4.3 Raid Finder Loot Rules

1 Human Mage
No more mages/locks taking spirit gear thank you blizzard <3

Of course there will be. It's just the healer will get the roll bonus when they roll. It's not a guarantee.

And if it's an upgrade for them, they'll be justified too.

It is a guarantee the healer/hybrid dps will get a 100 bonus to their roll, so no the mage can't win unless no1 else needs the item.
85 Tauren Priest
11/23/2011 02:20 PMPosted by Deathspoir
It's going to suck to be a rogue or kitty druid in the raid finder.

They will still get their +100 on the item.

It was more of saying that bear druids will get the same chance as a dps on the leather pieces rather than bears having priority.

Go back and read the Blue post. Bear Tanks will get priority on any leather/Trinket with agility so that means the Tank will get the +100 and not the DPS
85 Orc Death Knight
Why not make 4 roles in the queue

Tank
Melee DPS
Ranged DPS
Healer

Now they don't have to differentiate by spec and they'll know that those Int accessories are for healers and ranged DPS while the Str and Agi ones are for melee DPS.

And I still say it's going to suck to be a rogue in the Random Raid Finder.

They'd also have to mage a Magic DPS. You can't count it as ranged in your example since hunters and mages clearly do not roll on the same items. Well, except those INT hunters from back in the day stealing my staves!

You're right. Instead of Melee DPS and Ranged DPS it would have to be Physical DPS and Magic DPS.

Physical DPS - rogues, warriors, death knights, enhancement shaman, hunters, kitty druids, ret paladins

Magic DPS - warlocks, mages, shadow priests, boomkins, elemental shaman
85 Draenei Mage

They will still get their +100 on the item.

It was more of saying that bear druids will get the same chance as a dps on the leather pieces rather than bears having priority.

Go back and read the Blue post. Bear Tanks will get priority on any leather/Trinket with agility so that means the Tank will get the +100 and not the DPS

Your reading too into it. All it says is that if your druid is qued up as a tank, then you will gain the same Need+ as every other Agility class. Tanks will not have priority over other rogues. I can vouche for this in that I tested this with my Druid tank on the PTR and I lost rolls to rogues (2 of the leather agility boots dropped from the Spine of Deathwing a week ago and I lost both rolls to the same rogue).
Edited by Delritha on 11/23/2011 2:35 PM PST
1 Tauren Druid
yea it seams more like Feral tanks are screwed compared to other tanks.

Tank plate/ring etc drops, 2 (or 1) plate tank rolls on it +100, so 100% or 50% chance for item.

Feral tank loot drops, they roll against all cats and rogues for leather, and all rogues, cats, hunters, enh shaman for agility trinkets, rings necks.

Basically, you probably won't see many feral tanks in LFR. Why tank? go cat, have less responsibility and get the same chance at loot.
90 Night Elf Druid
So, is the roll bonus for Spirit Gear going to be equal between healers and dps (for the classes listed)?
Edited by Laurenallu on 11/23/2011 2:39 PM PST
1 Human Mage
yea it seams more like Feral tanks are screwed compared to other tanks.

Tank plate/ring etc drops, 2 (or 1) plate tank rolls on it +100, so 100% or 50% chance for item.

Feral tank loot drops, they roll against all cats and rogues for leather, and all rogues, cats, hunters, enh shaman for agility trinkets, rings necks.

Basically, you probably won't see many feral tanks in LFR. Why tank? go cat, have less responsibility and get the same chance at loot.

This was only put into place so people couldn't roll on gear for their offspec and win over someone who needed if for their mainspec. A rogue needs leather for their mainspec just as much as the druid tank needs it for their mainspec nothing wrong with this at all. Just because you tank something and may put in more work depending on the boss doesn't mean you should get priority on all loot.

11/23/2011 02:38 PMPosted by Laurenallu
So, is the roll bonus for Spirit Gear going to be equal between healers and dps (for the classes listed)?

Yes every bonus listed is exactly the same no bonus is more or less than another.
Edited by Hí on 11/23/2011 2:42 PM PST
85 Orc Warlock
There has been another question brought up in other places too, are you guys going to implement some mechanic along the lines of the holiday bosses where people wont be able to need on an item that they already posses? I know that there would have to be a couple of exceptions for Titan Grip warriors and the other dual wielding classes but for the tier tokens and unique trinkets having this in place could cut down on a lot of loot drama.
85 Draenei Shaman
Why are so many melee Druids and rogues complaining? You guys have prolly the least amount of gear to share, and rogues get daggers all to themselves. While healers using one handed weapons have lots of competition. And now we have to compete our spirit stuff and jewelry with the dps. Maybe there is less leather are that drops, but you are also way less likely to have a roll war.
90 Undead Warlock
So smf warrior and dw frost dk dps will be on equal footing for prot warriors/pallies for 1h weapons with defensive stats ?

And Blood DKs + bears don't even have the cushion of having their tank weapons being undesirable for dpsers ?

Please reconsider.

Even if 1h str tank weapons will still be rolled on by dpsers who don't know better and for offspecs, I think this still would make it disproportionately likely for 1h str tanks to get their weapons before Blood DKs and bears. This will be the 2nd tier in a row, and 2/3 for the expansion, where there is not a 2h weapon with only stats that are useful to a Blood DK. Every other tank gets defensive benefit out of their suitable weapon from DW, unless the tentacles spawned from the 2h have a defensive capability that is not intuitively evident based on the wording.

I realize that you have stated before that you try to make sure that Blood DKs are competitive even without weapons tailored for them, but it just feels very frustrating and frankly insulting. After there not being anything like Akirus or Reforged Trollbane in Firelands, I was sure they couldn't forget about Blood DKs again for the final raid of the expansion ... but they did. Blood DKs might be competitive but it just feels unfair to have such a huge amount of a stat that does very, very little for them (and that's assuming they get a weapon with haste + either mastery/expertise/hit -- if they get one with crit, well, the bonus threat is a non-issue and does not help).
90 Undead Warrior
How about 2-h weapons for DK Tanks?

Does "tanking stats" mean anything with mastery on it?
90 Night Elf Warrior

Tank:
[ul]
  • Agility Leather (for druids)

• So to clarify, if a Rogue, a Feral tanking Druid, and a Feral cat Druid roll on leather, the tanking Druid always takes priority? That's fair.
    85 Tauren Priest
    11/23/2011 02:34 PMPosted by Delritha
    Your reading too into it. All it says is that if your druid is qued up as a tank, then you will gain the same Need+ as every other Agility class. Tanks will not have priority over other rogues. I can vouche for this in that I tested this with my Druid tank on the PTR and I lost rolls to rogues (2 of the leather agility boots dropped from the Spine of Deathwing a week ago and I lost both rolls to the same rogue).

So what you are saying is that even though the System is set to help Tanks get Tanking gear that it basically zeros out so it means nothing! Sounds like its a lot of words that are nothing more then PR.
    11/23/2011 02:47 PMPosted by Emeraude
    So to clarify, if a Rogue, a Feral tanking Druid, and a Feral cat Druid roll on leather, the tanking Druid always takes priority? That's fair.

Not according to Delritha who says that the system gives the Tanks no advantage for Tanking gear.
    Edited by Tval on 11/23/2011 2:51 PM PST
    16 Undead Warrior
    Does anyone know ...

Does a Bind On Equip item become Soulbound to the player once it is won ?
    Edited by Jimmybones on 11/23/2011 2:57 PM PST

Of course there will be. It's just the healer will get the roll bonus when they roll. It's not a guarantee.

And if it's an upgrade for them, they'll be justified too.

It is a guarantee the healer/hybrid dps will get a 100 bonus to their roll, so no the mage can't win unless no1 else needs the item.

The mage gets the bonus too. The mage is DPS and it clearly states that DPS gets a bonus on spirit gear.

The bonuses are broken down by your role. So any DPS that can roll need on cloth now, will be able to roll need on spirit cloth gear with the 100 bonus. The reason they had to do that is not to screw the hybrid classes. Unfortunately, it gives dirty mages and unscrupulous warlocks equal shot at that gear.
    1 Human Mage

Tank:
    [ul]

• So to clarify, if a Rogue, a Feral tanking Druid, and a Feral cat Druid roll on leather, the tanking Druid always takes priority? That's fair.

No all 3 specs get a bonus.

The mage gets the bonus too. The mage is DPS and it clearly states that DPS gets a bonus on spirit gear.

The bonuses are broken down by your role. So any DPS that can roll need on cloth now, will be able to roll need on spirit cloth gear with the 100 bonus. The reason they had to do that is not to screw the hybrid classes. Unfortunately, it gives dirty mages and unscrupulous warlocks equal shot at that gear.

Spirit gear (for elemental shaman, shadow priest, and moonkin) Do you see mages and locks in there? Cause I don't
    Edited by Hí on 11/23/2011 2:53 PM PST
    85 Orc Shaman

It says Shaman, Priests and Druids will get the bonus roll for spirit gear, nothing about Mages or Warlocks
    Edited by Shigar on 11/23/2011 2:54 PM PST
    85 Draenei Mage

Tank:
    [ul]

I've said it before, Tanking Druids do not gain priority over other leather users. My Druid tank lost rolls to rogues on the PTR's LFR.
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]