4.3 Raid Finder Loot Rules

30 Night Elf Priest
IMO Druid tanks should get priority on any items with Block, Parry or Dodge but not on all leather with AGI, that just screws all kitty druids and rogues.

tell me about it

by these rules it will cause less rogues/kitty druids to que cos they know tank druids will be getting top priority loot wise

1. There is no such thing as leather with block, parry or dodge.

2. Block rating is no longer even a stat. No gear has block rating on it.

2. Rogues, cat druids, and bear druids will all equally get the exact same +100 bonus.
Edited by Aderis on 11/25/2011 1:44 AM PST
85 Draenei Mage
if anything i should report your post as a threat against mine claiming im trolling merely because you dont like my opinion and rather than just ignoring my avatar and be done with you continue to reply and saying im the one being the forum troll

Yet you fail to see reason when people have corrected you countless times. It's getting to become moronic that your insinuating false information. Constantly insinuating false information is considered Trolling which is a bannable offense. Do you want me to go onto the PTR, run a Dragon Soul on my Bear druid, loose the roll, and post a screenshot that Bear druids can loose rolls to other agility wearing players? Would that satisfy you? Probably not because you consider the PTR to not be part of the actual game, when in reality, it's the testing ground for the actual game. Everything posted in the original post is what is currently on the PTR INCLUDING BEARS NOT HAVING PRIORITY OVER ROGUES AND KITTIES.

Probably also helps that Bears only have one "TANKING" stat, which is dodge. Considering there is NO DODGE ON LEATHER RIGHT NOW, we don't have priority on any tanking leather. If you had even an INKLING of bear druid knowledge, you would know that the only two ways we get dodge is a) Agility provides a small amount of dodge which is a primary stat. b) We reforge secondary stats to dodge (primarily haste but we do reforge Crit if haste is not one of the secondary stats). When they talk about tanking stats, the only three stats they are talking about is dodge, parry, and block. That is it.

By your warped logic, All tanks will have priority over everyone else, since Strength provides parry as well. But your so focused on druids that it's becoming asinine.
Edited by Delritha on 11/25/2011 1:55 AM PST
85 Draenei Mage
Then why say people are wrong when they have "personal experience" that says otherwise?

When I look at the original post I see

If you're in a raid as one of the below roles here is what you'll receive a roll bonus on:

Tank:
  • Agility Leather (for druids)

• Strength plate with tank stats on it

• Trinkets with tank stats

• Trinkets with Agility (for druids)

This to me says if a druid are registered as a tank, he is allowed to Need+ on Agility gear and trinkets. They can also roll on Tanking trinkets (the dodge trinket is nice but certainly not the best for bears). NO WHERE does it say they have priority over other agility users. If he rolled on Intellect gear, he would not gain the +Need roll. When they say Agility Leather (for druids), they are just saying DKs, Warriors, and Pallies cannot roll Need+ on the Agility Leather.

The second part:
DPS:
  • Mostly everything that doesn’t have a tank stat on it

• Spirit gear (for elemental shaman, shadow priest, and moonkin)

• Trinkets that trigger on damaging spells/melee hits

This says if you registered as a dps, as a druid, you cannot roll on the dodge/parry accessories. If your a dps druid then you can Need+ on Agility or Intellect Leather gear. THAT IS ALL THAT IT SAYS. Again no where does it say that tanks have priority over dps.

11/25/2011 01:55 AMPosted by Hackur
not to mention if you double check all the pages youll i am NOT the only player that is opposed to this new changes and i guess were all trolling just because they also share my opinion too right?

Most people just don't read previous posts. your the only one who is constantly going back saying everyone is wrong and you in your warped mind is correct.
Edited by Delritha on 11/25/2011 2:11 AM PST
1 Human Mage
Edit: Delritha beat me to it.
Edited by Hí on 11/25/2011 2:16 AM PST
100 Draenei Warrior
11/25/2011 12:53 AMPosted by Hackur
after all i wasnt aware i was not entitled to my opinion on this topic personally i dont think its going to fair to all classes and they should rethink it

Opinion: "This seems to me like it'll make it so druids will always win rolls against rogues. If that's true, that'd be pretty unfair to rogues."

Trolling: "blizzard why do u hate rogues and make it so bears can always take our gear? if any rogues get into lfr and there's a bear tank you should just drop group because you won't win any gear"

You've been doing the latter. You're refusing to listen to anyone telling you otherwise. Blizzard will not make a system where rogues cannot win rolls over bear druids, because that would be insanely stupid of them. Gear can be marked for two separate rolls, that was one of the very very first things Blizzard told us about the Need+ system. The other one of the very first things they said was that it would not solely benefit tanks and DPSers would be granted Need+ on items. In fact, here, have the direct quote:
10/07/2011 09:36 AMPosted by Lylirra
This bonus isn't only for tanking items either – it applies to Tanking, Damage Dealing, and Healing items, and some items are flagged for more than one class role too.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3341754864

You have absolutely no reason to think that rogues and druids will not have equal Need+ priority on agility leather and for you to continue believing otherwise, despite all the evidence to the contrary is either the most stubborn ignorance I have ever seen in my life, or you deliberately trolling us to start an argument. In which case, I'm fully justified in reporting you for trolling.
-----
Attack tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
100 Tauren Druid
OK, to all the idiots still whining about Agil leather.

Can you please inform me of ANY leather item in the game, or any agility based trinket / neck / ring etc that has a tanking stat on it that was created after Wrath of the Lich king. When I say tanking stat I mean a stat that is soley based around tanking.

These stats are dodge / block and Parry.

Mastery / haste / exp / hit / agility / crit / stamina are all neutral stats which are used by both and don't flag the item as either tank or dps but used by BOTH.

You will not find any, why? because they don't exist.

Rogue gear = feral cat gear = feral bear gear - all get the same priority on the roll. The reason they specifically pointed out druids on the tanking list is because prior to that bears were the ones getting screwed out of rolls with no +need.

Now it is equal ... all three get the +need (as do enh shamans and hunters on necks / cloaks / rings etc)
85 Blood Elf Paladin
leather agility gear is used by rogues, tank druids and kitty druids so i assume that would mean they would all get a similar bonus to roll on agility gear and end up being the same old who ever wins the roll gets the item.
85 Worgen Hunter
what would prevent an elemental shammy rolling on agi gear for his offspec ?

I bet this has crossed the minds of a couple of hunters :P
100 Blood Elf Paladin

As was mentioned earlier, absolutely nothing stops them from rolling AND they will get the need+ bonus. Have fun losing to ele shamans.
85 Troll Priest
11/24/2011 11:54 AMPosted by Verz
And with no Cho kill, no Nef kill, and no boss kills of any kind in Firelands, I don't think you're in a position to argue the necessity of spirit (or the performance of healers) at current endgame.

Yes, i may have taken 6 months of this expansion off, and maybe my first two guilds didn't do much in the way of raiding, but i do have a general idea on what's going on, and for HPriests, you mostly had to take every spirit bonus you could find. You're right that that diminished a lot since then. You're right I have not finished a lot of end game, but i'm considered a pretty fair healer, and i would suspect when i decide to play some more i'll learn a little better what's what.

As you alluded to after that, I do have a bit of a point. My ire stems from early xpac when it was nearly impossible to get spirit gear as it mostly dropped off optional bosses in HOO. The reason i feal this translates is because if they continue to base all Hpriest mana regen on spirit, we will yet again see all sorts of clothies needing on gear with spirit on it because they can translate it to hit. If you'll notice, i did say it would be made better with some hit > spirit translation for the Hpriest... you know in a sense of fairness.

Sorry that i'm not as End game as you, and my shineys aren't as big as your shineys, but just because i haven't managed to down the bosses you have, doesn't mean i'm clueless.
Edited by Redneckmedic on 11/25/2011 7:36 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Priest
11/23/2011 03:03 PMPosted by Tval
and Holy Priest needing spirit gear will get no advantage over DPS on theirs.

There's spirit cloth in TDS? News to me!
85 Troll Priest
and Holy Priest needing spirit gear will get no advantage over DPS on theirs.

One could argue that they might continue this practice on into 5.0, where indeed it would probably be relevant again. it was also noted in origional post as to some dps classes getting bonuses on spirit gear rolls, while it was glaringly missing from the healer bonuses....
Edited by Redneckmedic on 11/25/2011 7:51 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Priest
11/25/2011 07:46 AMPosted by Redneckmedic

One could argue that they might continue this practice on into 5.0, where indeed it would probably be relevant again.

They probably will.

"We want spirit to be relevant to all healers!"
"We want raiders to get their gear from bosses."
"We want to reduce the focus on valor points and restore the vendors to their previous place as stopgaps/consolation prizes."
"We intend spirit to be *the* regen stat. In fact, we're making changes in 5.0 so that INT provides no regen."
"But you know those raid drops that we expect you to be wearing at 5.0 release? Yeah, we're not putting any spirit on them."
90 Night Elf Druid
DPS:

• Ahh... Yes, Healers can you say taking it up the back-side yet again.
    85 Blood Elf Paladin

As was mentioned earlier, absolutely nothing stops them from rolling AND they will get the need+ bonus. Have fun losing to ele shamans.

actually they aren't referring to agility gear in general they are talking about agility leather so no an ele shaman wouldn't recieve the bonus and beat a rogue, tank druid or kitty druid for agility leather because last time i checked shaman like hunters use mail not leather.
    Edited by Mathayus on 11/25/2011 8:54 AM PST
    100 Draenei Warrior
    DPS:

Yeah, you're gonna get enhance shamans and cat druids needing on your spirit gear, but you really can't complain about ele shamans or boomkins needing on your spirit gear.
    -----
    Attack tables, diminishing returns and you!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
    100 Blood Elf Priest
    DPS:

No, that's fine, We really have no problem with sharing with they hybrid casters (one-spec-per-item is a bit much, I think, or even two specs of the same role in the case of priests).

The issue is...well, really, it's twofold.

First is the complete-nonexistence of gear drops that are itemized for holy priests in several slots, leaving them grinding valor for BIS in almost every non-tier slot.

Second is the nine-way sharing of all cloth drops (disc, holy, shadow, frost, fire, arcane, demo, destro, aff) which is out of line with every single other gear type. The next worst are DPS plate at 5 specs and agi leather at 4/5 if you count bear and cat separately.

Considering that priests are also subject to the same 7-way sharing of all spirit accessories/weapons and 13-way sharing of non-spirit caster accessories/weapons...we're not really in a nice spot for gearing, especially Holy, which can't even argue that the drops it's sharing are its BIS.
    90 Draenei Paladin
    So if I was healing in holy, I would get the bonus on all plate with int and/or spirit?
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]