4.3 Battleground Conquest Rewards

90 Human Warrior
I love this change.
71 Undead Death Knight
11/17/2011 09:13 AMPosted by Hanners
nice pvp gear shouldnt be hard to earn anyway pvp is about skill not about gear =P
Exactly!!!

This is one of the best changes I've seen in a long time. I'm tired of being honor gear capped, and then lose a match by 2k HP by a better geared player.
85 Night Elf Druid
11/17/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Bashiok
Our intent is to start acting even more on our Mists of Pandaria philosophies of encouraging players to approach the content they want to, how they want to, and be able to work toward meaningful player progression.

Adding on to this, please let us veto some number of maps from the Random BG rotation like the Starcraft matchmaking model, add more CTA BGs in a week (daily BG?), or just provide the same bonus to specific BG queues.

Why? The honor bonus on un-fun BGs doesn't make them more fun. If you want to follow that model, you must consider a change to the Random BG system.

85 Draenei Priest
YAY!!!
100 Human Death Knight
In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest. There is no limit to how many BGs you can run this way, up to the normal conquest cap.

Our intent is to start acting even more on our Mists of Pandaria philosophies of encouraging players to approach the content they want to, how they want to, and be able to work toward meaningful player progression. Arenas and rated battlegrounds will still earn Conquest faster, but with this change you can now work your way up by running normal BGs, if you so choose.

Let me state this is fantastic, as I enjoy both Arena and BGs, but I find Arena's have a much higher entry level than BGs. Now at least I can get some of my alts in partial gear and rely on my skill level rather than pure gear level.
90 Night Elf Druid
So now all the botters will get conquest along with honor just for letting their comp run while they jerk off. thank you very much for making this "method" even more popular.
This will definitely break down the incentives to do Rated BG's, and is contrary to the other announcement about VP.

I get 400 points for a rated BG win, and, by design of the MMR system, my intended win rate is 50/50. Matches tend to run nearly the full duration. I will say an average of 30 minutes. So that's an average of 200 pts per 30 minutes or 400 pts per hour.

On the other hand, if I take five of us and queue for a random, I can almost guarantee a win. But let's say I would win 3 out of 4. These games tend to be quick - maybe 10 minutes each on average. That's 50 points x 6 = 300 @ 75% = 225 pts per hour.

Yes, Rated BG's are more efficient, but not a ton in relationship to how much time I need to cap. Where is the payout for all the additional skill and logistical work required?

personally, I enjoy playing bgs with a team of people that I know I can rely on to do their jobs properly, and while randoms do pass the time, i just find the competition inherent in rated to be more interesting and fun that the grind of randoms. if your only goal is the gear i see where you're coming from, but for me, the experience i have along the way to getting gear is more interesting.
85 Undead Rogue
11/17/2011 09:33 AMPosted by Pwnytailz
Can you please consider awarding Conquest in lieu of honor for World PVP HKs?

I agree with this only if you manage to get HKs in a city such as Stormwind or Orgrimmar.

These cities need some more excitement.
100 Orc Warrior
Thank you for this change, makes it much easier for my PvE friends to come join me in the fight

PvP should be as close to possible as Rocket Arena, you enter with all your tools and best man comes out, not about purple pixels.

Would be nice if you disallowed PvE items in rated matches however :)
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So there is no conquest cap anymore?

I do believe the botters are going to increase as others have pointed out.

Another problem is the premade (more then 5 people from a group in one BG via an addon) are going to increase. Failed groups that can't win in rated will join random bg to farm under-geared new players.
90 Night Elf Druid
Amazing Now My VP And Ruthless Gear Will Be Alot Better But When Is The Season 11?
85 Night Elf Druid
I've always said that it would be alot better to make the conquest cap higher and make the points worth less or make it take longer to get the points... because people do arena on tuesday morning, and then theyre done for the week... i mean you could keep playing for rating, but if your alrdy a Glad then wheres the fun in that? just a thought....
Edited by Nëphalím on 11/17/2011 11:44 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Priest
Thank you for this change! Rated BGs were fun but like arenas, a little too srs bzns at higher levels. RBG takes a while for cooperative cohesiveness and by the time you get that with a team, people come and go. 2/3/5 is easier to L2play-nicely-together than 10 strangers or guildies who don't play healers >_<.

Now if we can have faster/better AFKaver eradication methods in BGs, it would be excellent. Like give a little more power to the designated BG leader. If we say that fool scratching his butt in the start cave is AFK, then he's really AFK. If the BG leader is AFK, it takes 2 reports. Kicked people deserter debuff should last twice as long as normal so they can't insta requeue. What we have now works pretty good - sometimes, not always. We shouldn't have to spend our BG policing the AFKs.

85 Blood Elf Rogue
I like this change.
85 Night Elf Druid
You can only get so much conquest a week! :p
100 Draenei Warrior
Love.... It...

I haven't enjoyed PvP since BC due to the time it takes to grind PvP gear.
85 Human Warrior
now scrubs are going to have the arena season gear...great
100 Draenei Hunter
i might even consider pvp, even though i hate to pvp.
7 Tauren Shaman
why can't we get pvp titles from normal bg's yet
100 Blood Elf Mage
This is a GREAT change. Thank you Blizzard!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]