4.3 Battleground Conquest Rewards

Community Manager
In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest. There is no limit to how many BGs you can run this way, up to the normal conquest cap.

Our intent is to start acting even more on our Mists of Pandaria philosophies of encouraging players to approach the content they want to, how they want to, and be able to work toward meaningful player progression. Arenas and rated battlegrounds will still earn Conquest faster, but with this change you can now work your way up by running normal BGs, if you so choose.

We're also making changes to VP, recently announced, found here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595371172
Edited by Bashiok on 11/17/2011 10:32 AM PST
85 Human Paladin
YAY!!!!!!!! <3333 I have like 6 characters to gear this is awesome!!
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Hmm... interesting. Wonder what will happen with this change.
I like this change. The main reason I did Arena -- since I don't particularly care for the "Deathmatch" style of PvP as well as the requirement of coordinating schedules with my arenamates -- was to stay a bit more competitive when doing battlegrounds. Now, I'll probably have a reason to run more battlegrounds each week instead, which I'll enjoy a lot more.
85 Draenei Hunter
nice pvp gear shouldnt be hard to earn anyway pvp is about skill not about gear =P
85 Night Elf Hunter
I approve of this change.
85 Human Death Knight
So BG's now give conquest, when can we get honor from arena?
85 Undead Mage
Why not just merge all points and maybe instate some sort of season/tier based unlocking system like is already in place with PvP gear? That's pretty clearly the direction we're heading.
100 Night Elf Druid
Good change.
90 Dwarf Warrior
In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest. There is no limit to how many BGs you can run this way, up to the normal conquest cap.

Our intent is to start acting even more on our Mists of Pandaria philosophies of encouraging players to approach the content they want to, how they want to, and be able to work toward meaningful player progression. Arenas and rated battlegrounds will still earn Conquest faster, but with this change you can now work your way up by running normal BGs, if you so choose.

I love you.
85 Human Death Knight
This is great new for the whole game. Why you didn't do this way back in wrath is beyond me.

Why did you lock people out of gear? I don't know but glad to see your philosophy is growing.
85 Orc Warrior
Love the change, sometimes can get very frustrating trying to do matches on more then one toon in a week.
100 Gnome Mage
Thank goodness! I have a reason to run BGs again, besides just for fun. :)
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Great change. Only question is, what good are honor points now? Just to buy mats?
85 Tauren Druid
This will definitely break down the incentives to do Rated BG's, and is contrary to the other announcement about VP.

I get 400 points for a rated BG win, and, by design of the MMR system, my intended win rate is 50/50. Matches tend to run nearly the full duration. I will say an average of 30 minutes. So that's an average of 200 pts per 30 minutes or 400 pts per hour.

On the other hand, if I take five of us and queue for a random, I can almost guarantee a win. But let's say I would win 3 out of 4. These games tend to be quick - maybe 10 minutes each on average. That's 50 points x 6 = 300 @ 75% = 225 pts per hour.

Yes, Rated BG's are more efficient, but not a ton in relationship to how much time I need to cap. Where is the payout for all the additional skill and logistical work required?
85 Human Warlock
Bashiok, this is a welcome change. Thank you.

Do you know if these points will count towards your total Conquest Point cap like CP earned in Rated Battlegrounds, or will they have a lower cap like those earned in Arenas? Just curious about the details.
85 Human Priest
I'm really happy about this change. Maybe alliance will win more often with more skilled players doing random bgs. I still love arena but doing the random bgs on alts is frustrating when other players cant grasp the concept of working as a team
Edited by Coldspot on 11/17/2011 9:40 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]