For all the oldschool greymaners /nostalgia

87 Gnome Mage
http://wowarchive.yg.com/board.html?forumId=11225&sid=1

Our forums used to be so amazing, ahh the good old days.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
We probably had one of the more entertaining realm forums. People from all over would come to visit! Wildhammer would come to make fites.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I do miss the old ways...look at all those @Robo threads. On the new forums I barely got one. in a year. :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
This server is dead. Plain and simple.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Doubt it's any more dead than any other server. WoW's a dinosaur, what do you expect? 7 years. Long time for a game to still be The game to beat.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
don't know about dead but things havent been the same since phoenix went poof.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I just wish all of Shawni's and Jiesus' posts would still be in that Phoenix vs Loatheb, Thad and Heigen thread. It's also missing the Exo vs Crimson AQ scepter post.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
True Robo, it hasn't been the same.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
2007? Not far enough back.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
wow i totally didnt know you posted this and i just went ahead and posted it earlier today

edit: i actually stumbled onto that archive myself trying to find the beyondskill geocities page i just linked. but yeah, no matter how many posts got deleted, things like the deadfreaker threads are pure gold. too bad the search doesnt work, i would love to see validins threads
Edited by Semiramis on 11/30/2011 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
well i guess one of them is there, but not the "who is the best pvper at each class on greymane? paladin: validin"
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
also id say paid server transfers are to blame for the death of any sort of community greymane and its forums once had. whats the point of flaming someone no one knows because he just transferred here last week, and will probably transfer off before he would read it anyways
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'd agree with that. But also, it felt like part of the community died when they opened up bgs for cross server queues. When it was just greymane vs greymane you got to know people from the other side pretty well, even developed those funny relationships with people you just -had- to kill first, like an arch nemesis or something.

That, above all else, made a server seem like a community. There was always that chance you'd see familiar alliance/horde faces in world pvp and either /salute each other or froth at the mouth and try to gank one another.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I'd agree with that. But also, it felt like part of the community died when they opened up bgs for cross server queues. When it was just greymane vs greymane you got to know people from the other side pretty well, even developed those funny relationships with people you just -had- to kill first, like an arch nemesis or something.

That, above all else, made a server seem like a community. There was always that chance you'd see familiar alliance/horde faces in world pvp and either /salute each other or froth at the mouth and try to gank one another.

I agree completely. Other thank drunken 22 token Kara runs at the end of BC, I think Vanilla AV was probably the most fun I ever had in this game, because you would always recognize 2/3 of the people there, like this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/bray424/wow/scoreboard2.jpg

which in turn would lead to situations like this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/bray424/wow/avdanceparty.jpg

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Oh lordy. Supershaman. SuperEmo more like. Lots of familiar names in there, tho.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

I agree completely. Other thank drunken 22 token Kara runs at the end of BC, I think Vanilla AV was probably the most fun I ever had in this game, because you would always recognize 2/3 of the people there, like this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/bray424/wow/scoreboard2.jpg

which in turn would lead to situations like this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/bray424/wow/avdanceparty.jpg

lol dorf

Also yes, cross-server BGs were the beginning. I was leveling my hunter through BGs with 9 others, we'd usually win, but that fell apart once crossrealm BGs came in, and we all lost contact with each other.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
posting for asik he says nostalgia is a bad word
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
dorf ;_;
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Jesus I miss Greymane. First server I started on back when I was just a young child, so many good memories.

-Shadowsap
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]