4.3 Battleground Conquest Rewards

85 Blood Elf Rogue
I personally don't agree with this change. Arena gear is arena gear and honor gear is honor gear, and now we'll just be making that conquest gear a bazillion times easier to get? Maybe I'm only upset because of all the time and effort that went into getting my arena gear the regular way. Through arenas. Which if you get high enough in rating due to your skills can make winning some matches pretty dang hard. With this change it just feels as if the arena players and rated bg players work has been wasted. Just my little opinion. Don't kill me for it.
89 Blood Elf Mage
I am by no means a hardcore arena/RBG player, but this announcement disappoints me more than anything. I busted my tail assembling my resilience gear between raids in a guild that doesn't run RBGs. Making that easier should make me happy, but it doesn't.
90 Human Paladin
11/19/2011 07:40 AMPosted by Natalana

below average players are already getting the best gear in low rated pvp, so nothing is actually going to change in terms of how skilled the geared players are

Yeah I'll get flamed I'm sure but it has to be said.

Check out the poster you quoted who is disappointed that below average players can get nice gear.

Hasn't broke 1500 in 2s yet.

Once again proving that the people who scream the loudest about changes like this are usually those just squeaking by in the current system.

Yeah big deal, I haven't hit 1500 in 2's. So I guess that makes me an awful player right? Or maybe because I never really tried, because I'm pretty sure people get carried to 2200 all the time... You're also posting on your level 16 druid... so who are you to have an opinion what I haven't done.

And wouldn't you think I would be an advocate for the change because it would make gearing incredibly easier??? I'm not.. it's a crap change and I hope it gets rethought.
5 Troll Warrior
In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest. There is no limit to how many BGs you can run this way, up to the normal conquest cap.

Our intent is to start acting even more on our Mists of Pandaria philosophies of encouraging players to approach the content they want to, how they want to, and be able to work toward meaningful player progression. Arenas and rated battlegrounds will still earn Conquest faster, but with this change you can now work your way up by running normal BGs, if you so choose.

Awesome change. Any chance you guys could make playing/winning battlegrounds reward a reasonable amount of guild XP? My guild consists of me and some friends who just like to team up and play battlegrounds together, but it's depressing that we don't level up our guild at all by doing so. I know when you guys first talked about guild leveling while Cataclysm was in development, you stated that pretty much any form of playing the game would contribute to leveling up the guild. It's sad that this didn't turn out to be the case.

Thanks.
5 Troll Warrior
11/19/2011 01:52 PMPosted by Pwnytailz
I personally don't agree with this change. Arena gear is arena gear and honor gear is honor gear, and now we'll just be making that conquest gear a bazillion times easier to get?

Grinding 1350 Conq at 180/win in 2v2 is a joke.

Grinding 1350 Conq in normal BGs at 50 Con/win with 100 per daily will be much harder, so your argument doesn't fly.

Owned by a gnome.
90 Human Paladin
11/19/2011 01:52 PMPosted by Pwnytailz
I personally don't agree with this change. Arena gear is arena gear and honor gear is honor gear, and now we'll just be making that conquest gear a bazillion times easier to get?

Grinding 1350 Conq in normal BGs at 50 Con/win with 100 per daily will be much harder, so your argument doesn't fly.

His argument does "fly". Currently the max conquest points earned by random BG's is 175 per week. In 4.3 they've bumped that to 1350.

So for those who don't do arenas or RBG's, it makes getting conquest gear 750% easier.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm imagining it's been said already. Along with this change needs to come the change that was made to the LFD tool so that people can do 7 bg's in one day and get the points they want. Otherwise the access to PVP becomes steeper than that of Dungeons and Raids.
16 Troll Druid

Yeah I'll get flamed I'm sure but it has to be said.

Check out the poster you quoted who is disappointed that below average players can get nice gear.

Hasn't broke 1500 in 2s yet.

Once again proving that the people who scream the loudest about changes like this are usually those just squeaking by in the current system.

Yeah big deal, I haven't hit 1500 in 2's. So I guess that makes me an awful player right? Or maybe because I never really tried, because I'm pretty sure people get carried to 2200 all the time... You're also posting on your level 16 druid... so who are you to have an opinion what I haven't done.

And wouldn't you think I would be an advocate for the change because it would make gearing incredibly easier??? I'm not.. it's a crap change and I hope it gets rethought.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of a fail 2s player making a comment stating their dislike of the change because it will let below average players get nice gear, even going so far as to state 2200 as the cut off for good players.

It's kind of cute, like the posters who were complaining about the nerfs to Firelands bosses yet had never killed anything in T11, much less anything in Firelands.
16 Troll Druid
11/19/2011 02:12 PMPosted by Banxy

His argument does "fly". Currently the max conquest points earned by random BG's is 175 per week. In 4.3 they've bumped that to 1350.

So for those who don't do arenas or RBG's, it makes getting conquest gear 750% easier.

Even the bad players have figured out how to spam /2 with 'FLM 2s for points' to cap their weekly conquest. Or did you think that was some big secret that only the 'real' PVP players knew?

Running 2s each week will still be more efficient than running randoms. And if you can get your rating up, you can increase the amount of conquest you earn each week and get geared faster.

The only possible downside to this change is that people botting normal BGs will now get conquest gear, but as someone else stated, how often do you lose to a bot in a BG?
85 Troll Mage
Yeah big deal, I haven't hit 1500 in 2's. So I guess that makes me an awful player right? Or maybe because I never really tried.

Why have you never tried for 2200? Can't beat players on your own gear level?

Only bads prefer their stat/gear advantage in pvp. You don't think everyone deserves free gear? I don't think you deserve free wins because of your gear.

Real competitors appreciate a level playing field.
85 Draenei Mage
This is a most excellent change!!!
85 Tauren Paladin
Wait wait wait wait..... PvPers complain about people being in pve gear in BGs, now the BGers can get pvp gear faster, and theres crying about it? 6.9 im so confuzzled.
90 Human Paladin
Yeah big deal, I haven't hit 1500 in 2's. So I guess that makes me an awful player right? Or maybe because I never really tried.

Why have you never tried for 2200? Can't beat players on your own gear level?

Only bads prefer their stat/gear advantage in pvp. You don't think everyone deserves free gear? I don't think you deserve free wins because of your gear.

Real competitors appreciate a level playing field.

I haven't tried, because I have dedicated any time to. And assuming I can't beat players of equal gear is hilarious. I'm just stating they have appealed to the masses and are making gear way to accessible. I don't agree with that.
100 Human Mage
How about raising the amount of rep for BGs too!
100 Tauren Paladin
11/19/2011 08:16 AMPosted by Saricc

you say that as if your so bad at this game you cant kill a bot

Good one idiot. Because its fair that fat nerds can AFK and do nothing while getting the best gear while players who actually deserve the gear (Doing Arena or RBGs) are spending time getting points. Get lost geek.
90 Human Mage
Been waiting for this (PvP) change since TBC. Well done blizz. Keep it up. Little slow though.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]