4.3 Raid Finder Loot Rules

85 Draenei Mage
Gnob....I've said it before and I'll say it again. Druid tanks do not have higher priority over rogues.

I was in an LFR raid just LAST WEEK on my feral tank. We downed the Spine of Deathwing and TWO of the leather agility boots dropped. BOTH rolls went to the SAME rogue, even though I was registered as a tank.
Edited by Delritha on 11/23/2011 6:18 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Here's how I read it. The following specs get the +100 bonus:

Spirit Cloth: All priests.

Hit Rating Cloth: All damage-dealing cloth wearers.

Cloth without spirit or hit rating: All cloth-wearers.

Agility leather: All rogues and druids in a tanking or damage-dealing role.

Intellect leather: All druids in a damage-dealing or healing role. I'm assuming that there's no intellect leather with hit rating.

Agility mail: All shamans and hunters in a damage-dealing role.

Intellect mail: All shamans. I'm assuming that intellect mail has no hit rating.

Intellect plate: Paladins in a healing spec.

Strength plate with dodge or parry: Paladins, warriors, and death knights in a tank role.

Strength plate with crit rating or haste rating: Paladins, warriors, and death knights in a damage-dealing role.

Strength plate with only mastery, hit rating, and expertise: Paladins, warriors, and death knights in either damage-dealing or tank roles.

Note that balance and kitty druids get +100 on all leather, shadow priests get +100 on all cloth, and enhancement and elemental shamans get +100 on all mail.
Edited by Sithra on 11/23/2011 6:28 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin

tank stat for druid is agility, so by there words, the druid tank will always win, what we have asked for is clarification from blizz, otherwise yes, it looks like a built in ninja system for druid tanks

Don't worry. Perhaps it could be written better, but Blizzard is pretty obviously referring to dodge and parry, which are the only "pure" tank stats.
11/23/2011 01:46 PMPosted by Sweaterlumpz
Pretty sure you meant "Dragon Soul" and not Demon Soul.
It was called the dragon soul at first before deathwing corrupted it then it became the demon soul.
90 Gnome Mage
Mages and Warlocks are really going to get the short end of the stick here given that healers (Priests) get the Bonus for all Non-Hit cloth gear. It should be a bonus for all Spirit gear. As it is right now in Cata there is 3 times as much Spirit gear (cloth) than Hit Gear, and now they get the bonus for non-spirit/non-Hit gear as well.
60 Night Elf Druid

DPS:
  • Mostly everything that doesn’t have a tank stat on it

• Spirit gear (for elemental shaman, shadow priest, and moonkin)

• Trinkets that trigger on damaging spells/melee hits

While I appreciate that the system can't tell the difference between an antler chicken and a rawr kitty, I don't see why a mage or warlock would receive a roll bonus to gear with agility.
90 Draenei Warrior
11/23/2011 06:14 PMPosted by Gnoblish
tank stat for druid is agility, so by there words, the druid tank will always win, what we have asked for is clarification from blizz, otherwise yes, it looks like a built in ninja system for druid tanks
Oh good grief. When they say tank stat, they mean dodge and parry. You will not be able to need+ on anything with dodge or parry because that's clearly tank loot. Do they really need to spell out absolutely everything because some people can't pick up on what's blatantly obvious?

Personally, I think they could do with tightening up the need (Not need+) limits on a few classes. Make it so plate classes cannot need on agi accessories and weapons, and leather/mail classes can't need on str accessories and weapons. It should help some of these issues.

EDIT: @Above: Mages and locks can't need on things with agi, so they don't get a bonus to their need roll because they can't need on it anyway.

The thing with the Need+ system is that it cannot differentiate between class and spec. I don't know why, but if it could, I'm sure Blizzard would make it so. Believe it or not, they're not trying to troll everyone. That's why there are some odd things, but the usual Need restrictions apply. I can't need on intellect cloth even though, if I were DPSing, I'd get a Need+ bonus because it's counted as DPS loot.
-----
Attack tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Edited by Waniou on 11/23/2011 6:51 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
aus
So if an item has 2 of the following; haste, mastery, or crit but no hit, Mages and locks are SoL.

Example:

So if an item has 2 of the following; haste, mastery, or crit but no hit, Mages and locks are SoL.

Example:

Ring of the Riven

So healers and casters have equal rolls on a ring that's second bis for all but holy priests? Oh noes.
1 Human Mage
11/23/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Jacara
Mages and Warlocks are really going to get the short end of the stick here given that healers (Priests) get the Bonus for all Non-Hit cloth gear. It should be a bonus for all Spirit gear. As it is right now in Cata there is 3 times as much Spirit gear (cloth) than Hit Gear, and now they get the bonus for non-spirit/non-Hit gear as well.

Mages and Warlocks also get the same bonus.

DPS:
  • Mostly everything that doesn’t have a tank stat on it

• Spirit gear (for elemental shaman, shadow priest, and moonkin)

• Trinkets that trigger on damaging spells/melee hits

While I appreciate that the system can't tell the difference between an antler chicken and a rawr kitty, I don't see why a mage or warlock would receive a roll bonus to gear with agility.

They don't.... what exactly are you reading?
Edited by Hí on 11/23/2011 6:54 PM PST
66 Gnome Warlock
Tank:

Agility Leather (for druids)

Hear that rogues? Better hope there aren't any feral druids in your runs or you won't ever get an upgrade.
66 Gnome Warlock
11/23/2011 06:48 PMPosted by Waniou
Oh good grief. When they say tank stat, they mean dodge and parry. You will not be able to need+ on anything with dodge or parry because that's clearly tank loot. Do they really need to spell out absolutely everything because some people can't pick up on what's blatantly obvious?

You missed his point. Agility leather is DPS gear. Agility leather will go to druids before it will go to rogues because of the +100 roll that they get automatically. There is no such thing as "tanking leather", and there hasn't been since TBC.
1 Human Mage
Tank:

Agility Leather (for druids)

Hear that rogues? Better hope there aren't any feral druids in your runs or you won't ever get an upgrade.

Another person missed the part about dps getting bonus on mostly everything without tank stats.

11/23/2011 06:57 PMPosted by Bomdanil

You missed his point. Agility leather is DPS gear. Agility leather will go to druids before it will go to rogues because of the +100 roll that they get automatically. There is no such thing as "tanking leather", and there hasn't been since TBC.

And you missed the part about dps getting a bonus on mostly everything without tank stats.
Edited by Hí on 11/23/2011 6:59 PM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
Good lord. I read it as both Feral tanks and rogues will have the same priority. Because agil leather has been seen as dps gear, that is most likely why they put it in the tank role so that feral tnaks dont get screwed over by cats and rogues!

sheesh, reading comprehension....
90 Human Paladin
aus
11/23/2011 05:55 PMPosted by Nospiritx
know these rules will be applied to the lfr tool but will this also apply to normal/heroic 10/25mans for the purpose of pug runs or just the lfr tool?

Just lfr, their is hope it will be improved and extended to heroics etc in 5.0
90 Tauren Druid

And this people is why the LFR system is going to fail... because people can't comprehend things ...

The way it's going to work is this.

Agil leather drops.

Feral tank rolls
Feral cat rolls
Rogue rolls..

They all get equal priority because the dps get +need on it. And so does the feral tank. Agility is not classed as a tanking stat otherwise you could argue that strength is a tanking stat. Tanking stats are dodge / block and parry.

No leather gear has those stats on it.. so it's considered equal.

The only issue comes when a moonkin rolls on the agil leather with +need bumping them up into the same priority... /shrug.
90 Human Paladin
aus

You have to be trolling at this poiint.

Their are not multiple 100's
A Rogue gets +100 on a need roll versus a resto druid. You agree?
"Mostly everything that doesn’t have a tank stat on it"

A tank druid gets +100 on a need roll versus a resto druid. You agree?
"Agility Leather (for druids)"

So how the heck do you then come to tank druids get +100 need roll over Rogues?
Say a resto druid, tank druid and rogue all roll, The rogue and tank druid both get +100 over the resto. Its not Tank+200, rogue+100, resto /roll
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/23/2011 07:07 PMPosted by Waraila
The only issue comes when a moonkin rolls on the agil leather with +need bumping them up into the same priority... /shrug.
This is exactly THE issue. How does this differ from how it works currently?
85 Draenei Mage

The problem is the back-end for the LFR is currently not designed to look at "hey I'm currently a Feral kitty." Currently it is only designed to say "hey I'm a dps." They said specifically during Blizzcon that they won't have a change available for this until 5.0. This to me means that they need to extensivilely work on the back end of the LFG/LFR system to look at a players spec. It does compound the fact that Druids currently have two specs in the same tree. But again this is being changed so that Kitty druids will be "Feral" and Bear druids will have a "Guardian" spec. By looking at the spec, the LFR system will say "OK, this person can ONLY roll Need+ on Agility items and leather items. But this person cannot roll +Need on leather intellect gear."
Edited by Delritha on 11/23/2011 7:24 PM PST
1 Human Mage

It's a little different it won't be perfect until they can do rolls based off spec and they said they can't do that until 5.0.

Right now it's better than nothing really it stops plate dps from getting plate tank gear over tanks, resto druids from getting cat/bear gear, holy pallies from getting tank/dps gear and resto shammies from getting enh gear.
Edited by Hí on 11/23/2011 7:28 PM PST
85 Orc Shaman
It baffles me how people think these are exclusive groups. Maybe it'd help if you read "tank stat" as "dodge or parry." Make sense?

No, believe you are confused, Agility is a TANK stat for druids,
so by blizz loot rules, the druid tank gets 100 bonus to these need rolls, not others, since blizz says this

Wait, what? Why?

It doesn't say that. The way I read it, any druid in a damage-dealing role (including kitty) gets +100 on all leather.

How is this wrong?

Then perhaps you need to read it again, if you are in tank role, you get 1oo bonus to agility leather and trinkets with agility, since those are DRUID tank stats, by what blizz has written, the druid tank will get the bonus 100 to roll and should always win those items

DPS:

Mostly everything that doesn’t have a tank stat on it

You still don't get it. DPS get the same bonus roll on dps gear. In this case, Agility Leather. So no, Druid tanks will not always win the rolls
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]