4.3 Battleground Conquest Rewards

90 Goblin Rogue
I'm one of the more hard core guys out there and I have to say that this is one of the best announcements that I have seen Blizz make in years. Good work on finally realizing that people want to play the way they want to play.

I max conquest early every season via RBG or arena anyways, but this is great for the average Joe. Hard core players (or devs) should not be dictating how others should spend their time.

Truely, good job and well played Blizz.
90 Human Warlock
Now that VP and CP can be gained just by doing random solo queue bgs and dungeon finder heroics, I'm not sure what the point of Honor and Justice Points even existing are anymore, just make everything one currency if you are going to reward the 'top' currency for doing everything.

I'm not saying i'm neccisarily against this, but its bluring the lines between the two tier currency system so much that if this is the way things are going to continue to go I think it might be best just to merge them into one.
Edited by Thanatosia on 11/18/2011 6:50 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
i like.i like it lots....scadooshh
85 Human Death Knight
Nice change specially for alts its pretty boring capping multiple chars
85 Troll Hunter
Honor will still come in bigger amounts per game.. so gear 2-3 honor items and one conquest item.. until honor, as it is now really if you arena or Rated BG, becomes a tool for converting to JP or heirloom or mounts, etc.. Also, pretty sure yo uhave to WIN to get the C points.. honor comes win or lose.
100 Undead Warlock
Good idea form the stand point of people with lots of alts and not enough friends to cap conquest with, but also bad because it will no longer be an acquirement to have full conquest, all the little nub players who think searing pain is the right filter for afflic (i have seen a few) will be walking around in gear they would never have been able to get before. Conquest gear used to represent a certain tier of skill that this is going to take out.
80 Troll Mage
11/18/2011 08:44 PMPosted by Saricc
Now bots can have the best gear. Awesome...

you say that as if your so bad at this game you cant kill a bot
This sounds really awesome.Not really to big of a change because the people who play arena currently will just move on to 3s and earn the season elite set.At the end of the day your gear will still reflect your skill.
While on the subject of PvP gear.Why not add a pvp legendary in the game?Make it so we need to accomplish the most impossible of pvp task such as earning 100k honor in a season earning 50k conquest in a season.Making us get 3000 rating RBG capped.Make it darn near impossible to obtain.This alone would really show skill difference in PvP.
100 Undead Priest
100 points for the daily is fine, but 50 for each win is way over the top. It rewards time spent, not skill, not to mention this change greatly devalues the effort RBGs and even arenas take.

I would welcome this change if there were a separate cap for regular BGs - say 850 a week. RBGs have a higher cap than arenas due to the added effort required and the same method should apply here.

BGs: 850 cap
Arenas: 1350 cap
RBGs: 1650 cap

But if it will be possible to hit a 1650 cap just by grinding bgs all week, this change will do more harm than good. It will be harder to get RBGs going and many people will feel compelled to grind at least 26 regular BG wins a week to stay on the competitive edge of gear.
This is a really good point.

I don't think that's the point in the change. People who RBG get titles, possible tier 2 weapons if they reach 2200 rating, higher caps, and greater challenges than the average RBG. At the very first page of this post, Blizzard lets us know that their new philosophy for Mists of Pandaria is to allow people to approach content the way they want to. That means if they want to RBG for those greater bonuses, they can. They can do arenas. If they only want to do random BGs, they have that available to them, too. I personally enjoy Arena and random BGs. I'll do the occasional RBG, but I wouldn't restrict a point cap just to try to force people into RBGs because I like them. That can't feel good for someone who doesn't enjoy them to begin with.

Many do RBGs for the conquest too. At any rate, I understand the point of the change and I applaud it; I just think it's a bit too much of a good thing.

Multiple paths to the same goals or gear is wonderful, but the path of least resistance shouldn't lead to equal rewards. Some players just like to quest a little each week, and while it might fit the new MoP philosophy to give total casuals access to all the best gear too, almost every single player would also take that short cut - just because it's easy. Then a lot of the motivation to do more serious playing diminishes, and with that goes the ability to put together groups for end game activities.

Blizzard's new plan just needs to be scaled back a little so that the harder activities like RBGs or arenas remain the best (not only) way to get gear.
90 Human Paladin
I absolutely hate this idea. Not only will this make gearing easier for players with no skill... it will ruin people trying to find skillful players with gear. It's upsetting that blizz continuously aims to please the non hardcore players by making gear so easy to obtain. I'm even more upset that I'm stuck paying another year for my wow account. Because after this announcement I would rather stop playing. Why jump it to 100 and make it so easy to cap?? How about 50 per day. I'm lost for words, and this is very disappointing.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Premades here we come for capping. I think it will get the more serious PVPers in the arenas and rateds, making better competition. Thus, no team shooting up to the 2200 level very fast.

I think its a win to make PVP not about the gear but the skill.
Edited by Sïzzlé on 11/19/2011 12:06 AM PST
85 Troll Druid
Disappointed at what, exactly, Banxy? That the person can still only cap 1350 a week (presume) unless they forcibly arena or rbg to gain rating? And if that is the case, they are earning their points through those arenas or rbgs, instead.

Giving the average player the ability to be able to cap by doing their BG's is not harmful to this environment, unlike now, where we are unable to get even close to our cap from doing the daily BG. If you are really sweating over people getting 1350 a week from doing what they enjoy, you should really look around and find some of the more serious issues in the game.
90 Human Paladin
Disappointed by below average players getting some of the best gear available without having a 2200 rating. They're making it way too easy for people to have nice gear. It shouldn't be that easy... I'm disappointed that they're making it way to easy to gear players, it wasn't this easy back in the day... they're taking away the accomplishment of getting the best gear by doing things such as arenas/rbg's. and remember capping 1350 a week is 7.5x's more conquest than someone can cap now. pathetic. people shouldn't be able to gear alts as fast as they can gear main characters. if that's the case... blizz quit charging $15 bucks a month for this crap!
100 Night Elf Druid
what blizz is trying to do is make you all feel better by all having good gear. If everyone has the best gear in the game, wouldn't it all be about skill?
thx blizz now people that haven't got bgteam or arenateam can farm conquest :D
85 Troll Mage
11/19/2011 12:38 AMPosted by Banxy
Disappointed by below average players getting some of the best gear available without having a 2200 rating. They're making it way too easy for people to have nice gear. It shouldn't be that easy... I'm disappointed that they're making it way to easy to gear players, it wasn't this easy back in the day... they're taking away the accomplishment of getting the best gear by doing things such as arenas/rbg's. and remember capping 1350 a week is 7.5x's more conquest than someone can cap now. pathetic. people shouldn't be able to gear alts as fast as they can gear main characters. if that's the case... blizz quit charging $15 bucks a month for this crap!

below average players are already getting the best gear in low rated pvp, so nothing is actually going to change in terms of how skilled the geared players are
16 Troll Druid
11/19/2011 03:51 AMPosted by Racthoh

below average players are already getting the best gear in low rated pvp, so nothing is actually going to change in terms of how skilled the geared players are

Yeah I'll get flamed I'm sure but it has to be said.

Check out the poster you quoted who is disappointed that below average players can get nice gear.

Hasn't broke 1500 in 2s yet.

Once again proving that the people who scream the loudest about changes like this are usually those just squeaking by in the current system.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]