4.3 Raid Finder Loot Rules

1 Tauren Druid

This was only put into place so people couldn't roll on gear for their offspec and win over someone who needed if for their mainspec. A rogue needs leather for their mainspec just as much as the druid tank needs it for their mainspec nothing wrong with this at all. Just because you tank something and may put in more work depending on the boss doesn't mean you should get priority on all loot.

Im defiantly not saying its unfair, in reference from druids to rogues. Just pointing out that the system is skewed in favor of plate tanks. Plate tanks will have a 50% or 100% at getting their loot drops. So there is incentive for plate tanks to tank LFR with the much higher chance at loot, whereas there is no incentive for ferals to tank LFR.
85 Draenei Mage

So what you are saying is that even though the System is set to help Tanks get Tanking gear that it basically zeros out so it means nothing! Sounds like its a lot of words that are nothing more then PR.

What I do find lacking info is Need+ on weapons. Currently Strength based classes can Need+ on Agility based weapons and win; and visa-versa. I made a post over on the ptr forums about it here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595670275
90 Human Warlock
Does anyone know ...

Does a Bind On Equip item become Soulbound to the player once it is won ?

I don't see why they would cancel that particular change now. It is currently that way.
11/23/2011 02:52 PMPosted by
Spirit gear (for elemental shaman, shadow priest, and moonkin) Do you see mages and locks in there? Cause I don't

The part in parentheses is explaining why DPS get that bonus. It is not a list of restrictions. They went through every piece of gear and tagged who gets the bonus (tank, dps, heal or some combination). They don't do any additional checks that the current dungeon finder doesn't do. So if you have cloth proficiency and you are DPS you get the bonus on spirit cloth gear.
85 Tauren Priest
11/23/2011 02:56 PMPosted by Delritha
I've said it before, Tanking Druids do not gain priority over other leather users. My Druid tank lost rolls to rogues on the PTR's LFR.

So in other words the promotion of the new system is nothing but a lot of empty air. DPS will still get equal priority on Bear tank gear and Holy Priest needing spirit gear will get no advantage over DPS on theirs. Can almost bet there will be a stat on all the other Tanking/Healer gear that lets the DPS loot roll bonus negate a Tank/healers bonus!

Sounds more like a piece of PR that will cause more discontent then the the LFG loot system! Get ready for forums full of Ninja threads once this goes live!
Edited by Tval on 11/23/2011 3:03 PM PST
16 Undead Warrior
11/23/2011 03:01 PMPosted by Starweave
I don't see why they would cancel that particular change now. It is currently that way.

Just in case they forgot :)

... since you can't ticket for disputes just want things crystal clear so no missunderstandings
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin
11/23/2011 01:52 PMPosted by Sevine
Will this loot system be applied to 5 mans as well, if not is there plans to implement it?

I hope not. MS/OS does not belong in dungeons. Dungeon loot rules are "if you will wear it and it is correct for your class, fair game". Loot disputes in randoms only come around because of people who don't have a clue, people who roll need just because they can/griefing/etc, and people whining that they lost a roll.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/23/2011 03:03 PMPosted by Tval
Sounds more like a piece of PR that will cause more discontent then the the LFG loot system! Get ready for forums full of Ninja threads once this goes live!

You can't Ninja anything in raid finder. Ninja would infer that you didn't get a chance to roll at all. Only thing that will exist is complainers and sore losers that cry about how lost a roll and so and so is a ninja because I didn't win a item.
90 Undead Priest
At 1 loot per boss per week, what incentive do players have to queue more than once a week?

I can already see where this is going....pre-made 25 mans and even more LFR trade-chat spamming. Both to control who gets in and to make it so you don't have to re-clear from 2/7 when your locked to 6/7.

Or are the raids really so easy that failing is pretty much impossible? If that's the case what's the point? The valor items alone would gear a person up sufficiently to skip raid finder and hop into normals+.
90 Draenei Death Knight
So DKs have to queue as DPS to get a weapon to tank with?

Editing for clarity, based on the post above:

Tanks don't get priority for weapons, regardless of stats.

DPS get priority on nearly everything that doesn't have a tank stat (including weapons). So in every case, DPS gets tank weapons over tanks?
Edited by Memories on 11/23/2011 3:24 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
To all the QQ about Bears:

Bears will now be on equal footing with other applicable DPS (Rogue/Feral(Boomkin?) for Leather, Agi DPS for accessories) rather than auto-losing to them because they were rolling need vs need+ from the DPS class.
90 Goblin Rogue
Can we get some sound please? And does that mean Bear Druids are going to be having priority on DPS leather over rogues?
85 Blood Elf Priest
I've said it before, Tanking Druids do not gain priority over other leather users. My Druid tank lost rolls to rogues on the PTR's LFR.

So in other words the promotion of the new system is nothing but a lot of empty air.

How could bears get priority over dps, leather tanking gear doesn't exist. it would be completely unreasonable for dps not to get equal priority on dps gear.
Edited by Mescyn on 11/23/2011 3:20 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Priest
At 1 loot per boss per week, what incentive do players have to queue more than once a week?

There's no limits on the amount of loot you can win per boss. It's just your first kill is the only one that qualifies for loot. You requeue if your group fell apart before the last boss of the wing died.

This whole one loot system is just a system to make continuing your run be practical. Otherwise you'd have to be in a queue which had killed exactly the same set of bosses you had killed in order to continue.
100 Undead Rogue
So does this mean I'll have an equal shot as a bear druid and a cat druid for leather agi gear AND trinkets (not to mention monks in MoP) when I roll need in LFR for an applicable item or LESS of a chance? -_- Or is it I'll have as equal of a chance as a cat druid and monk melee dps but less of a chance against a monk tank and a druid tank?

I would like to point out that as a rogue, if I have less of a chance than the melee agi leather Tanks at gear it means I would be completely wasting my time with LFR and would have a much better chance at gear with a server-based PuG than LFR would ever give me. Which makes LFR completely useless for gear purposes for all rogues and cats and melee dps monks, which isn't what you're aiming for (I assume).

I don't think this issue will go away in MoP due to the fact that there is no armor-dodge specific leather gear for bear druids/monk tanks (you guys did away with those stats on leather in 3.0, if I remember correctly).

I'd like to know what the solution is for this issue in MoP, as of now you guys haven't addressed it at all.

As I have a bear druid and a rogue and will have a monk, this issue is 3-fold for me and aggravating from all sides.
Edited by Lucrezia on 11/23/2011 3:38 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Adding my name to the list of DKs wondering how boned we are about tanking weapons. There are NO two handed tanking weapons in the game, by design. It's bad enough that the past couple of tiers have been throwing critical strike as a huge stat on plate DPS gear-even our TIER gear-but a DK trying to get gear in LFR is gonna be rolling against Unholy DKs, Frost DKs, Fury Warriors, Arms Warriors, and Ret Paladins for tanking weapons without the bonus that tanks who use one handed tanking weapons have.

Seems fair to me!
Edited by Arryk on 11/23/2011 3:29 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin

This was only put into place so people couldn't roll on gear for their offspec and win over someone who needed if for their mainspec. A rogue needs leather for their mainspec just as much as the druid tank needs it for their mainspec nothing wrong with this at all. Just because you tank something and may put in more work depending on the boss doesn't mean you should get priority on all loot.

Im defiantly not saying its unfair, in reference from druids to rogues. Just pointing out that the system is skewed in favor of plate tanks. Plate tanks will have a 50% or 100% at getting their loot drops. So there is incentive for plate tanks to tank LFR with the much higher chance at loot, whereas there is no incentive for ferals to tank LFR.

Play a plate tank then if you want to get gear easier. Actually saw this in action on the PTR the 1h tank weapon droped on deathwing and the paladin tank won it automatically since the other tank was a druid.

Don't understand why you are complaining raid finder or not a druid tank would have to compete with rogues and cat druids.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]