4.3 Battleground Conquest Rewards

85 Night Elf Druid

Cons of this change:
~Even less people playing arena.
~There is already no reason to try to achieve high ratings for some 90% of the wow community now that number will unfortunately increase.
~Bad players will stay bad.
~Players that were once capable of achieving X high rating will most likely be much lower next season because of the lower skill based players that were removed from arena via this change that will not be there anymore for them to beat and get to where they were, in other words, those people may very well become the new Noobs of arena.
~No point in doing arena anymore.

Pros of this change:
~I suppose people with alts can cap them? (once again giving people no reason to ever want to become better at their toons and take initiative in becoming a skilled player) Even though it was never hard and will never be hard to cap a toon especially at default ratings, which is what 90% of you kids are at.
~Thats it?

In your entire post you made not a single valid point about this change. Your argument was pretty much "This sucks because the people that do 2's and 3's can't feel elitist anymore because everyone under 2200 will have the same gear"

What a lot of people fail to realize and understand is that, the people that do the arena mainly do it for the sport, or the rating, and the possibility of becoming gladiator.

You say that people will have less motivation to get better because they have an extra option to get conquest points? That's really idiotic thinking there. Most people that actually take the time to farm out gear, will want to improve. Just putting a generalized statement out there and expecting it to become true wont fly.

Also, this will not affect the arena population in a negative way, if anything it greatly increase the people that do it. So, if you're one of those people that enjoy face rolling people(I'm going to assume you do, because you're retlol) then this will bring you more enjoyment.
85 Gnome Mage
11/18/2011 12:51 PMPosted by Yrthrdwrflok
just PTR for insta 85 w/ gear

How would they have instant gear? How would they gear up faster than farming a quick low rated arena CP cap? You still have a CP cap and it will still only go up with RBG or arena ratings. If you can follow with just a little reasoning here you'll see that people will gear up just the same.
7 Human Warlock

3.) Leaders.
4.) People who are happy in real life and enjoy seeing others find happiness in their activities.

so people who enjoy seeing others find happiness are obviously happy about the unhappiness this brings to the first group.
also, 'leaders' implies noncasual (as leaders normally evince dedication), thus... this isn't a 'change', as 'leaders' will be rbging @ 2200 for t2 etc, and not bging.
7 Human Warlock
11/18/2011 12:54 PMPosted by Feta
just PTR for insta 85 w/ gear

How would they have instant gear? How would they gear up faster than farming a quick low rated arena CP cap? You still have a CP cap and it will still only go up with RBG or arena ratings. If you can follow with just a little reasoning here you'll see that people will gear up just the same.

reasoning: RBGs really not = arena as far as point cap. can point cap 2k w/ RBG at 1800...which you can hit in a few hours w/ an ok team, or even a bad team at 1500 goes to 1800 points, and up to that point it's almost 180 pts a win 5 pts a loss. from then on bot through bgs...
85 Night Elf Druid

3.) Leaders.
4.) People who are happy in real life and enjoy seeing others find happiness in their activities.

so people who enjoy seeing others find happiness are obviously happy about the unhappiness this brings to the first group.
also, 'leaders' implies noncasual (as leaders normally evince dedication), thus... this isn't a 'change', as 'leaders' will be rbging @ 2200 for t2 etc, and not bging.

English, do you speak it?

Please leave.
7 Human Warlock

Please leave.

as noted by expanding the connotations of the words you're using...
note: you said a group of people will be unhappy with this change. then you said people who enjoy seeing other people happy will enjoy this change.
english, do you read it?
would ask to leave, but...(reiterate last sentence)
85 Gnome Mage
11/18/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Yrthrdwrflok

reasoning: RBGs really not = arena as far as point cap. can point cap 2k w/ RBG at 1800...which you can hit in a few hours w/ an ok team, or even a bad team at 1500 goes to 1800 points, and up to that point it's almost 180 pts a win 5 pts a loss. from then on bot through bgs...

Bot's are an entirely different issue. if you're afraid people will bot for gear and that's your complaint I don't think you'll find an argument from any one here. Otherwise, OH MY GOD PEOPLE CAN FARM THEIR EARNED CP CAP WITH OUT DOING ARENAS OR RBGS!?!?!? You do realize if you do that and don't do arenas or rbgs your cap will be restored to the minimum the following week right?
7 Human Warlock
Because drunk-farming conquest points in welfare 2s with other scrubs requires way more skill than AFKing in a battleground.

Seriously, exactly what type of quality are the few people who object to this change trying to protect?

At low skill levels gear makes a difference. At high skill levels, everyone has the same gear.

Granting current-tier gear access to people who plop down a 6-pack while trolling trade for a Monday night 2s partner ... and keeping it away from people running around a BG in circles is ... better in what way?

i would say welfare 2s are >>> afking, because your hidden mmr will go to !@#$ pretty quick...
7 Human Warlock
[quote="35952392159"][quote]
You do realize if you do that and don't do arenas or rbgs your cap will be restored to the minimum the following week right?

it tapers off pretty slowly
7 Human Warlock
[quote]
so people who enjoy seeing others find happiness are obviously happy about the unhappiness this brings to the first group. (SARCASM)

Please leave.

I edited it for you...perhaps this will help. also feel like this thread needs more contributions then 1 person trolling entire thing...so peace
edit: 1-few more
Edited by Yrthrdwrflok on 11/18/2011 1:11 PM PST
85 Gnome Mage
Because drunk-farming conquest points in welfare 2s with other scrubs requires way more skill than AFKing in a battleground.

Seriously, exactly what type of quality are the few people who object to this change trying to protect?

At low skill levels gear makes a difference. At high skill levels, everyone has the same gear.

Granting current-tier gear access to people who plop down a 6-pack while trolling trade for a Monday night 2s partner ... and keeping it away from people running around a BG in circles is ... better in what way?

i would say welfare 2s are >>> afking, because your hidden mmr will go to !@#$ pretty quick...

WAIT YOU SOLD ME! Bliz please don't make this change, people can clearly never get past 1500+ rating if they have to compete against equally geared players! Removing this crutch would be devastating and would require people to actually try to have any sort of bragging rights! /endsarcasm
Edited by Feta on 11/18/2011 1:11 PM PST
85 Gnome Mage
[quote]
[quote]
You do realize if you do that and don't do arenas or rbgs your cap will be restored to the minimum the following week right?

it tapers off pretty slowly

LOOOL
7 Human Warlock
no, but hitting 2200 is a lot harder when your hidden arena rating is complete !@#$, as the games played will rise from 100 to around 400 if winning... if going against other teams who've also %^-*ed their mmr...
7 Human Warlock
yea, I still have a 1700 arena cap on a (edit -) semi (end edit) -alt I haven't played in a month...
Edited by Yrthrdwrflok on 11/18/2011 1:15 PM PST
85 Gnome Mage
yea, I still have a 1700 arena cap on an alt I haven't played in a month...

Please, keep going. Tell us more.
7 Human Warlock
is RBG cap, to shame, /teamquit 3s @ 1850 w/ higher cap a while ago...
I think it's good for us all. SKILL > GEAR anyways.
85 Gnome Mage
Not a fan. If anything, small honor or gold compensation from arenas and battlegrounds is necessary. I'm forced to PvE to get enough gold to even repair my armor. Granted, it's just dailies and farming, but it's still fighting against pre-scripted crap.

I think that if a player enjoys the battleground style of play, they should RBG for CQP, not have them handed out for beating a bunch of kids in quest greens. If you don't want to RBG, then arena. If you don't want to do either, don't complain that you don't have gear. It's your own fault.

I completely agree about the gold compensation. At least the daily bg, when it was a quest, used to help some.

I don't necessarily agree with you with the CP from bgs. I think if it's rated it should be on an equal playing field, but I understand where you're coming from. It's a good point.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]