Kindle Fire support
Any chance this is in the works blues?
FYI - the Fire uses Android 2.3, with a few mods to repoint any app store visits to Amazon.com, plus a few reskinning things. It's a fully functional Android 2.3 machine, so those comments about it not being one are false. Yes, they modded it, but my understanding is that they didn't touch any of the base OS - I've side graded apps from my computer by downloading from a 3rd party site, and everything worked perfectly.
So, if Blizz doesn't want to pay to host it on Amazon, all they really have to do is have a download link on their site. We can side grade and install from there.
Plus, it makes the game that much more secure. Isn't that the intent here?
This is a wifi solution since I can not get my computer to sync with a usb cable for some odd reason. FIRST, go to Device on your kindle and turn on "Allow Installtion of Applications"
1. Download Wifi File Explorer Pro from the app store .99 cents. (did not try with free version)
2. Download EsFile Explorer from the app store (free)
3. go to 4shared.com and find the non-amazon store app you want and download it. Here is the link for the aunthenticator .apk
(If im not allowed to post this then I will delete the link)
4. Open Wifi File Explorer Pro and it should auto connect to your router if your Kindle Fire is already set up.
5. Open the url the app gives you in your web browser (works best in chrome)
6. Create a new directory or just use LOST.DIR
7. directory at top should be similar to this /mnt/sdcard/LOST.DIR/
8. on the bottom right under upload file, browse and find the .apk and upload.
9. Exit the app on your kindle and open Es File Explorer and go to your directory (or LOST.DIR if used)
10.Click the app and install.
11. Launch app and follow instruction to attach to your account.
Also one other note, If you go to Device on your kindle and turn on "Allow Installtion of Applications" , you should be able to download directly to your kindle. I prefer the first method so that I can virus scan the files before i transfer them.
02/22/2012 10:40 AMPosted by LiogelaWe can neither confirm nor deny any development projects that have not already been officially announced! :)
The Chat Gem Lives!
Diablo III Analyst for Pro Team Evil Geniuses
Fansite Administrator of SC2Mapster and SC2Replayed
Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.