Forming MRM guild

85 Goblin Shaman

Well, I'd say religion is far more dangerous that any other form of extremist group, aside from PETA maybe.

I'd be inclined to agree there. I believe misogyny is heavily rooted in religion, so that's kind of a good link back to my original post on this topic. Anyway, if the Westboro Baptist Church had a guild in WoW I'd be on them about it too. Even if they never said a word to me, and they kept all of their insanity confined to gchat (as if).

I know I know, "you're preaching tolerance but you are intolerant." I am intolerant of morons. That shouldn't be such a big deal.

Just be aware we all have flaws, and we all have skewed views. No one is completely tolerant of everything, or accepting of everything.

All of my friends and co-workers were ecstatic when Bin Laden was killed. I had recently lost a loved one, and saw where they were coming from, but my mindset had shifted towards life is precious, and even if he was a terrible terrible man, he was a person, and rejoicing someone's death just seems wrong to me.

But, I understand that my point of view is obscure and odd to others.

It goes both ways.
Edited by Geõdude on 11/17/2011 10:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest

I am intolerant of morons.

Word.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
LET THEM EAT CAKE!

Where's a mage when you need one?

Honestly it's a guild in a game with a name... Until they do something outrageous, leave the kids alone.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You gotta love the irony that it's ok for this guild to be formed but it's not ok for someone to take offense to it.

If these boys want to get together and do their boy stuff..well that's their prerogative..can't say I can see it being much fun after the first few air thrusts, go men chants and slaps on the rear but hey..whatever floats their boat.

Just remember behind every good man there is an even better woman...with a whip.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
omg. losers.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
There is no reason for controversy. The politics of the Men's Rights Movement are very mainstream:

1) Equal protection of government for all.
2) Equal protection under the law for all

In any case, I have no intention of pushing politics with this guild. It is a place where equality-minded people (of both genders) can have some fun together. I am genuinely surprised at the number of people who are offended by this idea.

If you don't like it ... don't join?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Mer, you and I have run instances together in the past. Was I ever mean spirited or negative?

I hope to make a place where men (and women who are compassionate towards men) can come together and have fun. It will be a safe space for men, boys, and fathers. It will be a place where cruel jokes, hurtful comments, and gender based abuse will not occur.

WOW is a game. People come here for fun. Why is it so bad that men, boys, and fathers can have just a few hours of respite from social criticism and hostility of our gender?
Edited by Thrimironaxe on 11/18/2011 12:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Wait.. you're serious about this?

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Thisisntgerrikokay/1320976551409.gif

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/18/2011 12:22 PMPosted by Mer
LET THEM EAT CAKE!

I don't think you understand the meaning behind this quote. It wasn't, "They should be allowed to eat cake." It was, "I'm rich and I have bread. Therefore, I don't care that poor people have no bread to feed their families. They can just substitute cake for bread and they'll be fine."

Thank you.

It was a joke... God you people have no sense of humor once so ever... Lighten the heck up. Seriously. Don't complain about something that is NOT an issue. Like I said, leave the kids alone, let them do what they want. When they start acting retarded THEN complain about it, report them, burn them at the stake, w/e. This is retarded nonsense...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
AND MY NAME IS BLOOD GUARD CARR I PWN U ALL MUAAHAHAHA
o and btw I'll take that cake u were talking about
Edited by Carragniy on 11/18/2011 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AND MY NAME IS BLOOD GUARD CARR I PWN U ALL MUAAHAHAHA
o and btw I'll take that cake u were talking about

I can't find a mage :(
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
11/18/2011 08:42 PMPosted by Edên

well ur in luck missy
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/18/2011 08:43 PMPosted by Kirelse

well ur in luck missy

Stop toon hopping >.>
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
11/18/2011 08:44 PMPosted by Edên
Stop toon hopping >.>

I second that emotion my Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros does too
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/18/2011 08:46 PMPosted by Carragniy
Stop toon hopping >.>

I second that emotion my Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros does too

And how bored are you?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
11/18/2011 08:48 PMPosted by Edên
And how bored are you?

Satchel of Exotic Mysteries
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/18/2011 08:52 PMPosted by Carragniy
And how bored are you?

Satchel of Exotic Mysteries

I see... How was your lunch with Elvis today? Did he teach you any new songs? >.>
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
11/18/2011 08:52 PMPosted by Edên
I see... How was your lunch with Elvis today? Did he teach you any new songs? >.>
Carr is not available at the moment please contact Blizzard Stationery for more info.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]