4.3 Raid Finder Loot Rules

85 Troll Shaman
11/23/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Tyrantflame
sucks to be a rogue with a druid tank(and vice versa) in LFR i guess.

I'm baffled by comments like these... In the current RDF, this situation already exists. Are you telling me that that situation has never happened to you in the RDF? How do you think it will be different? The only change I can perceive is the +100 Need rolls. It won't detect specs yet - it currently detects your role and class - but they hope to have that done for MoP. My hope is that you can't fudge that by changing specs real quick after the kill but before the loot is presented.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Healer:
Any appropriate caster gear without Hit

So if an item has 2 of the following; haste, mastery, or crit but no hit, Mages and locks are SoL.

Example:

Ring of the Riven
Binds when picked up
Unique Equipped: Ring of the Riven (1)
Finger
+220 Intellect
+360 Stamina
Red Socket
Socket Bonus: +10 Intellect
Requires Level 85
Item Level 384
Equip: Increases your mastery rating by 146.
Equip: Improves haste rating by 152.
Edited by Blackgoddess on 11/23/2011 3:52 PM PST
85 Human Priest
I'm concerned that Spirit Gear is mentioned for certain DPS classes and not mentioned at all for Healers.

90 Blood Elf Priest
11/23/2011 03:46 PMPosted by Anjelle
I'm concerned that Spirit Gear is mentioned for certain DPS classes and not mentioned at all for Healers.

Healer:

That would include spirit gear.
85 Orc Warlock
and what about DK tank 2h weapons?
85 Draenei Paladin
I'm just glad Blizz is making improvements.

Look at all these people looking for any way the system can be flawed, and complaining about it. Relax people. Even our government is still a work in progress. Amendments and new laws are being passed everyday, yet apparently Blizz needs to make a system absolutely perfect or it sucks.

FYI, there is no perfect system. There will always be flaws.
1 Human Mage
Healer:

So if an item has 2 of the following; haste, mastery, or crit but no hit, Mages and locks are SoL.

Example:

Ring of the Riven
Binds when picked up
Unique Equipped: Ring of the Riven (1)
Finger
+220 Intellect
+360 Stamina
Red Socket
Socket Bonus: +10 Intellect
Requires Level 85
Item Level 384
Equip: Increases your mastery rating by 146.
Equip: Improves haste rating by 152.

You're not SoL because you get the same bonus on that as a healer does.
100 Tauren Shaman
I think it is perfectly fair for the casters that can use spirit can get the bonus is great. That way we can get the best secondary stat that we can ex (i would rather have spirirt/haste than hit/mastery).
90 Blood Elf Priest

You're not SoL because you get the same bonus on that as a healer does.

I hope your right.
85 Draenei Shaman
sweet

bashiok was playing Demon's Souls.i hope blizzard grabs some stuff from it.would be awesome to see bosses difficult like the bosses in Demon's souls.

one of my favorite games of all time.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/23/2011 02:44 PMPosted by Keebes
There has been another question brought up in other places too, are you guys going to implement some mechanic along the lines of the holiday bosses where people wont be able to need on an item that they already posses? I know that there would have to be a couple of exceptions for Titan Grip warriors and the other dual wielding classes but for the tier tokens and unique trinkets having this in place could cut down on a lot of loot drama.

The ability to get tokens for off-specs will keep people who know what they are doing in the LFR which is a good thing. Tanks and hybrid casters who need an off-spec gear for 1 tank fights and 2/3 healer fights should not be screwed out of ever getting tokens.
85 Draenei Shaman
i hope "hybrids" like me can roll on mail caster gear,even if it doesn't have hit.( never seen a mail caster gear with hit,aside from tier sets). that would really suck.
100 Human Rogue
So does this mean I'll have an equal shot as a bear druid and a cat druid for leather agi gear AND trinkets (not to mention monks in MoP) when I roll need in LFR for an applicable item or LESS of a chance? -_- Or is it I'll have as equal of a chance as a cat druid and monk melee dps but less of a chance against a monk tank and a druid tank?

I would like to point out that as a rogue, if I have less of a chance than the melee agi leather Tanks at gear it means I would be completely wasting my time with LFR and would have a much better chance at gear with a server-based PuG than LFR would ever give me. Which makes LFR completely useless for gear purposes for all rogues and cats and melee dps monks, which isn't what you're aiming for (I assume).

I don't think this issue will go away in MoP due to the fact that there is no armor-dodge specific leather gear for bear druids/monk tanks (you guys did away with those stats on leather in 3.0, if I remember correctly).

I'd like to know what the solution is for this issue in MoP, as of now you guys haven't addressed it at all.

As stated better by someone on this thread before me but a common question for rogues it seems. I understand the appeal to go from the raid finder to a normal raid in order to get the legendary daggers and thus may be the answer to the problem of potential gear limitation.
Edited by Drconnery on 11/23/2011 4:27 PM PST
85 Draenei Mage
So does this mean I'll have an equal shot as a bear druid and a cat druid for leather agi gear AND trinkets (not to mention monks in MoP) when I roll need in LFR for an applicable item or LESS of a chance? -_- Or is it I'll have as equal of a chance as a cat druid and monk melee dps but less of a chance against a monk tank and a druid tank?

I would like to point out that as a rogue, if I have less of a chance than the melee agi leather Tanks at gear it means I would be completely wasting my time with LFR and would have a much better chance at gear with a server-based PuG than LFR would ever give me. Which makes LFR completely useless for gear purposes for all rogues and cats and melee dps monks, which isn't what you're aiming for (I assume).

I don't think this issue will go away in MoP due to the fact that there is no armor-dodge specific leather gear for bear druids/monk tanks (you guys did away with those stats on leather in 3.0, if I remember correctly).

I'd like to know what the solution is for this issue in MoP, as of now you guys haven't addressed it at all.

As stated better by someone on this thread before me but a common question for rogues it seems. I understand the appeal to go from the raid finder to a normal raid in order to get the legendary daggers and thus may be the answer to the problem of potential gear limitation.

People need to read the rest of the thred. No you will not have less of a chance. Bear Druids, Cat Druids, Rogues, Monk tanks, and Monk dps all have the same chance at the same gear. No one has priority over the other.
1 Human Mage
11/23/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Dualshock
i hope "hybrids" like me can roll on mail caster gear,even if it doesn't have hit.( never seen a mail caster gear with hit,aside from tier sets). that would really suck.
Did you not read the whole thing?

Healer:

forcing dps casters into only getting gear with hit on it... how is this remotely fair? hybrid dps get a bonus on spirit gear but are also on even footing to get hit gear from pures too, sounds horrible.

No you both get the same bonus when rolling on gear without hit/spirit.
85 Orc Shaman
11/23/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Dualshock
Did you not read the entire post? It says you'll be able to
100 Human Paladin
aus
11/23/2011 01:50 PMPosted by Moghidien
It's going to suck to be a rogue or kitty druid in the raid finder.

What? Because of the 2 tanks (out of 25 players), one might be a feral tank druid who is able to roll on everything they can that has agility? Ignoring the fact the rogues have by far the widest selection of weapons designed for them.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]