Soloing Naxx

85 Blood Elf Priest
01/20/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Vaugn
All of this makes me wonder what bosses are soloable by a discipline priest. I haven't been shadow since vanilla. Hrm!

Like Zsunnie said T6 and below is actually pretty easy to solo as disc. Minus some fights where the mechanics just frack you, its sorta been my "keep busy" items in wow lately.

Naxx though I didn't get far and I gave up pretty quick.

Just about everything BT below can be done with disc, minus a few due to mechanics, from what I've seen. Of course, the only one I've done to completion has been mc, and that was last night. I haven't been too serious in working each raid boss to completion, mostly just seeing if it can be done if I can master soloing the mechanics.

The one I know can't be done solo'd is AT with the Twin Emperors; at least with disc, you cant zerg them fast enough before they heal each other. The rest of them off the top of my head could be done, if you dont rage quit when your screwed by a mechanic you ignored or forgot. :D

Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Apologies for necroing an old thread, but I got seriously bored due to lack of raiding and everyone being on D3, so I tried some 25man naxx soloing. Managed to get Sapphiron down, and thought I just might share it with you guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCrXUTphnZU
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Do you think that in my gear I'd be able to get any progress in on soloing 10 man Naxx? You've got plenty of 410 pieces and the legendary, so vastly outgear me.

I love soloing Kara and a few random T6 bosses but would love to try out Naxx.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Do you think that in my gear I'd be able to get any progress in on soloing 10 man Naxx? You've got plenty of 410 pieces and the legendary, so vastly outgear me.

I love soloing Kara and a few random T6 bosses but would love to try out Naxx.

From your gear, you can pretty much do all the bosses that I have done in Naxx. Maybe Thaddius and 25man Sapphiron are just out of reach...but its definitely still possible to get both of these done with good RNG.

You gear is also capable of doing at least half of ulduar too...

Anyway, good luck in Naxx, if you get stuck or have questions, you can feel free to ask me in this thread.
Edited by Zsunnie on 6/28/2012 12:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Just checked out your solo Sapph 25 man. What a monstrous creature! GLORIOUS!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
hey guys, gonna necro this thread again, coz the MoP pre-patch has brought enough "buffs" that there is one more boss in Naxx that can be soloed. But it requires pretty much BiS gear.

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ7EnrOITao

This brings soloable naxx bosses to 14/15 (damn you razuvious and your 100k unbalancing strikes)

I'm also thinking of maybe edit the original post to include Ulduar, TOC and maybe ICC solo as well, just to compile everything before mists goes live....
Edited by Zsunnie on 9/21/2012 12:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
i always get patchwerk down to 300k-600k and then BOOM he rages and i get roflstomped. i guess i need just a liiittle better gear.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/07/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Benjeh
i always get patchwerk down to 300k-600k and then BOOM he rages and i get roflstomped. i guess i need just a liiittle better gear.

It should be possible in your gear. Try saving your shadowfiend/mindbender for his enrage -- as soon as he enrages, pop it and fade. Should buy you enough time to finish burning him. He's one of the tougher bosses in Naxx but still very doable as shadow.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I posted this in the other thread as well, but everything is pretty easy EXCEPT for Razuvious and Patchwerk.

I've gotten Razuvious down to 1285 health before wiping...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I actually found solo'ing naxx was actually pretty simple. I think anyone in 370+ gear could easily do it. Patchwerk gave me some issues, but that's because I didn't realize all his trash agro's on pull. Still killed him, and his trash together, but it was tight.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
If you want a bit more of a challenge, head to Black Temple and solo the Illidari Council. I one-shotted 'em, but it was very touch and go at the end. I was out of mana and fighting them on fumes. (I did this as discipline, btw.)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
01/15/2012 08:43 PMPosted by Zsunnie
@Zsunnie heya i watched ur KT solo vid and saw u running around alot was wondering is there an explanation of the strat u were doing? i would like to be able to farm it.

I can only assume you meant Kael'Thas since I did not run that much on Kel'Thuzad. For Kael it is important to drag the council to the entrance of the instance and kill them there for phase 1 in order to not get overwhelmed for phase 3. By dragging them to the entrance for phase 1, you can fight them 1 by 1 when phase 3 starts instead of all 5 at the same time

Solo TK every week, have never dragged them to the front O.O
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/10/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Zethrax

I can only assume you meant Kael'Thas since I did not run that much on Kel'Thuzad. For Kael it is important to drag the council to the entrance of the instance and kill them there for phase 1 in order to not get overwhelmed for phase 3. By dragging them to the entrance for phase 1, you can fight them 1 by 1 when phase 3 starts instead of all 5 at the same time

Solo TK every week, have never dragged them to the front O.O

Apparently dragging them to the front was the only way to do it in T11/12. Obviously we no longer need to do that in T14

And despite this was made in cata... I guess this can now be the MoP Naxx soloing thread. But there's already a soloing thread on the front page...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
What all can Shadow priests solo? and do you use a different spec?

Mostly wonder if you can solo the ZG heroics ?

Most if not all cases soloing uses the same pve spec as the standard raiding spec. However priests cannot solo as much stuff being a cloth tank with no pet tanking and kiting abilities. With that said cata heroics are probably mostly still out of reach aside from an odd boss or two. On the top of my head I know that Altarius in heroic vortex pinnacle and Slabhide in heroic stonecore are both soloable. ZG heroics are yet another step up from these are I am guessing they are not soloable for priests yet.

I tried soloing normal Grim Batol the other day, and actually cleared all the trash up to the first boss and killed the first boss on 3rd attempt. That's at normal, heroic as you say is still mostly impossible with current gear. But by the end of this expansion cycle, being a few tier levels later, it might be possible for us to solo Cata Heroics.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I'm no sure if you're referring to 10s or 25s; I haven't tried 25s yet, but Instructor Raz was trivial as disc on 10s. I couldn't do squat to him as shadow. (Edit: You probably mean 25s...Sorry.)
Edited by Uden on 12/11/2012 4:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Uden
I'm no sure if you're referring to 10s or 25s; I haven't tried 25s yet, but Instructor Raz was trivial as disc on 10s. I couldn't do squat to him as shadow. (Edit: You probably mean 25s...Sorry.)

Well it used to be for 10mans coz the thread started back in cata, and priests couldnt handle 25man naxx very well if at all. But MoP has made 25man a lot easier now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
so its possible to clear solo 25m naxx now as spriest? sweet
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I got Raz (10-man) down tonight as shadow! It was a matter of keeping dots up, shielding on CD (and flash healing through unbalancing strike when shield was down), throwing in MS/MB whenever I could do so safely. Accidentally fat-fingered dispersion right when I pulled, so I didn't have that available but still got him down. I'll try him on 25-man later this week.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/10/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Zaryi
I tried soloing normal Grim Batol the other day, and actually cleared all the trash up to the first boss and killed the first boss on 3rd attempt. That's at normal, heroic as you say is still mostly impossible with current gear. But by the end of this expansion cycle, being a few tier levels later, it might be possible for us to solo Cata Heroics.

I've been running Stonecore and VP daily for the mounts, and they're pretty easy in this gear. Just for fun I tried H Stonecore last night, got the first two bosses down without much trouble; I think the trash before Ozruk is the tough part of that dungeon, but didn't try yet. I suspect many of the Cata heroics are currently soloable, except ones where mechanics make it impossible or nearly so -- Deadmines comes to mind (Foe Reaper) and I'm sure the troll heroics are still out of reach for non-tanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]