4.3 Battleground Conquest Rewards

85 Blood Elf Priest
Blizzard I LOVE YOU
85 Night Elf Druid
Well I for one am excited. I enjoy Arenas (Just started on this Druid. It's going okay so far.) and random BG's so I'll be taking part in both. I can't wait for this change.
97 Night Elf Rogue
11/17/2011 01:07 PMPosted by Wthdude
lol the ones that welcome this change are scrubs who never break 1350/1650 weekly cap

And you know this for fact? No. This is only what you think, when you try to speak for "everyone" Don't do that.

This is a good change. If you're awesome and get high ratings, etc. nothing will change for you.
85 Human Priest
I love this change
85 Night Elf Warrior
Overall, I think this is a good change. I don't mind having the high end PvP gear being accessible to casual BGers that want to grind normal BGs for it. Gear gap in PvP isn't healthy to start with.

My concern is that this will negatively affect RBGs. It will be tougher to get players to do them when you strip away a chunk of the incentive. Maybe give us more cosmetic rewards (mounts, but not the same mount for 75, 150, 300 achievement).
90 Goblin Mage
The funny thing is people are complaining because this supposedly ruins arenas and rbgs, as if people only capped and then turned the computer off. If they don't enjoy it only to cap points then why force them to do it? let everyone do what they want.. the gain is still very low to cap, it only works for some spare points in those of us who have a somewhat higher cap, 2400 at the moment, and for some reason we can't play as many games as we need this week or we hit a bad streak.
85 Human Priest
This is an awful change. Unless you plan on making valor give hard mode level content gear, or make 2200 players get access to ilvl gear that is equivalent to hard mode gear, there is no "parallel" to choosing how you play. Honor gear ALREADY gave you superior ilvl gear to normal pve. Honestly, what the hell is even the point of honor gear now?

Overall, I don't really care about noobs getting gear because they're bad or lazy, but there's going to be almost 0 incentive to do rbgs or arena now, and that is ultimately going to be the reason why I quit. I play MMOs for the organization of group pvp and progression, something you can't get in other games.

I waited 4 years for you to implement RBGs, then you took less than a year to destroy its. Good job.

AGREE 100%!!!!
85 Orc Death Knight
Very positive change, one of the most exciting in a long time.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I can see why the hardcore PVPers are upset by this. I, personally, am quite happy. All I do on my main is do BGs, I only even recently started doing arenas to become more competitive in BGs. This change is awesome to me because I hate arenas and getting my points every weeks sucks.

And ya know, everything in WOW exists to be nerfed anyway. ;)
85 Human Warlock
lame.
90 Troll Hunter
Way to totally break down any reason for coordinated PvP!!! These changes suck. All I can say is Yay for the casual lone wolf PvP farmer, you got your way.
85 Night Elf Warrior
11/17/2011 01:31 PMPosted by Röxy
The funny thing is people are complaining because this supposedly ruins arenas and rbgs, as if people only capped and then turned the computer off. If they don't enjoy it only to cap points then why force them to do it? let everyone do what they want.. the gain is still very low to cap, it only works for some spare points in those of us who have a somewhat higher cap, 2400 at the moment, and for some reason we can't play as many games as we need this week or we hit a bad streak.

What if you can fish up the Firelands tier set rather easily out of Booty Bay?

People would go fishing and raid attendance would plummet. "I guess they didn't like raiding then if they were only in it for the loot."

See what I'm sayin'? If you kill the incentive for doing anything organized, the lazy playerbase will take the easiest path to the detriment of the overall game.
85 Worgen Druid
This is great new for the whole game. Why you didn't do this way back in wrath is beyond me.

Why did you lock people out of gear? I don't know but glad to see your philosophy is growing.

The reason people were "LOCKED" out of is to slam those botters in the face. Just as much as PVE takes coordination, so does PVP. RBGS are history at this point and why well PVPers play anymore when botters on 24/7 can now get the same gear we actively try to achieve. Now were going to see more retards with gear they haven't earned. This is indeed going to KILL and and I mean SLAUGHTER the pvp community.

I put money on it, if we had the same type of "change" added to PVE content, top world guilds would cry out.

Botters win this one and I think blizzard should make the same changes for PVE gear. I bet were going to see another 80k subs gone after this change.
85 Worgen Druid
11/17/2011 01:41 PMPosted by Charax

What if you can fish up the Firelands tier set rather easily out of Booty Bay?

People would go fishing and raid attendance would plummet. "I guess they didn't like raiding then if they were only in it for the loot."

See what I'm sayin'? If you kill the incentive for doing anything organized, the lazy playerbase will take the easiest path to the detriment of the overall game.

You said it sir. So much for wow pvp luster. It is gone just as much as 40mans were EPIC back in vanilla.
85 Troll Hunter

11/17/2011 09:13 AMPosted by Hanners
nice pvp gear shouldnt be hard to earn anyway pvp is about skill not about gear =P

but getting the gear required skill... now everyone is going to have it.... and honor is going to be useless
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]