4.3 Battleground Conquest Rewards

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Awesome. A couple of days ago I was actually just thinking about the pre-BC pvp system and how I missed being able to get competitive pvp gear through the BG system.
90 Human Paladin
I like this change... though I would like it even better if we could combine the PVE and PVP points into one pool. (I'd like it even better if they'd throw resilience out the window and have one set of gear to deal with.) If the philosophy is going to be freedom of choice in what content you play to progress (a philosophy I agree with), take it to the next level and say "Here's your X point cap for the week, go get it with BGs or Heroics or whatever and buy whatever you want with it."
Actually, I must say I'm most surprised with the positive feedback from the forum! Go us!
85 Human Death Knight
What will happen to honor gear?

Honor will still be gained faster than conquest points, but after a few months into season 11 wouldn't honor points be worthless?

Unless we can convert honor into conquest points like a 10:1 ratio.
100 Troll Mage
YES!!!!!!!

I really hate Arenas and I don't have a group for rated BGs, but it's always annoying getting destroyed by people with arena gear. It's not like people complaining in PvE that they can't get raid gear without raiding, those people with raid gear are helping you. These guys with arena gear are killing you, and the prospect of being forced into a mode I don't enjoy to compete turned me off from PvP for a long time. This is a very welcome change for me.
100 Blood Elf Priest
I do not like this change. There will be less people doing arenas and rbgs cause they can go get there conquest points for the week doing bgs.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
On behalf of all hard-working 40+ hour a week adults with significant others who also enjoy pvp, I applaud you for leveling the pvp playing field with this change Blizzard.
92 Tauren Shaman
Thank you ever so much for this change! This will be a real incentive to run more battlegrounds for me, knowing that I have a shot at getting close to top rated gear (I love the flow of battlegrounds, less a fan of arena). I'll still never get both specs in full conquest gear, but it should narrow the gear gap that is occasionally noticeable.
90 Gnome Mage
I'm definitely keen on this change however I do feel that the 100 CP a day should in fact be the same as VP from Heroics where its a weekly cap rather than a daily one.
100 Night Elf Rogue
In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest. There is no limit to how many BGs you can run this way, up to the normal conquest cap.

Our intent is to start acting even more on our Mists of Pandaria philosophies of encouraging players to approach the content they want to, how they want to, and be able to work toward meaningful player progression. Arenas and rated battlegrounds will still earn Conquest faster, but with this change you can now work your way up by running normal BGs, if you so choose.

So aside from discouraging players from crafting blue PVP gear and encouraging players to bot more, what exactly is the point of this? The worst part of any non-rated BG is the people who are in there only for gear (which doesn't even make sense, when you think about it) and don't really want to participate so much as let the group carry them and hope this battleground is a winner.

You already can work your way up by running normal BGs. They award honor. Honor buys gear. Then run 2s until you manage to cap for the week.
99 Human Warlock
I can see why this is done; a lot of people do arenas just for points without any real consistent play.

I get that most people aren't really going to cap points from unrated bgs; you've got to get about 20 BG wins a week to do that, which is a huge time commitment. But, nonetheless, this is very frustrating. The incentive to compete in organized PvP is already very low. The award structure for arenas was nerfed in 4.2, so wins awarded 180 points instead of 1/5 of cap. 4.2 also provided better rewards at similar ratings for RBGs. The mere fact that conquest gear will now denote absolutely no accomplishment will really kill the incentive for people to bother with pvp at all. With people able to cap now from disorganized BGs, I think we'll be seeing a lot less organized play. This also really undermines the conceit that PvP and raids are equivalent activities.

I hope, with this change, we'll see the RBG and arena cap merged back into a single cap, and some increase in the reward for rated wins, to keep the incentive to play these more challenging modes intact.

85 Night Elf Hunter
There is an elitist twinge in me that wants to hate this, but then I have to think about it. I play Soul Calibur with special weapons turned off.

I might hate bad players getting rewarded with anything, but I like even competition a whole lot more. Pretty sweet change all in all I think.
85 Gnome Warlock
11/17/2011 09:06 AMPosted by Urge
So everyone will be in PVP gear.

Everyone already is. They're just not in conqu... oh wait, everyone is. (except me! :V)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to it. It'll feel weird at first, but now I won't have to worry about massive gear differences that work out in the other person's favour, it'll just be a skill difference.
90 Worgen Rogue
100 Conquest points?

Ton of honor kills?

PvP gear?

I like this change. :>
85 Tauren Death Knight
yeah, make it even easier to get gear...why not just give it away free why even work for it
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It amazes me that a few people are actually whining about this. If you are good, then prove it by beating people in equal gear. I am a good player, and I want my opponents to have the same gear as me so that I know I deserved to win or lose (aside from class balance; whole other issue.)

As for arena, running over makeshift teams who only do it because they have to to get gear should bring you no satisfaction, and rated battlegrounds are nearly impossible on lower populated servers. Get over it, this change is excellent.
Edited by Itizamuh on 11/17/2011 10:48 AM PST
100 Tauren Warrior
skipping for joy here
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]