R.I.P HollywoodLao

90 Night Elf Rogue
R.I.P Khamsouriya Eric Vongviset, 11/13/2011

Killed outside of his home in the Barhaven area of Ottawa Canada, he is mourned by family and friends and will be missed as a long standing member of our guild.

More information can be seen at http://djeuro.ca/tag/khamsouriya-eric-vongviset-shot-and-killed/

Eric aka Hollywoodlao (better known on the Azuremyst server) was a great guy and loyal friend and mentor to many and will be sorely missed. He was a dedicated family man and loving father above all and worked very hard to maintain balance in all aspects of his life. He taught martial arts and coached battered women in self defense in hopes that he could make a difference in their lives. In turn, he believed that he could save a life one day. Unfortunately, it was his life that was lost to a violent shooting leaving us in shock and disbelief. We ask that all who read the article that knew him or know victims of violent crimes, to take a moment and reflect just how precious a human life is.

Eric loved to play WOW in his spare time and loved his rogue, matter of fact he had 5 of them. He was a long standing member of Exalted on the Azuremyst server and we mourn him.
While the media seemed to focus on his turbulent past, He was a work in progress and had turned his life around for himself and loved ones. If you need to find further infomation you can do a web search on his name and you'll be able to come up with more articles. I am posting this to notify all that encountered him while playing WOW to inform fellow players and mutual friends of our loss.

He will always be dear to my heart.

Zi
Exalted.guildzilla
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Rest in peace.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How sad :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I played for about 2 years with Hollywood.

He was a super guy and as Zi stated, Loved his rogue. He placed special care in helping other rogues in the community. (my rogue was my main back then)
I spent a good amount of time with hollywood during the ToC days.
Will never forget the sound his computer fan made everytime he q'ed his mic. Was super funny.

Although I have not played Ally in over a year, I still have and will continue, to have a special place in my heart for Hollywood.

May he be remembered for all the good he did for others and his caring attitude he displayed on a daily basis.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Urso you are so right, he did take special care in helping other rogues and I will miss his voice. I played wow with him on an almost daily basis over the last 4years and we developed a deep friendship, my kids knew him ect. The game won't be the same without him and neither will the Auction House. I have no idea how he managed to run all of those auctions but when I would ask him what I should do with this item or that item his response 99% of the time was, "Sell it" lol.
I feel so bad for his family, his only child, his daughter is only 4yrs old and he had settled down and was plannning his wedding.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Hunter
Always sad to see stuff like this happen, especially when so close to the holidays :(
Didn't know him personally, only from his crazy AH antics. Such a shame; wish the best for his family.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Hunter
Ziwargoddess

It is always sad to see the passing of a long standing member of the server community.

My heartfelt condolences go out to his friends and family.

The Mayor.
Reply Quote
I haven't played on this server in quite some time, but that's still a familiar name, to me.

Condolences to those that were close to him.
Reply Quote
"Vongviset is well known to police with a string of criminal convictions for arson and drug offences dating back to the late 1990s....."

That's straight from the article....Sounds like a wonderful human being.

/facepalm
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Hoffa are you the same person you were in 1997? I know that I'm not. I can't defend the negativity that surrounded his past, it was HIS past. Folks that knew him on here knew him as the man that he has become not for what he used to be. Not everyone has a squeeky clean past. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect your views and whoever else posts thanks for your time and comments.
Reply Quote
93 Human Rogue
I have to agree with you on this Ziwargoddess. If I go back far enough into my past I would look like a terrible person. I was based on things at the time. I have worked very hard to correct the wrongs in my life BUT if something were to happen today it would look the same:

"Diamondx is well known to police with a string of criminal convictions for drug offences dating back to the late 1980's"

Fortunately most of this was as a minor and at 19 I refocused myself as Hollywoodlao did. Now no one would ever even guess I had a torrid past after teaching college, doing mission work in the Thai community and running several successful business to this date.

I raided with Hollywoodlao and he was a standup guy regardless of his past. He is one of the few non guildies on my friends list. He will be missed.
Edited by Diamondx on 11/19/2011 3:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I never knew him personally. He would mess around in Wintergrasp after a rare Horde win. RIP He will be missed anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Rest in peace, Hollywood.

- Casey
Edited by Krude on 11/21/2011 9:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2011 06:53 PMPosted by Ziwargoddess
Hoffa are you the same person you were in 1997?

No, I am not the same person I was years ago. That being said, I also knew better than to commit arson, and collect various drug charges.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I met Hollywood back in BC as a tiny nublet , when he held my hand and calmly explained to me what kick was. Then later on I raided with him exalted, not to mention he was the guy you know had all the LW patterns. I loved theory-crafting with him, as well as competing in the AH with him, He will be missed by myself, his guild, countless others on the server and the AH as well.
Rest in Peace.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Please accept my heartfelt condolences for the loss of your friend.
Reply Quote
Hollywoodlao was originally in The Blood Oath Syndicate (TBOS) Guild on Azuremyst. He came to us about three years ago and stayed for about a year. During that time, we enjoyed having him in the Guild; he was funny, always willing to help others, and a great WoW player. We kept in touch whenever our paths crossed in the game and he mentioned how much he enjoyed martial arts. Our Guild is very sorry to hear of his passing in such a violent way. Our thoughts go out to his RL family, as well as, his WoW family.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]