No more achievements like 250,000 HKs

20 Human Warlock
11/25/2011 04:45 PMPosted by Olichius
It definitely doesn't take you 7 years to do it. I started playing at the very end of BC and I do mean very end. I dinged 70 3 weeks before Wrath came out and only pvped starting in Wrath. And I got my 250k achievements back in April this year if you looked at the achievement date. So like 2 and a half years. That's no where near 7. Like I said. not impossible

Alright, I'll give it to you. For some reason last time I armoried you I thought I had seen something that made me say you were vanilla.

However, I would still point out that...you're obvious someone who is hardcore about achievements and such. Such is why you have over 14k now. I'm not trying to say "lololololololol no lifer". I'm just saying you're dedicated. Most of the population who are dedicated to doing achievements want to be dedicated but they don't want to put at least 2.5 years away of their life for it. Anyone who just works on it semi-hardcore is going to take much longer than those years though.

Different opinions are different I suppose.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
11/25/2011 06:50 PMPosted by Madbao
I support 250k HKs as account wide.

Yeah good idea, it'd make sense with achievements going account wide soon. I don't see how getting 250HKs on an account is easier then getting em all on one toon.

And it'd be less boring.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
How about 5,000,000,000 HKs?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
11/27/2011 05:19 AMPosted by Zackffx
How about 5,000,000,000 HKs?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/perenolde/Fartzwrgoben/simple

He'd probably start to work on it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I don't think there is anything wrong with a handful of achievments targeted at outliers. These usually end up in the PVP column because of the nature of unscripted dynamic encounters makes them a little harder to grind out or out-level.

I did the math and tried to figure out how many HKs I'd need per day to get to the mark by specific dates. Even though I really enjoy BGs and PVP in general my interest tapers off after a bit. That doesn't mean the achievment is poorly designed. It simply means it's targeted at a different kind of player than me.

The presence of high targets and goals for a segment of the playerbase interested in them and in that particular element of gameplay in no way negatively affects players not focused on that particular niche of the game.

I'll ultimately have it but I feel no need to sit and grind it out.

11/27/2011 04:46 AMPosted by Decimal
What the OP is saying is there needs be a hard cap on how high these achievements will go. He says that 100,000g looted and 250,000 honorable kills should be the hard caps for those respective areas of achievements. I agree. Even if the game goes on for another 10 years there should not be a 500,000 honorable kills or 200,000g looted. Could you imagine them doubling it every expansion?

I disagree. As time goes on certain threshholds become trivial. Ten years from now if the game is still around 100K looted and 250K HKs would probably be absolutely trivial to any player that's been around for the whole stretch and pretty trivial to any player who's been around for most of it. Why shouldn't they have fresh targets to aim for or goals to reach?

Should those achievments be doubled every expansion? Probably not. Should they go up by 30%-50% or so each expansion? I don't think that would be unreasonable.
Edited by Yukio on 11/27/2011 9:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
If its too much for you then stick to dragon slaying.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Lufitoom, The Bloodthirsty checking in.

First, I find it mildly offensive that anyone would assume that I had to cheat/bot/have others play my account for me. But let's be honest, you are having a little case of "sour grapes". Let me tell you a little about me.

I love playing WoW. Duh. I do not like raiding or heroics much, although I have done it in the past.. and only a little bit. My time is spent in battlegrounds, rated and unrated, and in WPvP. You are right, honorable kills =/= skill. I am a mediocre player. I've never been above 1958 in arena, and I only have the 2000 achievement in RBGs.

I love getting honorable kills, but the win is more important. I try to put my all into even regular bgs... I don't farm in mid, I don't afk. The honorable kills come because I do a lot of bgs, mostly WSG (not the highest honorable kill farming by far) because I enjoy it. I have been lucky enough to participate in many large scale WPvP events, and 45,000+ of my hks are from world kills.

My toon was made after Sunwell came out in BC... not vanilla. Sadly, I didn't start playing wow in vanilla. Sure wish I had! The stories of the epic AV battles leave me jealous. But yeah, I don't do alts. I fell in love with Moonkin, and that is all I play.

I was lucky enough to work at home for most of wotlk and in between calls from clients I was able to play. IoC was an hk fest at the beginning and I got 500+ hks per each during that time.

Now, with my career forcing me to work outside the home, I only average about 500 hks a night on the weekdays, and I tend to get 3000 on the weekends if I am just playing while hanging out at home. On weekends that I'm busy, I might get 1000 or less. Does it take up a lot of my time? Yes. Do I still have time for friends/family/loved ones/hobbies? Yes.

I am sure there are people to cheat to get the title. Just like people cheat to get honor, to get arena rating. There are losers like that in game and in real life, but please don't lump me into that group. I am proud of my title, my achievement, my dedication and time put into it.

I think there should be an achievement account wide for honorable kills, but no title. The title should be for the characters that achieve it. I also look forward to a new achievement/title for a larger amount... 400k, 450k, 500k... whatever. Give me a new goal!

Good luck to those of you going for it... and congrats to those who have achieved.

There are achievements that I will never get, because I have chosen this path and style of play. I am thrilled and happy for those who DO achieve them. I will never down another player because they choose to pve over pvp or to do every single quest (I hate questing.)

There is something in this game for everyone, and it is about having fun, right?

Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
i suggested blizzard implement 250k cheeve when i was around 350k i was glad to see they did.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
In this thread:

1. People who don't have the achievement whining about how it's not a good achievement (I am in this category).

2. People who have the achievement ridiculing the people in category 1.

3. People who don't have the achievement ridiculing the people in category 1.

Just like every other thread on these forums. Predictable and unoriginal at this point. Fishing Tournament, raiding achievements, world events, Feats of Strength, Scarab Lord, etc. etc. etc. The have-nots whining, the haves ridiculing, and the trolls...well, trolling. This makes me remember why I stopped posting on this board.

I don't think I ridiculed anyone, but if that was what was taken from what I said, I apologize.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
All achievements Should be shared across all your characters, As well as your gold / rep / Honorable kills. This is the easiest solution to all the problems around achievements. Stackable ones wont matter cause no matter what toon you are on you can still work towards achievement. The only people who do not want this are the scrubs that request you link your achievements to get in any sort of run or Rbg. This part of achievements is taking away from the game. People cannot get the achievement for a certain raid or such if they must link the completed achieve first.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
11/27/2011 09:14 PMPosted by Furîan
All achievements Should be shared across all your characters, As well as your gold / rep / Honorable kills. This is the easiest solution to all the problems around achievements. Stackable ones wont matter cause no matter what toon you are on you can still work towards achievement. The only people who do not want this are the scrubs that request you link your achievements to get in any sort of run or Rbg. This part of achievements is taking away from the game. People cannot get the achievement for a certain raid or such if they must link the completed achieve first.

I have never been asked to show my achievement for RBGs. Just usually my resil, gear check, and later in the season my current rating because that does affect the team's mmr. That seems appropriate to me.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I agree in one sense, and disagree in another.
If in MoP, the account-wide achievements include HKs, that will definitely soften the blow. I won't feel like I constantly need to play 1 toon. I know that levelling my DK alone from 55 to 85 by BGs, he got 7K kills (and then another 3K farming out the Honor for the current tier).

500K is definitely a hefty amount though.
Yes there is that list of people that have it - again, it's only a handful. Maybe 1000 tops. And that's including EU, TW and KR servers (look at the names).

I would beg Blizz to make all PvP achievements account-wide, but specifically the HKs ones in MoP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]