4.3 Raid Finder Loot Rules

100 Dwarf Hunter
Does this mean that agility using classes will still be able to roll on strength items and vice versa?
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
11/23/2011 01:52 PMPosted by Spinnerdh
Does this mean that agility using classes will still be able to roll on strength items and vice versa?

Can't roll on Str armor or tank accessories (Trinkets/Neck/Cloak/Ring).

However as Bashiok said, they mostly can't differentiate between types of DPS. So I guess in theory you could roll on a Str DPS weapon or accessory if you wanted to be a jerk.

:(
100 Tauren Druid
11/23/2011 01:56 PMPosted by Arielle
However as Bashiok said, they mostly can't differentiate between types of DPS. So I guess in theory you could roll on a Str DPS weapon or accessory if you wanted to be a jerk.

I have the feeling LFR will cause these forums to explode over the next few months with dps rolling on offspec gear that they will not or do not use for their main spec. Such as ele shamans rolling on agil mail and such...

I honestly think this will be a disaster until they can differentiate specs properly.
90 Night Elf Druid
As previously announced the Raid Finder will use an altered version of Need Before Greed that provides loot roll bonuses to those that have entered the raid in the role (tank, DPS, healing) that uses those items. Unfortunately the system is currently unable to detect spec, and so this creates some issues for classes that utilize stats that are not "common" to that role.

To help clarify which items you will or will not be able to roll on based on the role you entered the raid in, we have some basic guidelines that we've followed that should help you anticipate which items you'll receive the roll bonus on.

If you're in a raid as one of the below roles here is what you'll receive a roll bonus on:

Tank:
  • Agility Leather (for druids)

• Strength plate with tank stats on it

• Trinkets with tank stats

• Trinkets with Agility (for druids)

I'm with Arielle on this, THANK YOU. This just made my day even better.

/cheer
85 Orc Death Knight
Why not make 4 roles in the queue

Tank
Melee DPS
Ranged DPS
Healer

Now they don't have to differentiate by spec and they'll know that those Int accessories are for healers and ranged DPS while the Str and Agi ones are for melee DPS.

And I still say it's going to suck to be a rogue in the Random Raid Finder.
90 Human Warrior
DPS:
  • Trinkets that trigger on damaging spells/melee hits

• Please make sure this doesn't include tank trinkets that trigger off of attacks, like Soulshifter Vortex.
    Edited by Muspel on 11/23/2011 2:03 PM PST
    90 Orc Hunter
    sucks to be a rogue with a druid tank(and vice versa) in LFR i guess.
    - World of Warcraft
    100 Night Elf Druid
    thank you
    No more mages/locks taking spirit gear thank you blizzard <3

Of course there will be. It's just the healer will get the roll bonus when they roll. It's not a guarantee.

And if it's an upgrade for them, they'll be justified too.
    Edited by Luxredux on 11/23/2011 2:06 PM PST
    85 Orc Shaman
    11/23/2011 01:44 PMPosted by Bashiok
    For Demon Soul there will be some overlap

Demon what?
    85 Human Death Knight
    Can someone clarify what happens for DK tanks who would like to upgrade their 2h weapon ? Do they get a bonus when rolling on these as well ?
    100 Dwarf Warrior
    With Mists of Pandaria our expectation is that we will have the ability to detect spec, and so all of these issues go away for future raids. For Demon Soul there will be some overlap, though, and it's important you're aware of the loot rules as due to the automated distribution system our support department will not be able to assist with any loot disputes while using Raid Finder.

Found an error here, buddy.

The raid is called Dragon Soul, no?
    90 Worgen Druid
    This is what happens when Druids swarm Bashiok.

:P Cheers.
    90 Tauren Druid
    11/23/2011 01:46 PMPosted by Sweaterlumpz
    Pretty sure you meant "Dragon Soul" and not Demon Soul.

Ultimately, its the same thing. But since its a pronoun, yes, he made a mistake. /gasp!
    85 Draenei Mage
    What is being done about weapons though? I know when testing on the Dragon Soul LFR, DKs, and Pallies, were able to roll (and win) Agility based weapons (aka polearms and axes) over classes that benefit them the most (Feral Druids, Hunters and rogues, enhancement shamans respectfully). Are those being tweaked so that Strength based players are not Need+ on Agility weapons (which most likely will be in the form of "griefing") over Agility players and visa-versa?
    Edited by Delritha on 11/23/2011 2:20 PM PST
    85 Gnome Death Knight
    11/23/2011 01:50 PMPosted by Moghidien
    It's going to suck to be a rogue or kitty druid in the raid finder.

They will still get their +100 on the item.

It was more of saying that bear druids will get the same chance as a dps on the leather pieces rather than bears having priority.
    85 Tauren Priest
    11/23/2011 01:44 PMPosted by Bashiok
    If you're in a raid as one of the below roles here is what you'll receive a roll bonus on:

Does this mean you can only select one role when using the "looking for Raid" tool? If not then doesn't this system penalize someone who is willing to queue up for whatever role is needed?

You might as well be saying "Hey since you are willing to Tank, or You are willing to Heal, we are going to make sure you are never geared up to enjoy the game as a DPS!"
    85 Orc Shaman
    No more mages/locks taking spirit gear thank you blizzard <3

Of course there will be. It's just the healer will get the roll bonus when they roll. It's not a guarantee.

And if it's an upgrade for them, they'll be justified too.
    Hows is it not a guarantee? The healer will always out roll the Mage/Warlock because of the +100 bonus they receive. Even if the Mage rolled a 100 and the Healer rolled a 1 the healer would still win with a roll of 101
    Edited by Shigar on 11/23/2011 2:21 PM PST
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]