Polymorph as Level 90 Tier?

2 Human Mage
Really Blizzard? No, just no. Maybe as a level 15 or 30 tier.

- No one, and I mean no one, is choosing Sickly Polymorph. Why would anyone bother to try and CC a heavily damaged, or more likely, currently being attacked target?

- All PVE mages will choose Double Polymorph. A 3 second stun at the tail end of a 50 sec full Polymorph is laughably negligible and pointless.

- All PVP mages will choose Heavy Polymorph. Double Polys just means your opponents are put on diminishing returns Doubly as Fast.

Cookie cutter, and therefore pointless talent tier. Demote it, or better yet, scrap it and actually give us something original and worthwhile like nearly every other class gets as their Level 90 choices (and some, for their entire tree). A grade-schooler could come up with better talent ideas than this. Blizzard, I am disappoint.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Not gonna lie, I'm not thrilled about having 3 flavors of sheep as my level 90 talent. This is surely something that belongs in the tree at a lower level.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Well said,
Reply Quote
Exactly my thoughts. Here's a small part of a post I just did:
Tier 6: I polymorphed 3 mobs in raids since 4.0.3. A spriest in Cho'gall's room, trash before halfus and a cauterizer before Shannox in FL. This tier will be worthless to a PvE player if it continues that way, even though it's a fun and interesting tier. Sickly polymorph is useless in a PvE environment, Heavy Polymorph is insignificant in comparison. Cookie cutter again, Double Poly will see the most use, but as I said, when's the last time you've seen a mob polymorphed in a raid?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
The Poly tier is a fun idea, but it should absolutely NOT be the lvl 90 tier.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Pretty lame in my opinion. Did you see the Warlock 90 tier? Amazing. Ours? boring. Alteast we won't be the most popular class anymore.
Reply Quote
2 Human Mage
Tyrian, it has the potential to be a fun idea, but as it currently stands, it's basically the illusion of fun choice at best. When you break it down, you quickly realize there's zero interesting choices here, and it really is just another cookie-cutter based on what content you prefer to take part in.

11/23/2011 10:04 AMPosted by Líghtning
Alteast we won't be the most popular class anymore.

We haven't been close to the most popular class since Vanilla. Druids and Pallies have dominated World of Hybridcraft's population since BC, and look to only increase that lead going forward.
Edited by Incéndiary on 11/23/2011 10:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
If they would just give me the tree back, my druid would be coming off the shelf and into prime time for sure with what they are getting. Magi get new ways to CC from Arcane and Fire. Frost evidently bent over to pick up the soap in front of the developers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I can see Sickly Polymorph getting use in arenas but yeah

Anyway three pvp-only talents as my level 90 tier (most of these talents look pvp only to me, honestly) is extremely disappointing, especially given what other classes have for their exciting level 90 choice
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Did you see the Warlock 90 tier? Amazing.

I hate resorting to 'grass is greener' style of talk, but the Warlock talents (esp the lvl 90 tier) really do have some very GREEN looking grass over there!
Edited by Tyrian on 11/23/2011 10:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
2 Human Mage
11/23/2011 10:25 AMPosted by Soulfrost
I can see Sickly Polymorph getting use in arenas but yeah

Not really. Maybe if you're about to die, and your opponent is low as well but a bit higher HP than you, you could poly him and run off to Evo or eat or something, and not have him heal all the way to full. Otherwise, no one should be polymorphing an already injured target in PVP.
Edited by Incéndiary on 11/23/2011 10:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
11/23/2011 10:04 AMPosted by Líghtning
Pretty lame in my opinion. Did you see the Warlock 90 tier? Amazing. Ours? boring. Alteast we won't be the most popular class anymore.

totally agree. I see their talents and I start drooling. Why did they get so many talents that are completely new and we get a full set of talents and spell we already had being put into our talent tress + a tier full of useless polymorphs. I still wonder why Poly even heals targets at all when it's our only CC and it's pretty bad as it is, the healing just makes it worse.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
11/23/2011 09:35 AMPosted by Deerde
Not gonna lie, I'm not thrilled about having 3 flavors of sheep as my level 90 talent. This is surely something that belongs in the tree at a lower level.

More likely, it belong on the cutting room floor.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
11/23/2011 09:11 AMPosted by Incéndiary
- No one, and I mean no one, is choosing Sickly Polymorph. Why would anyone bother to try and CC a heavily damaged, or more likely, currently being attacked target?
Peals, switching to a different target when that one pops a defensive cd or gets a painsup or something, or simply throwing out cc. Sickly is pretty good. If I'm running a wizard cleave I'd consider it. Double poly just seems so good though.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
11/23/2011 09:11 AMPosted by Incéndiary
- All PVE mages will choose Double Polymorph. A 3 second stun at the tail end of a 50 sec full Polymorph is laughably negligible and pointless.

No way. I'm favoring the Poly-stun if only because it means the thing won't be running around or doing much of anything when it comes time to give it a beatdown (or some goon breaks it).

By the way, the stun applies when you break the sheep prematurely, not after the sheep is over.
Edited by Seiryu on 11/23/2011 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Awsome set of lvl 90 talents for mages. Worthy of the mages.

Most disheartening.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Really Blizzard? No, just no. Maybe as a level 15 or 30 tier.

- All PVP mages will choose Heavy Polymorph. Double Polys just means your opponents are put on diminishing returns Doubly as Fast.

Cookie cutter, and therefore pointless talent tier. Demote it, or better yet, scrap it and actually give us something original and worthwhile like nearly every other class gets as their Level 90 choices (and some, for their entire tree). A grade-schooler could come up with better talent ideas than this. Blizzard, I am disappoint.

totally agree i want new lvl 90 abilities please not sheep modes. I'm Highly disappointed, would love to see new attacking abilites or new utilities. Please Blizzard don't force this on us.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
SPG
They can put anything as a 90 talent tier, they just need to execute it correctly. I could imagine a few ways to make the sheep talents worthy of a 90 talent tier.

Sickly Polymorph: Your sheep no longer restores the targets health and blocks all healing to that target for the duration of the Polymorph.

Heavy Polymorph: You may now Polymorph immune targets. In addition, any Polymorphed target is now stunned for 3 seconds upon Polymorph breaking or expiring.

Double Polymorph: Your Polymorph now applies the debuff to a random enemy target within 30 yards as well. The extra target does not suffer diminishing returns from this extra Polymorph, but may not be affected by the bonus effect for 10 seconds afterwards.

Not necessarily balanced, but more interesting. I could see all three of those applications being used in PvP with Heavy and Double being used possibly in PvE. (Sickly could be used as well, but it depends on the mobs/bosses in MoP content and admittedly they all aren't extremely viable for PvE.) The point is that I came up with those in the span of two minutes. Blizzard just needs to dedicate some brainstorming sessions to this if they want Poly to be the 90 tier talent.
Edited by Meikos on 11/24/2011 1:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I can't believe they're using poly as a level 90 tier. You would think they would come up with something better, like a more destructive force or something. Then again as a mage,what more could you add, we are the all powerful as it is and will continue to be so.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
im liking this thread, blizz should REALLY think about anything else other than these terrible talents.

GTFO with poly, we have 6 or so different versions of what we want to see, and the option to stun one for a second in a talent atm, wonder how often people choose that talent....HMMMMM
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]