Big mistake, I know. But...

87 Tauren Priest
Draka! I've been on EJ, wowhead etc... to find out about shadowpriesting and now I want to go to the general populace to get a little more advice.

To all you shadow priests out there, do you get a lot of complaints in heroics about deeps on trash? I feel like I can't get through putting my dots on and being able to mind sear before the thing dies. I'm all good (at least for where my meh gear is at) on a boss that doesn't die so fast.

So, I guess it comes down to
a) Say "F you guys. I'm a shadow priest. Just wait for my proper level deeps on the boss because, obviously, we're able to get the trash down without my full rotation"

b) Forget the dots, just mindsear trash. The dps goes up a bit I guess. Meh.

c) Mind spike it? I really only used this while leveling and can't really find a practical use otherwise but I can get an autocrit Mind Blast out of it....and then go oom lol.

Thanks, Draka! You're the bestest :) I look forward to all responses, both helpful and heehee-ful.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Short of recommending certain spriests to advise you, I would say talk to spriests you see sitting around. Any spriest in a reputable guild should be able to give you pointers.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Druid
http://www.noxxic.com/pve/priest/shadow/dps-rotation-and-cooldowns

Link might help. Has an AoE/Trash rotation, as well as any other info ya might want.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Ok well I guess i can help out since I am an original Drakanite

1) You're a tauren priest

2) Multi dot

3) Multi dot

4) Multi dot

moral of the story, multi dot every trash mob and focus on the one everyone is killing.
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Priest
Thank you for the help! I really appreciate it!

1) You're a tauren priest

Yup. How did you know?! I also have a stam boost from mining :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'll see if I can help. I've gotten pretty good deeps in heroics and occasional TB raid.

I'm looking at your gear. I had the same problem as you. My deeps were terrible. The deeps will get better as you get better gear, but see if you can raise your haste. That's when I really noticed my dps increase. Don't sacrifice your hit for it though.

Oh and try the Slippers of Moving Waters instead. It doesn't it has hit, but for us Spriests, it has more hit than the Melodious Slippers since Spirit = Hit. It will also raise your haste too.

Try going to Mr. Robot too. It can help you find what gear is better, and what you can reforge into what. Just a warning, I can't seem to figure out how to make hit the top priority on there, but showed me what I should reforge into haste. Also do not worry about Mastery. Our Mastery I think is good, but it doesn't do much for priests that aren't in end-game gear.

Also since you've said you're a miner, start trying to get the mats for Lightforge Elementium Hammer. Orbs will soon be available to everyone and that'll be the best weapon you can get until you raid Firelands.

Speaking of Firelands, start doing the dailies there. They have some really good items for spellcasters.

I also just looked at your glyphs. Switch out Dispersion and Shield for Shadow Word: Death and Mind Flay glyph. That should help out some too.

Hmm... I think that's it. I hope that I helped out some. I'm not the best, but I wanted to help out.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
noxxis.com I have heard is great for beginners as well. I use wowreforge.com for reforging over MrRobot but robot seems to be right on the money for gemming and enchants. Many of my raiders check all these sites and recently started using Noxxis and they seem very pleased with the results.

Good luck!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]