Why do you do what you do in game?

85 Goblin Hunter
First off, I'm not a pvper.. I don't raid.. I don't do battlegrounds.. shoot, I don't even like doing dungeons with others. Why? Because people tend to be obnoxious when it comes to anyone who doesn't quite measure up to thier standards for whatever reason.
Yep, I'm one of those questing people.

Actually, when I first came to Lothar (first pick of realm, as it said rp & normal) I was fully expecting it to be full of people who wanted to do some role play.. tiny bit at least.. or maybe even an occasional 'Hi there' would have been nice. But nope, no role play. If I want to role play its with an goblin by the zepplins or other random npc I happen across when in the mood.

So, your probably wondering - Just why exactly are you playing this game?! And why are you on our realm still and not transfered over to a different realm that does role play?

I play the game with my husband when he comes home to unwind from work. Its nice to spend time together like that. I usually let him know what the dailies are as he starts up his computer.
And while I do questing, hunting, and goblin stuff.. My husband likes battlegrounds. I'll even stop to watch when he does them as they look like fun. Nothing I'd do.. but still, I like watching the battle now and then. And he likes his guild.

Meanwhile though I don't exactly talk in trade chat, I do enjoy watching conversation now and then when questing along.

And before you can label me as some 'casual' player.. I'm on everynight on either my main or an alt for 9 to 10 hours. I deal with pain by playing a game to take my mind off it. Also like reading the forums too.

Does anyone ever talk in orgrimmar?? One night my goblin may end up just going absolutley nuts from the lack of talking.. I have seen the 'mounts on parade' as players just sit there occasionally switching mounts, talking in whisper? Sometimes its 'pets on parade'... I've also seen the mute pvp players just go at each other, not a word said... but somebody's gonna die now!

And here is another thought that has crossed the mind. Do people use 'vent?'/voice chat instead of typing? I don't have the setup for voice chat, and well... wouldn't want to have to listen to someone either doing the heavy breathing thing, or crunching chips and trying to talk. Or is voice chat just for raiding and dungeons?

Anyhow.. besides dailies, questing, professions, collecting mounts & pets. What do you like to do in the game? Is there something I've just not seen, done, thought of or heard about yet? Give details! Tell all!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
tldr? what's that?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
TL:DR means "Too Long:Didn't Read".

As far as your question...I do many things in game.

I have a Balance Druid that I raid in my guilds team with and a Shadow Priest raid on the weekends with, both progressing in FL HM's (<3 you guys in Immortal Soulhunters!! :) The Priest is also my "achievement toon" and "collector". She has almost 9k achieve pts and over 100 mounts and companion pets (and still working on more and more...)

I have a Holy Pally that I PvP with who's in full Vicious with a few Ruthless pieces. I'm currently looking for 3's, 5's and RBG's teams for her for the next season.

I have a Hunter and Shaman, also level 85, that I play occasionally and farm with. They are Heroic Instance geared and just for fun and a change really.

I also have a few lower level alts (53 Mage, 77 DK and 82 Rogue) I play when I'm in the mood for leveling or lower level instances. I've also just made a Warlock alt who I want to level without the benefit of BoE's and Guild Perks for the full "leveling" experience and so I will be able to see all the changes that came with Cata (which I haven't taken the time to do yet while leveling).

There really isn't anything I don't do and I'm looking forward to the upcoming expansion and LFR finder also. There is soooo much to do, so I have a toon for just about everything!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I stab things.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Malorei - your priest sounds awesome. :) And that you have done so much is cool! Goodness, one of these days I hope to have done more than I have - atleast having more leveled up toons.

Virral - I hunt things. ;)
Edited by Kattonine on 11/17/2011 7:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I do whatever pleases me.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Death Knight
It can be fun at times.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Death Knight
Sometimes I die.
Reply Quote
But most of the time I pwn n00bz.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Chalithre, you just sound like a huge dose of shunshine! Sounds like you pvp a lot? Or I hope its pvp you talk about.. I'd hate to think there was someone just waiting to pounce on my goblin. She's stressed enough lately. Seems my goblin ripped out her hair one night and its not been back except in game.. *shrugs*
Reply Quote
Now days its just pvp, if i'm even playing.

Skyrim, yo!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
I've seen Skyrim mentioned a lot lately.

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You should be a good wife and farm things so your husband can make gold.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
11/17/2011 02:00 PMPosted by Virral
I stab things.

Sometimes you stab me. </3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
11/22/2011 01:58 PMPosted by Jostin

Sometimes you stab me. </3
with his !@#$%?

I don't recall. Check out my avatar. I'm a male blood elf now.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
When i was little, i wanted to grow up and be a potatoe.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]