4.3 Battleground Conquest Rewards
I do have a few concerns to raise, however. Ive put them in order in how concerning I think they are.
1. Botting/AFKing will probably increase. Is it possible to increase efforts to combat botting?
2. Premades will probably increase. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it encourages group play. I raise this concern only because we all know how frustrating it is when your team gives up before the battle starts when the other team is a premade. Some of us don't mind the challenge of dealing with a premade group, but do mind dealing with the challenge of unmotivated teammates.
3. The amount of conquest points rewarded is still a little low to compete with doing arenas to cap your conquest in a time-appropriate manner. Again, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, as there should still be a worthwhile reward for doing arenas. This is at the bottom of my list of concerns for that reason.
Again, this is a welcome change from my perspective. My major concern is with the botting.
Thanks for reading.
11/17/2011 10:47 AMPosted by Itizamuht amazes me that a few people are actually whining about this. If you are good, then prove it by beating people in equal gear. I am a good player, and I want my opponents to have the same gear as me so that I know I deserved to win or lose (aside from class balance; whole other issue.)
I dont play pvp very offten, and when i come with my vicious and some ruthless on some BGS i'm owned. now with more conquest, ppl can gear up faster and prove, like he said, who is better.
I like this change, but pve world will be twisted by twisted freaks the will come raiding of f****ing pvp gear.
In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest. There is no limit to how many BGs you can run this way, up to the normal conquest cap
The normal cap still applies so arena's and rbg's will still matter
The mere fact that conquest gear will now denote absolutely no accomplishment will really kill the incentive for people to bother with pvp at all. With people able to cap now from disorganized BGs, I think we'll be seeing a lot less organized play. This also really undermines the conceit that PvP and raids are equivalent activities.
you're forgetting the fact that there's still the special color schemed "elite" seasonal pvp gear and higher ilevel pvp weapons for high rated arena players and also special pvp mounts reward for sustained RBG winning.
1) Blizzard adds exp to battleground, bots now not only farm honor all day, but can even go 10-85 farming it!
2) Blizzard adds conquest points to battlegrounds, bots can now get equal gear to real PVPers, and even faster because bots don't have to sleep!
Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.