Do they still exist?

42 Draenei Warrior
Hello my old main use to be on ER and i was wondering if there are still players here who have really old school stuff and are still active like scarab lord, high warlords, and old school ride mounts? Props to them for never xfering ;)
Reply Quote
I'm oldschool but never had any of the fancy stuff.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
If my memory serves me right, we only had 3 scarab titles. KotK-Kheldin, TH-Seven, and 1 more....

Kheldin transferred out pre-bc. Came back for 80s Naxx, and left again months after.
Seven quit the game.

We still have a few of High warlocks/Grand Marshalls running around from the old times. (Longarms doesn't count anymore, everyone basically know the story, sooo... lol)

For old school mounts... I got my Paladin mount before the scholo nerf. (When it was hard as hell in 10man and the quest required to 5man it) Does that count?

If so... Hi! I'm Kaizar.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Rogue
I have my old school Nightsaber.. the black tiger that had no Armor.

I'm known mostly as Shakina now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Like Sigmar, I am still here but I do not have any of that stuff.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
"If my memory serves me right, we only had 3 scarab titles. KotK-Kheldin, TH-Seven, and 1 more.... "

Did all these Scarab Lords get their titles from ER or were some transfers? (Yes more than one per server is doable, idiots) I ask because... wtf happened to ER if it was good enough to get three in the 24hr window that now we can't kill H-Rag/Sinestra? (I only count 25 cuz... lolz 10m)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Its not really a matter of being good or not, eventually every server was going to have scarab lords due to the fact that it was a server-wide effort and guilds did do BWL, or at least up to broodlord for some part of the gong quest. And yes they were from ER originally im pretty sure realm transfers werent available back then lol

and wisp nice achieve, its rare enough and even rarer to still be 60....now all you need is bloodfang and a thunderfury and you're set!
Edited by Wraiyth on 11/17/2011 5:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
ER back then was top tier'd in terms of Raid Progress... One reason is that it's was the most populated server.
So, having 5-6 40 man raids was common... also not being in a pvp server means, waiting outside of MC/BWL doesn't mean an all out brawl like other servers had.
Another reason, is that the younger crowd back then congregated in the pvp servers... We had more coordination back then.

Real Life happens, others just got bored of the server. (Right before BC opened, they opened a bunch of new realms and introduce server transfers.)
People also transferred off because lag was a way of life in ER. (ER server was in one of the original Blizzard server... so being also the most populated, it couldn't handle everyone.)

Now ER is plagued with far worse than most of the other servers. (Well... steamwiddle might still be bad. lol)

There's a lot more reason why but that's the tl:dr version. lol
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you for the actual info, I was expecting more of like "Caught doesn't like 10ms cuz he is bad lolz"

<3 ya Earthen Ring, even tho ya suck =/
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
<3 ya Earthen Ring, even tho ya suck =/

Don't exclude yourself as if you're not part of ER.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I began my days on ER also, I still have my original epic Arctic wolf mount that has no armor on it from my very first toon, an Orc warrior 'Montar'. Back in the days of 'Lucid Dream' and 'Horde of Shadows'.

Only in the last week or so did I come back to check ER out and see who was still about, very surprised and happy to see 11th still running and going strong, props to them.

Someone mentioned 'Seven', I remember that day well when the Gong was ninja'd from Kheldin, so much laaaaaaaag which made it hard for guilds to rush and tag the mobs!

The good ol days, I do miss them.

R.I.P Felena
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
If my memory serves me right, we only had 3 scarab titles. KotK-Kheldin, TH-Seven, and 1 more....

Kheldin transferred out pre-bc. Came back for 80s Naxx, and left again months after.
Seven quit the game.

I saw Seven online less than two weeks ago when someone got Dragonwrath. Longarms, our perennial Grand Marshal is still around as well. I see him on Tol Barad fairly frequently.

And I've been here about as long as both.
Edited by Drahliana on 11/18/2011 10:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
11/18/2011 10:20 AMPosted by Drahliana
Longarms, our perennial Grand Marshal is still around as well. I see him on Tol Barad fairly frequently.

That's not the same Longarms as before.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
11/18/2011 10:30 AMPosted by Kaizar
Longarms, our perennial Grand Marshal is still around as well. I see him on Tol Barad fairly frequently.

That's not the same Longarms as before.

You sure about that? He's just as bad, and it's a special kind of bad.

Our third Scarab Lord was this guy, aka Snorand:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Ryndwind/simple
Reply Quote
1 Troll Mage
Surely I must qualify as old school at this point.
Reply Quote
86 Human Mage
Snorand aka Ryndwind aka The Furry
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
11/19/2011 10:57 AMPosted by Spencicle
Snorand aka Ryndwind aka The Furry

Yeah, that too.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Alas, none of us can ever measure up to the mighty Lykis. (lulz)

My human pally has been here since day one but I haven't logged onto him in years. I play this guy or my druid or my mages these days. Still love ER. Best server ever.
Reply Quote
Alas, none of us can ever measure up to the mighty Lykis. (lulz)

My human pally has been here since day one but I haven't logged onto him in years. I play this guy or my druid or my mages these days. Still love ER. Best server ever.

Lykis hated me.. i would sometimes get Alliance switching to Hordeside alts whispering me how in TM/SS battles Lykis would be screaming Kill that B^tch!

Of course it didn't help that Darkhex and I used to take turns killing him in Ratchet and X-roads as creatively as we could, like luring him into the bay in Ratchet after us then polymorhping him at the bottom so that he would drown.

Sad part is he would fall for it over and over again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Well i wasnt very much Grand Marshal or any of that Fancy stuff but i am a Corporal.(Was a twink warrior back then) But i earned my corporal title :D If anyone remembers Warriors were underpowered without healers....I always ran solo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]