4.3 Battleground Conquest Rewards

85 Gnome Priest
Thanks.
85 Human Mage
This is a garbage change imo. There's nothing seperating noobs that suck and farm bg's from getting the exact same gear as a good player playing RBG's or Arena. Sure the arena players will gain it a bit faster (barely though) but in the end even scrubs will have the same gear.

Blizz just continues to make this game complete EZ mode for those with 1/2 a brain.

And, thats my honest opinion.
100 Night Elf Rogue
This is a good idea, but now can we pare down the currency to 2 forms then? Conquest for pvp, Justice for PvE?

The plan to award arena/rated/raid currency faster or in higher amounts will satisfy pvp diehards, same with raiders.

This will help transition the pvp vs. pve gear divide planned for 5.0 nicely, right?
Edited by Sylvanelf on 11/17/2011 12:12 PM PST
100 Night Elf Rogue
This is a garbage change imo. There's nothing seperating noobs that suck and farm bg's from getting the exact same gear as a good player playing RBG's or Arena. Sure the arena players will gain it a bit faster (barely though) but in the end even scrubs will have the same gear.

Blizz just continues to make this game complete EZ mode for those with 1/2 a brain.

And, thats my honest opinion.

This may be your honest onion, but really... There's no need to spew vitriol like that. If you're SO remarkably awesome at pvp, then those "unworthy noobs" you speak of won't really benefit from better gear, right?
85 Draenei Shaman
Love this change. Completely validates me restarting my account. Thanks Blizz!
Good change, Blizzard!!!

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Just logged into PTR - the amount of conquest you can earn is still 1650, how are you going to purchase an item that cost 2200 conquest.
11/17/2011 09:33 AMPosted by Itizamuh
Great change. Only question is, what good are honor points now? Just to buy mats?

Yes, what other items do you get from BG apart from the gear? Buying mats with honor is the PvP version of getting mats from running instances.
90 Human Priest
As much as I hate to be the one given an inch and ask for a mile in return, it seems the daily conquest points could use the same treatment as valor points from random heroics.

Allowing you to get the conquest points at your leisure each week with a cap of 7 times.

Heres hoping that was already considered on their part. Even if not, this is still a great change :D
100 Human Death Knight
So, instead of battlegrounding for okay gear and saving the best gear for people willing to put in the time and effort to do rated BGs and arenas, everyone can get everything?

Even as a proud casual, this is too much. At least I have something other than pandas to complain about now.
85 Human Paladin
It's a decent change. I do somewhat feel that this makes honor points useless, but time will tell.

11/17/2011 12:11 PMPosted by Bùttahcup

The great thing about this game game is that you have know what you are doing for your gear to matter. So who cares really? Goods will be goods, and bads will be bads. And if that's not an alt, then lol at you for complaining about bad players.
90 Tauren Warrior
Very glad I re-subbed. That is one of the best changes in a while. Personally, I just can't put the time in on any even semi-regular basis (ie. my log in times are all over the place), so doing RBGs and Arenas is pretty much out for me.

THANK YOU for listening to the rest of us!
85 Draenei Shaman
This will definitely break down the incentives to do Rated BG's, and is contrary to the other announcement about VP.

I get 400 points for a rated BG win, and, by design of the MMR system, my intended win rate is 50/50. Matches tend to run nearly the full duration. I will say an average of 30 minutes. So that's an average of 200 pts per 30 minutes or 400 pts per hour.

On the other hand, if I take five of us and queue for a random, I can almost guarantee a win. But let's say I would win 3 out of 4. These games tend to be quick - maybe 10 minutes each on average. That's 50 points x 6 = 300 @ 75% = 225 pts per hour.

Yes, Rated BG's are more efficient, but not a ton in relationship to how much time I need to cap. Where is the payout for all the additional skill and logistical work required?

LOL you did the math yourself. You SHOWED YOURSELF where the reward is. It's the extra 175 pph. This just makes it so average-baddie that wants to PVP can get competitive gear and get their ratings wrecked.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So instead of coming to BG to run to the middle and try to farm kills, people may actually try to win, I am not holding my breath on that one.
I like this change. Thanks Blizz!
85 Draenei Paladin
What happens to people who like arenas or rated BGs, but cant get above 2200 rating?

We will have the exact same gear as every other player from the most casual Regular PVPrs who gets 1650 points every week through regular BGs, and maybe a few arena and rated BG wins at a very low rating, all the way up to 1800-2100 rated Arena and RBG players who cant break 2200?

And even if you break 2200, a significant achievement, the only thing you will ever have a chance of getting over the casual joe is weapons?

There are several tiers of gear and rewards for PVE
LFG
Heroic LFG
Conquest (important to note that there are tiers above the standard weekly points)
LFR
Raids
Heroic raids

There are rewards for skill, dedication, organization etc in PVE, things only guys doing HM raids can get. Why is it not the same for PVP?

Once you can cap your weekly points, what are we trying to achieve through Arenas and rated BGs between 1650 points any way we can get it, and a 2200 rating?

(Hint: nothing)

If the intent is that we get points faster, then alls we gain is a 2-3 pieces ahead of the casual reg. BG Player. This is rather dissappointing to me.

I think there are a whole lot of guys who mostly or only PVP in WOW, and spend way more time, thought, effort, and coordination each week than other. And I already feel like I am not achieveing anything because a horrible team can tank there rating, cap there points each week, and have the same gear as me. The only real advantage I have is being able to cap a few hundred points above them, getting maybe 1 more item then them each 2-4 weeks. Now that they dont even have to do RBGs or arenas to get 1650, the difference between us and the guy doing the minimal work is maybe a few pieces at the end of the season. And once I get all S11, I stop progressing until I hit 2200, and they catch up.

I really feel there needs to be SOMETHING worth fighting for between the 1650 cap and a 2200 rating (and honestly more of a reward at 2200 and up)

Maybe having rewards above 2200 would prevent people from locking there rating in early in a season and never touching there chars again to protect there MMR.
Edited by Illuminay on 11/17/2011 12:43 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Great change, makes gearing alts less of a hassle.
100 Night Elf Druid
Thank God, finally - who's the genius who gave this idea to the developer team? I'd like to buy him a drink.

So, instead of battlegrounding for okay gear and saving the best gear for people willing to put in the time and effort to do rated BGs and arenas, everyone can get everything?

Even as a proud casual, this is too much. At least I have something other than pandas to complain about now.

Maybe skill matters more than gear? This change emphasizes that. You want to know what's the reward for PvPing ? Arena titles, RBG titles, mounts, and being able to buy the best pvp gear.
Edited by Nightsbane on 11/17/2011 12:41 PM PST
90 Goblin Mage
11/17/2011 12:00 PMPosted by Amelmira
now scrubs are going to have the arena season gear...great

in which you are living proof that they can get it anyway and this is just another option.
100 Human Paladin
Yes<double fist pump>13 level 85's now i will have something to do
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]