4.3 Raid Finder Loot Rules

85 Blood Elf Hunter
does this mean that a tank can't roll a trinket that proc mastery with passive agi stat since it's considered to be a DPS trinket (let's say a bear tank wants to roll it:P)?

btw for tokens/tier, this system doesn't apply to tokens, am i correct?
85 Draenei Mage
does this mean that a tank can't roll a trinket that proc mastery with passive agi stat since it's considered to be a DPS trinket (let's say a bear tank wants to roll it:P)?

btw for tokens/tier, this system doesn't apply to tokens, am i correct?

No that is not correct. If your referring to druids, then they can roll on agility based trinkets with all the other agility based classes. If you are referring to DKs, Pallies, and warriors, then no. BTW, Agility does not provide much to DKs, Pallies, and Warriors, since these now ONLY provide crit. They removed in 4.2 the ability for DKs, Pallies, and Warriors to gain Dodge from Agility.

As for the tokens, if your class is part of that token, you gain the Need+
Edited by Delritha on 11/25/2011 12:26 PM PST
85 Goblin Warlock
If you ask me my only concerns players would complain the most about are resto druids, healing priests and resto shamans getting their spirit gear rolled on by damage specs,

Also that good 1h sword or helmet with +Hit and +expertise splendid for tank accuracy being rolled on by 1/3 of the raid being plate damage dealers. And vice versa.
85 Troll Priest
If you ask me my only concerns players would complain the most about are resto druids, healing priests and resto shamans getting their spirit gear rolled on by damage specs,

again
92 Tauren Warrior
Ok. Because I am seeing the notion of bear tanks getting priority over rogues, I will show the comparison between the Druid and DPS in one small quote.

Tank:
  • Agility Leather (for druids)

• DPS:
  • Mostly everything that doesn’t have a tank stat on it

• Spirit gear (for elemental shaman, shadow priest, and moonkin)

• Trinkets that trigger on damaging spells/melee hits

The tank stats are dodge and parry. Because none of the agility leather has Dodge or Parry, Feral Cats and Rogues will also get the Need+ bonus when they click need. Because the rule stated by Bashiok for DPS is "Mostly everything that doesn't have a tank stat on it". However, you are free to ask Bashiok to state more clearly what the tank stats are in his post.

The one main problem I do see in the rolling system is it doesn't differentiate specializations yet. You could have Shamans and Druids dual-specced into both melee and ranged DPS and the rolling would not lock them out of their "offspec".

The other is towards 2H weapons for DK tanks. There is no 2H weapon with Dodge or Parry, so they have to use the DPS versions. I think the best one to reforge from is the Haste / Mastery weapons.
1 Human Mage

you can't complain when spirit is just as good for hybrids as it is for healers. Unless you guys want to try killing a boss when none of the dps can actually hit the boss stop complaining.
Edited by Hí on 11/25/2011 1:46 PM PST
1 Human Mage
11/25/2011 03:47 PMPosted by Gnoblish
hello mister fail warrior, THE TANK STAT FOR DRUIDS IS AGILITY, kthxbai
Hello mister fail troll, agility is not a tank stat, if you say agility is a tank stat then by your reasoning strength is also a tank stat so no physical dps will ever get gear.
Edited by Hí on 11/25/2011 4:35 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/25/2011 12:30 PMPosted by Drowsylouis
If you ask me my only concerns players would complain the most about are resto druids, healing priests and resto shamans getting their spirit gear rolled on by damage specs

If you are talking about shadow priests, elemental shaman and balance druids, this isn't a valid complaint because, as least for the latter 2, spirit is how they get hit rating. There is no caster leather or mail with hit, and a good chunk of it has spirit on it. As for priests, I for one don't mind rolling against one single other spec for gear. Spirit is not a healer only stat.

If you're talking about the enhancement shaman and kitty druids, I'd understand that, since they will also be able to roll on spirit gear under this system. Unfortunately it's just something we will have to deal with until 5.0 when the system will be able to distinguish specs.
1 Human Mage
hello tard, where do you think druids get dodge from?? the freaking dodge fairy?????? no, agility, its how druid tanks get dodge, also mastery is a tank stat, but also dps

this lfr system seems so far fail all around

if dodge and parry are the ONLY tank stats, why do druid tanks get the bonus roll for agility leather..hmm??....oh thats right agility is a tank stat for druids...........

Strength gives parry so you're saying strength must also be a tank stat, well that means no one will get gear. They gave bears a Need+ to agility because rogues and cats already had a need+ to agility gear, if they didn't bears would stand no chance. Go troll somewhere else kid.
Edited by Hí on 11/25/2011 5:51 PM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
hello tard, where do you think druids get dodge from?? the freaking dodge fairy?????? no, agility, its how druid tanks get dodge, also mastery is a tank stat, but also dps

if dodge and parry are the ONLY tank stats, why do druid tanks get the bonus roll for agility leather..hmm??....oh thats right agility is a tank stat for druids...........

Because main stats are not "tank,dps,heal" specific. a Ret and a prot use str, a bear and a rogue use agi, and a resto and ele use int. so the secondary stats that determine whether it is so (except cloth for the most part, where Spi is heal + shadow priest only).

Thus, a bear and a rogue will have equal priority because they can both get equal use out of it (a bear because of its tanking utility, a rogue because of the dps increase utility).
Edited by Clova on 11/25/2011 5:53 PM PST
100 Draenei Warrior
11/25/2011 03:47 PMPosted by Gnoblish
hello mister fail warrior, THE TANK STAT FOR DRUIDS IS AGILITY, kthxbai
Did I just get called a fail warrior?

Also, what everyone else says. Yes, bears like agi, yes, it's their best stat. No, it is not a stat that is exclusive to tanks, so it is not a tank stat.

EDIT: Wait. What exactly are people arguing about here? Why are people so damn determined to believe that bears will get priority over rogues on loot? Do you actually want that to happen so you can justify your QQing? Just so everyone's clear here, we know that if bears get priority over rogues, it would be unfair, and we'd be complaining too (Hell, I don't even really play my druid, I'd still be complaining on behalf of the bears I know). But you guys are making it seem, with quotes like the one I quoted in this post, like Blizzard should make it so bears get priority over rogues.
-----
Attack tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Edited by Waniou on 11/25/2011 6:00 PM PST
85 Draenei Mage

And yet another person who fails to see logic.

yes Dodge is a tanking stats. HOWEVER there are TWO ways druids gain dodge. You just look at the only PRIMARY stat that all agility wearers have....Agility. However you fail to remember, druids reforge Haste, Crit, hit, and expertise into dodge. Less so on Crit and Expertise but we do reforge those stats into dodge. However until 5.0 comes out, we will not see dodge on leather gear. So until then we will still have to roll against other agility gear as any other agility user. We do not have priority over another. and do I need to get a screenshot of my druid loosing rolls on the PTR to other rogues just to prove my point?

Yes Agility is a powerful stat for bears but it does not give us priority over other agility classes.

Agility provides

a) Crit
b) Dodge
c) Attack Power
d) Attack Power increases our Vengance amount
e) Vengance increases how much Savage Defense we can have.
Edited by Delritha on 11/25/2011 7:42 PM PST
89 Blood Elf Priest
What about items that a player might already have in their possession.

Say for example, a token drops and player 1 already has the token/equipment granted by the token but rolls need anyway just to be a jerk. Will the roll be recognized or would they be ineligible for a roll since they already have the item?
1 Human Mage
What about items that a player might already have in their possession.

Say for example, a token drops and player 1 already has the token/equipment granted by the token but rolls need anyway just to be a jerk. Will the roll be recognized or would they be ineligible for a roll since they already have the item?
They can still roll unless the item is unique however most items nowadays aren't unique and are just unique-equipped.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]