4.3 Battleground Conquest Rewards

85 Human Warlock
Oh great now you don't even have to work at all to get the good gear. Any goober can just get with a good group and get their conquest points, instead of actually working for them by doing arenas and rated BGs. I see blizzard want to encourage more pvp leading up to mists, but i hardly think this is the way by just throwing gear at people who might not have earned it.
11 Worgen Warrior
I'm better than you so I deserve better gear than you so I can roflstomp you faster. Ya right.

They need to have vanity rewards (recolors, mounts, titles) for the people that excel, otherwise this is a step in the right direction, botting issues aside.
85 Troll Mage
Not sure how this is good for botters. They don't play for gear do they? I thought they were grinding honor for AH goods.

Edit: oh, and with them having even worse gear in comparison to the average pvper, they will be spending more time dead and earning less honor kills.
Edited by Racthoh on 11/17/2011 3:49 PM PST
90 Goblin Mage
11/17/2011 03:28 PMPosted by Volun
Sure, just give us better RBG gear then like hard mode pve gear, oh what your analogy sucked?

you have t2 weapons if you want some sort of heroic comparison, oh so sad you couldn't keep up and derailed from the topic.. and i didn't brought the pve analogy, i didn't even mentioned pve in the begining ,and you were the one defending it, pretty lame you complain about it now.. Just keep crying, this is going to happen.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/17/2011 03:42 PMPosted by Amir
Oh great now you don't even have to work at all to get the good gear. Any goober can just get with a good group and get their conquest points, instead of actually working for them by doing arenas and rated BGs. I see blizzard want to encourage more pvp leading up to mists, but i hardly think this is the way by just throwing gear at people who might not have earned it.

Perspective 1: Why do you care what gear other people have? PvP should be about skill, not gear. I consider myself a good player, and I want my opponents to lose to me because I was better, not because I "earned" better gear and had an advantage. I could understand raiders griping if people doing random LFD heroics got equal gear to 25 man hard mode raids, but in PvP, equality should be encouraged. Win by being the better player. Besides, BGs are the purest form of PvP (aside from world.)

Perspective 2: If you consider doing arena "work" or "earning" any more than doing BGs, then you have issues. Being forced to group with someone and do an aspect of the game you do not enjoy just to get gear for the part you do enjoy is ridiculous. Leveling is enough of a grind for that. As for RBGs, on most low population servers it is nearly impossible to get a group for them, outside of a couple guilds. Just because someone enjoys queuing alone does not make them bad.

Regardless of which way you look at it, your logic (not just you, all the people complaining and using "work" as the excuse) is terrible. It hurts nobody if everyone has equal access to gear in PvP, and is only good for the competitive nature of it.

As for bots, big deal. They already exist, and even if they use it to get the gear (instead of mats, which is more likely) it makes no difference. If you are better than them, you will beat them when they actually are playing.
47 Human Warrior
I don't know if this suggestion has already been mentioned. Sorry, I did not read the whole thread.

Blizzard, please set up your random BG matching algorithm to group people who queue in premade groups with other people who do so. Or at the very least, try to ensure an equal number of premades in a random BG.

I always queue solo and enjoy the random chaos of random BGs. I think it would be extremely frustrating to play against premades as a solo player.
90 Gnome Mage
11/17/2011 03:42 PMPosted by Amir

On the flip side:
Oh great, now everyone has the same gear which means that when I beat someone, be it arena bgs or rbgs, I know it was because I was more skilled than them rather than just better geared.
85 Goblin Death Knight
11/17/2011 09:12 AMPosted by Cutaia
I like this change. The main reason I did Arena -- since I don't particularly care for the "Deathmatch" style of PvP as well as the requirement of coordinating schedules with my arenamates -- was to stay a bit more competitive when doing battlegrounds. Now, I'll probably have a reason to run more battlegrounds each week instead, which I'll enjoy a lot more.

What he said. I heartily approve of this change. Big thanks to you, Blizz!

Blizzard, please set up your random BG matching algorithm to group people who queue in premade groups with other people who do so. Or at the very least, try to ensure an equal number of premades in a random BG.

I always queue solo and enjoy the random chaos of random BGs. I think it would be extremely frustrating to play against premades as a solo player.

Also, please this. I'm incredibly tired of getting put up against a premade along with a bunch of people I don't know, and getting GY camped. It's frustrating and makes half of my team /ragequit immediately.

I know people argue that they think it's fun signing up with their buddies to farm HK or whatever, but it isn't at all fun for the other team. Coordination is important in PvP, and when one team has it and the other doesn't, it just flat out sucks.
Edited by Wafers on 11/17/2011 4:17 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thank you, I am liking this new Mists of Pandaria philosophy already.
85 Troll Mage
On the flip side:
Oh great, now everyone has the same gear which means that when I beat someone, be it arena bgs or rbgs, I know it was because I was more MAGE than them rather than just better geared.

Fixed that for you.
85 Worgen Death Knight
so your saying that you can que for the DS raid finder and get in with pvp gear plz fix this
85 Worgen Druid
Not sure how this is good for botters. They don't play for gear do they? I thought they were grinding honor for AH goods.

Edit: oh, and with them having even worse gear in comparison to the average pvper, they will be spending more time dead and earning less honor kills.

Ok I well paint you vivid picture. If PVE had the ability to grind out endless amounts of valor points with BOTS - aka programs that don't have a human playing them - Do you think the PVE community would be in uproar? Our earned gear is losing its luster because botters are going to be able to bot all day every day to get the SAME gear we legitimately earn. Granted, we may get it faster then those who bot but its still gives these bots an equivalent method to get the gear we earn through arena or rbgs. Beyond a new title or a bit of luster with different colors, I have a hunch the stats well be barely marginal.

I well agree blizzard has a mountainous task; to appease both pve and pvp communities. I hope and pray there is some limitation to how much conquest can be earned via random bg's per week.
85 Human Priest
Great to see Blizzard running WoW like a business that actually wants to keep paying customers happy. The whole Cata expansion seemed to have a "you'll eat your vegetables and like it" theme and lost customers are what resulted. A game is supposed to be FUN, and this is a great change in that direction. Keep it coming.
90 Goblin Priest
I fully disagree.

We've been in Firelands for months and still do not have all of our tokens. MONTHS of week to week clears.

This is not fun for us. So then you said "hey, we're putting more gear for valor to make up for our terrible RNG system" (my paraphrase) and now you want to deemphasize valor points.

It's not as if we don't play more than enough already, now we'll be forced to play more, regardless of what you think we should do. Now it'll take longer to get your replacement gear, and longer to get tier tokens. Nobody really wantds LFR gear, it is a half-tier lower, and raiding with people who are not our friends.

Thanks.
85 Gnome Warrior
So, I just feel this needs to be said.

The gap between honor points and conquest points is slowly being closed....

One has to ask, what's the point of having 2 point systems?
85 Worgen Druid
So, I just feel this needs to be said.

The gap between honor points and conquest points is slowly being closed....

One has to ask, what's the point of having 2 point systems?

WOW - someone has seen the dim light. I well agree access to more gear is an OK method, but dumping it down to random bg's is beyond deplorable.
85 Night Elf Hunter
DELETED
Edited by Cheimi on 11/28/2011 3:53 PM PST
90 Goblin Priest
Bash,

Why did you wait until after people signed up for a year to make these last minute VP changes?

I guarantee you that killing the same bosses over and over and over only to shard loot is not fun. Just. Not. Fun. So if you want us to kill bosses for loot, make the bosses drop loot we can use. Then we'll never need Valor at all.
85 Goblin Death Knight
I fully disagree.

We've been in Firelands for months and still do not have all of our tokens. MONTHS of week to week clears.

This is not fun for us. So then you said "hey, we're putting more gear for valor to make up for our terrible RNG system" (my paraphrase) and now you want to deemphasize valor points.

It's not as if we don't play more than enough already, now we'll be forced to play more, regardless of what you think we should do. Now it'll take longer to get your replacement gear, and longer to get tier tokens. Nobody really wantds LFR gear, it is a half-tier lower, and raiding with people who are not our friends.

Thanks.

I think you're in the wrong thread.

Bash,

Why did you wait until after people signed up for a year to make these last minute VP changes?

I guarantee you that killing the same bosses over and over and over only to shard loot is not fun. Just. Not. Fun. So if you want us to kill bosses for loot, make the bosses drop loot we can use. Then we'll never need Valor at all.

Yeah you're definitely in the wrong thread. This is the Conquest points thread.
Edited by Wafers on 11/17/2011 4:44 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]