP - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    Dumb question I'm sure but when you say weapons...does that include shields, relics? I'd think they are armor but for some reason I keep infecting myself with that nebulous thought.

My thought is that if the straight honor weapons are not increasing in ilvl, I'd get those this week.

edit: I just noticed that post above mine I didn't read (lazy)...so if relics are armor, I'd imagine shields are as well obviously.

Weapons include anything you hold in your main and off hand (including shields) as well as ranged weapons (bows, guns, wands, throwing knives). Essentially anything in those 3 slots except relics goes by weapon item levels.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    So, did the initial announcement from Neth specify "Please be aware that higher ilvl PvP items will be introduced and available for Honor points with patch 4.3"? I don't recall seeing it.

I could have sworn that the fiasco last season meant Bizz wouldn't do that anymore and like an idiot spent all my honor on 384's (and worse told my guildies to as well). grr...
    Reply Quote
    25 Blood Elf Paladin
    The 390 stuff is on wowhead
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Death Knight
    This is awesome! Thanks Eldacar for making this post and for taking the time to answer everyone's questions.

Happy Hollidays
    Reply Quote
    100 Blood Elf Paladin
    Thanks for the guide. I'm new to pvp and happened to start during this weird week. Saved me from buying a ton of the old gear.
    Reply Quote
    MVP - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    @Edgarwinter and Biarritz, Glad you found it useful =)
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]