4.3 Battleground Conquest Rewards

85 Troll Mage
The ISSUE: BG'S HAVE ALWAYS BEEN BOTTABLE.... sorry to say, its a fact. The change is now providing access to gear "PVPers" work to get. Yet a simple bot can now grind out endless AV's akf's or running into walls to get. Its simply a bad idea.

Once more, I position the same situation to you PVEers, what feathers would be torched if bots could endlessly grind out valor or your "precious" purple gear?

Oh no, bots will be fully geared now! I'm going to run in the opposite direction every time I see one! Why do you care about the gear bots have? Are you frequently killed by bots in 371 vicious? These bots are farming honor for AH goods so actually replacing the honor reward with conquest is hindering them.

Also, as I've said before in response to your question at pve players:

Simply put, NOT ONE PVE NERD has answered my question regarding bots earning the same gear they "Spend Time" earning.

So, let me ask the PVE'rs, how would you feel if I get 50 valor points on every wipe? Can we extend this same idea to pvp'rs who wish to pve?

11/17/2011 06:09 PMPosted by Racthoh
Let me answer your question then. Players focused on PVE don't care about anybody not in their raids. When you're in their raid however, they want your gear to be appropriate for the content you're trying to do with them. So no, I don't think anybody would care if suddenly you were able to buy everything off the Valor Vendors.
86 Draenei Shaman
I think this is an awesome change! While those of us who don't arena or rbg will still take a lot longer to gear up than those that do it still gives us something to shoot for over time. The elite PVP'ers will be going for the higher tier PVP gear that is based on RBG or Arena ratings, so both types of players are happy. It's a win win situation for everyone, just like adding a 3rd LFR tier of PVE gear will make the casuals happy while the hardcore raiders can still gear up in heroic gear.

Great job Blizzard!
85 Night Elf Hunter
Death to Arenas!
85 Blood Elf Hunter
So, we're going to give arena gear to everyone, but only raiders can have raid gear. This makes absolutely no sense to me. More PvE favoritism, forcing players to raid if they want raid gear, but the people who want arena gear wont have the arena at all.

Don't get me wrong, i'm kinda glad for this change because it might get people to work harder in BG's because of more rewards.
But if you're going to reward bad players with PvP gear, why cant you do the same with PvE?
I'd like to be able to gear my hunter without stepping foot in a raid.
7 Human Warlock

not retarded enough to see your point..."People who are not happy about this change are:

1.) Struggling losing lots of arena matches every week with a low cap and are frustrated and want to take that out on someone else.
2. etc..."
also "People who are happy about this change are:
1.)...
4.) People who are happy in real life and enjoy seeing others find happiness in their activities."
last post replied to original
Edit- again: group 1 under "not happy", group 4 under "happy", going to reiterate "english, do you read it?"

0/10 troll effort.

since that quote was almost entirely of quotes of you, agreed.
7 Human Warlock
So, we're going to give arena gear to everyone, but only raiders can have raid gear. This makes absolutely no sense to me. More PvE favoritism, forcing players to raid if they want raid gear, but the people who want arena gear wont have the arena at all.

Don't get me wrong, i'm kinda glad for this change because it might get people to work harder in BG's because of more rewards.
But if you're going to reward bad players with PvP gear, why cant you do the same with PvE?

honestly, i said this. we should just get heroic FL/dragonsoul tier gear off normal dungeon mobs. idk if I could PUG all the way to a boss.
1 Dwarf Warrior
brb afk'ing bgs for the best gear
85 Night Elf Hunter
If they were to place a low cap on this (750 to 1000 points per week), that would address my concern. Or they could change the rate (25 points instead of 50?). A lower cap is probably the better solution given their overall philosophy.

However, capping the different routes at significantly different levels would not actually jive with Blizzard's stated intent
to start acting even more on our Mists of Pandaria philosophies of encouraging players to approach the content they want to, how they want to, and be able to work toward meaningful player progression.

If BG Conquest Points are only half of the max cap for CPs from Arenas or RBGs then that is hardly allowing people to approach achieving gearing up on an equal footing through different routes.

im rele mad cuz I had 2 8 games 2 do a week that took 8 + hours on my main dont evan gat me started on alts. now people can q 2 bg and gat full conquest? dats not very fare 2 me. Alslo prob highest rank arnea plyers can now just bg 2 quit 4 gladiator just cap bgs. prob all quit 2 gladiator cuz radom battalground is much easier 4 dat cap 100% gonna quit same time on 4.3 launch.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
More good news from Blizzard! Thank you!!!

:)
85 Tauren Shaman
11/18/2011 04:21 PMPosted by Argoeff
brb afk'ing bgs for the best gear
Nice, just curious, what will you do with that gear? pvp? Doesnt seem you like pvp since you prefer to be afk.
85 Night Elf Hunter

You can trade conquest points for the PVE equivalent at a 1:1 ratio and vice versa. Hopefully this remains in 4.3. So the gear you get is up to you.
85 Human Rogue
So does this defeat the purpose of doing Arenas and RBGs other than for fun? (Or Achieves)
This sucks! Now how am I supposed to feel good about myself if I loose an RBG? I cant go kill a bunch of undergeared noobs in a bg? Gay!
90 Worgen Hunter
11/18/2011 04:11 PMPosted by Artemissz

This can be done now in the current format....Most PVE'ers have all their required PVE gear in the first couple of weeks. Then they eitehr move it to conquest and get their PVP gear or buy BOE ilvl stuff for an alt. This change just makes BG's more appealing to people who may not love to PVP or do arenas. The current syste,s gives way BETTER gear that is only attainable thru a arena or RBG rating. This seems to not change. SO the hard core PVP'ers will still be able to get their uber pvp gear that allows them to basically own any non arena PVE'er...So dont worry, your eliteness will remain intact...lol
85 Tauren Paladin
Lovely, will be much easier to gear all of my alts now :)
90 Troll Druid
I'm Dewdaddy, and I approve this message.
86 Draenei Shaman
11/18/2011 04:38 PMPosted by Zorow
So does this defeat the purpose of doing Arenas and RBGs other than for fun? (Or Achieves)

Not really. To get the higher teir (or "heroic") version of PVP gear, you STILL need a 2200 rating in Arenas or RBG's. Casual PVP'ers will never be able to touch this gear no matter how many Conquest points they acquire. I presume this is so the hardcore PVP'ers have access to a higher set of gear that the casual players cannot get, just like most casual raiders will not get heroic PVE gear.

Blizz is simply attempting to make it so whether you are casual or hardcore you can still get gear. This is pretty smart considering the majority of subs in WoW are casual players who don't have the time to put in to hardcore PVP or Raiding.
85 Gnome Priest
11/17/2011 09:13 AMPosted by Griff
So BG's now give conquest, when can we get honor from arena?
1 Human Priest

English, do you speak it?

Please leave.

as noted by expanding the connotations of the words you're using...
note: you said a group of people will be unhappy with this change. then you said people who enjoy seeing other people happy will enjoy this change.
english, do you read it?
would ask to leave, but...(reiterate last sentence)

Yeah Diablo 3 is going be really great. I'm really excited about this. I think it's going to be a fantasic game. I'm totally going to make a Sorceress, for timewarp. That spell looks really amazing.

11/18/2011 04:29 PMPosted by Wonnedurbutt
im rele mad cuz I had 2 8 games 2 do a week that took 8 + hours on my main dont evan gat me started on alts. now people can q 2 bg and gat full conquest? dats not very fare 2 me. Alslo prob highest rank arnea plyers can now just bg 2 quit 4 gladiator just cap bgs. prob all quit 2 gladiator cuz radom battalground is much easier 4 dat cap 100% gonna quit same time on 4.3 launch.

OMG I didn't even think of this, I totally agree. How unfair is that to get fully geared in on random bg. I'm totally going leave 4.3, but for now I will work really hard on my 8 wins.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]