bear looking to raid

90 Night Elf Druid
hey all

title pretty much says it all. im looking for a new group to raid with as my current guild has stopped raiding for now, thanks swtor.

ive played kitty most of 4.2 so my tanking experience right now is really limited to all the heroics. i have decent gear, able to take advice about playstyle and gear, and know feral pretty well.

i cant raid fri/sat and wednesdays before 9 server
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I give this druid 2 thumbs up!

just watch him, he likes to leap into fire sometimes :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Just some notes if you are seriously looking for a raiding guild:

For your bear set:
1) you are gemmed all agility. Did you use to be a kitty?
2) you have healing glyphs. Did you use to be a tree?
3) i will admit i am shocked to see Crit of all things in your helm for your cogs. I can't tell your reforging atm as you are logged out in boomkin, but if you don't have to reforge out of something so bad to get into a better stat, why would you?
Incase you don't know your stat priority it is as follows:
Stam > Agility > Dodge > Mastery > Crit > Hit >= Expertise > Haste

For your boomkin set:
1) you are not enchanted
2) you are not gemmed
3) you are missing tinkers
4) you are missing your JC gems
5) you should move the two points out of furor. they are useless there. I would recommend putting a third point into Owlkin Frenzy and Perserverance each.
6) glyph of innervate is just wrong. you should just about NEVER be using this on someone else. perhaps this is why you are having mana issues.
Edited by Nobil on 11/30/2011 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Nobil, stamina is not better than agility. It has not been since WotLK. Agility crushes it in Cata.

Edit: Also, as a bear, expertise is exactly twice as good as hit up to the dodge cap, equally good up to the parry cap.
Edited by Grahoth on 11/30/2011 4:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For your bear set:
3) i will admit i am shocked to see Crit of all things in your helm for your cogs. I can't tell your reforging atm as you are logged out in boomkin, but if you don't have to reforge out of something so bad to get into a better stat, why would you?

1. everything i have read, pre 1 day ago, says to go with agi, it only really starts being a noticeable difference when u hit heroic raids, which im not doing. and, even ur own list suggests agi over dodge, or are u suggesting i gem stam instead of agi?
2. didnt notice those glyphs, thanks
3. i dont have crit in my helm, i have dodge and mastery, perhaps it hadnt updated yet, as i was mostly kitty.

and as per my boom:
1. set it up in 10 mins yesterday
2. set it up in 10 mins yesterday
3. set it up in 10 mins yesterday
4. set it up in 10 mins yesterday
5. set it up in 10 mins yesterday
6. set it up in 10 mins yesterday

ur welcome
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
For your bear set:

1. everything i have read, pre 1 day ago, says to go with agi, it only really starts being a noticeable difference when u hit heroic raids, which im not doing. and, even ur own list suggests agi over dodge, or are u suggesting i gem stam instead of agi?
2. didnt notice those glyphs, thanks
3. i dont have crit in my helm, i have dodge and mastery, perhaps it hadnt updated yet, as i was mostly kitty.

and as per my boom:
1. set it up in 10 mins yesterday
2. set it up in 10 mins yesterday
3. set it up in 10 mins yesterday
4. set it up in 10 mins yesterday
5. set it up in 10 mins yesterday
6. set it up in 10 mins yesterday

ur welcome

lol....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
oh, and just figured out, those heal glyphs, they reset themselves come 4.3, those werent my choices
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
No Tanks gem stam anymore. (If I recall correctly). None. if you see a tank gemming stam, and he's not matching a good socket bonus, he's probably bad. (Or doing a heroic boss while being undergeared which is a lot less likely)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Even on a blue socket with a +20 Agi bonus or more you would still take the purple Agi/Stam gem. Agi vs Stam hasnt been an issue since 4.0. Agility wins with the one possible exception of a scenario where a boss is capable of two shotting you before your healers can respond to the first hit.

On a related issue, RAWR switched a few weeks ago from suggesting I reforge to and pick up socket bonuses with Dodge to suggesting Mastery. Since I spend over half the fights in FL in kitty while letting our Pally solo tank most fights it made gear optimization simpler. With 4.3 dropping and changing the boss selection it has me going back to dodge.
Edited by Wachabe on 12/2/2011 12:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Even on a blue socket with a +20 Agi bonus or more you would still take the purple Agi/Stam gem. Agi vs Stam hasnt been an issue since 4.0. Agility wins with the one possible exception of a scenario where a boss is capable of two shotting you before your healers can respond to the first hit.

On a related issue, RAWR switched a few weeks ago from suggesting I reforge to and pick up socket bonuses with Dodge to suggesting Mastery. Since I spend over half the fights in FL in kitty while letting our Pally solo tank most fights it made gear optimization simpler. With 4.3 dropping and changing the boss selection it has me going back to dodge.

oh great druid, please share your wisdom

srsly, im new to tanking, any issues ur seeing with my gearing?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Your gear looks good for the most part. I might question the expertise enchant on your hands, but if you are having threat issues I could understand it. If it is a threat issue you might try to resolve it by finding a couple of points to go into KoJ or Stampede. Either could help you generate more snap threat.

In comparing specs and researching talents it brought to my attention some changes I probably should make. You will find that a lot of feral tanking decisions are subject to raid comp and content. The best thing to do is get familiar with RAWR and try to stay up on what Leafkiller, Reesi, and the druid forums on EJ have to say.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
the xp enchant on the hands is there because i was lazy and didnt want to change it, haha

i am finding i have a threat issue upon taunting, any suggeastions?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
A couple points in Stampede and KoJ should help with snap threat generation. For single target I would open with Enrage, Charge, FF, Mangle and into your regular rotation. Make sure to keep lacerate up to generate Berserk procs and use any extra rage on Maul.

For multi-target, I'd open with Enrage, Charge, Thrash, Swipe, Mangle, start tab targeting and putting Lacerate up on your targets. That will help hold threat on them and generate more berserk procs. Same as before, use maul on CD if you have enough rage. Continue to tab target, Thrash/Swipe/Maul, Mangle on CD.

If you only have 3 targets, nothing generates threat like berserk and mangle spam. You can also use this on more if you want to tab around.

Hope that helps.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
For single target, Mangle before FFF for threat. And honestly, even then the initial 5 seconds can be rough if your DPS is too stupid to wait a second. I sometimes get ranged shooting and such while I'm charging in. I mean honestly...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Vardar is probably right about Mangle first. And like he said, if your dps is stupid enough to open up before you get to the target, there isn't much you can do sometimes.

I noticed and forgot to mention that you might want to swap out the glyph of treant for challenging roar. You should also lose barkskin in favor of maul.

To monitor threat on multiple targets I would recommend Tidy Plates' Threat Plates. They provide visual cues to the amount of threat you have on targets and can let you know if one is about to be pulled off of you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]