Business Time 10s 8/8 DS LF Hybrid

94 Draenei Mage
Your food descriptions made me hungry. I'm a pumpkin pie stalwart, myself. It's not Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie.
Reply Quote
29 Dwarf Priest
Do you guys have room for a solid disc priest (no dps off spec) and a feral tank druid (with boomkin off spec) ??

Reply Quote
94 Draenei Mage
11/28/2011 09:26 AMPosted by Candiecorn
Do you guys have room for a solid disc priest (no dps off spec) and a feral tank druid (with boomkin off spec) ??

It's possible that we could make that pairing work. We could definitely use a priest (are you also well-versed in Holy? especially without a DPS off-spec it'd be useful to have the ability to switch specs depending on the fight). We do already have a bear tank but potentially another might not be bad if the person is the right fit (that token is pretty tight but we'd manage if it meant good people).
Reply Quote
29 Dwarf Priest
At present my main is double disc, with strength of soul build, or an archangel build -- so fights like alys for example I switch to arch-angel and help with add control/dps my tanks bird while keeping my tank up.. where as a fight like heroic baleroc where there isn't really time to build stacks, I use more of a strength of soul build with a reduced timer on my shadowfiend to make best use of the mechanics of the fight.

The PTR is buffing holy considerably and I have played it in the past (though not recent past) and I have been working on getting more comfortable with my mouse/keybindings for it in down times for this spec, but is naturally not the spec I prefer to play. I've changed my play-style as disc from patch to patch as the devs have changed how our spells interact, so switching to holy isn't all that different in terms of, it's an adjustment -- it doesn't feel natural or comfortable at first, but with enough effort / time it begins to feel second nature.
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Mage
At present my main is double disc, with strength of soul build, or an archangel build -- so fights like alys for example I switch to arch-angel and help with add control/dps my tanks bird while keeping my tank up.. where as a fight like heroic baleroc where there isn't really time to build stacks, I use more of a strength of soul build with a reduced timer on my shadowfiend to make best use of the mechanics of the fight.

The PTR is buffing holy considerably and I have played it in the past (though not recent past) and I have been working on getting more comfortable with my mouse/keybindings for it in down times for this spec, but is naturally not the spec I prefer to play. I've changed my play-style as disc from patch to patch as the devs have changed how our spells interact, so switching to holy isn't all that different in terms of, it's an adjustment -- it doesn't feel natural or comfortable at first, but with enough effort / time it begins to feel second nature.

I think one of the major benefits of healing priests is the ability to switch specs based on, as you say, the mechanics of the fight. We have another priest who is comfortable in Shadow as well as Holy; so it isn't necessarily that you'd NEED to play Holy but it's good that if Holy conferred a significant advantage, you'd be able to swap to it if given some advance warning. We aren't the type of guild that asks people to play a spec they hate but we do expect folks to be a bit flexible and willing to expand their horizons. For example, we've had a raiding Frost mage for this entire expansion and he is awesome despite widespread prejudice against his class.

If you and your friend did decide to apply, I would ask you to fill out separate apps so that we can consider you each on your own merits, I have found with "joint" type applications that it can be tough to get a feel for each player and it's really important to us to be sure we're getting folks who will be happy in the guild and be a good fit!
Reply Quote
29 Dwarf Priest
At this point I am very interested in applying, as I like what I have read here, and on your site but I need to talk it over with my friend first. =)
Reply Quote
29 Dwarf Priest
I talked it over and we have applied. Hope to hear from you soon, and if we're not a fit, best of luck to you guys =)
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Chipotle hot sauce is the bomb!
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Mage
11/28/2011 08:15 PMPosted by Fsob
Chipotle hot sauce is the bomb!

I'm having a hard time taking your gnome face seriously, Fsob...
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Mage
Also, random hot sauce reference...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
To the top!
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Mage
I remember you - in the mountains!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hey, Liked what read here and on your website. If your interested in a holy paladin my real id is kraziey@ymail.com. Otherwise good luck...
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Mage
11/30/2011 11:53 PMPosted by Kraziey
Hey, Liked what read here and on your website. If your interested in a holy paladin my real id is kraziey@ymail.com. Otherwise good luck...

Hi Kraziey, my apologies, as I was a bit slow, but I have just updated our recruitment post to reflect the fact that we picked up a new tank and are now seeking a hybrid DPS/healer who can swing heal when necessary and bring the pain the rest of the time. Cheers. :)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Good morning, WoW!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Morning BT! Grats on finding a tank and good luck on finding that last DPS :)
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Mage
12/01/2011 08:35 AMPosted by Terrielle
Morning BT! Grats on finding a tank and good luck on finding that last DPS :)

Thanks very much!
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Mage
Grrrr. I fail at forum-ing, apparently.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]