Kindle Fire support

90 Draenei Priest
Agreed. Getting mobile armory on my Kindle would be very nice.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Add me to the list of peeps wanting this to happen. I don't have a smartphone to transfer the file from (or a desire to have one) but would love to see this on my kindle.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
So, any chance a BLUE will make a comment on this possibility?
Reply Quote
56 Gnome Priest
/raise hand

Thinking of getting a Kindle Fire, and I would absolutely love this.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Add me to the list, I would like any and all blizzard apps to get a Kindle Fire edition(ideally sold in the amazon app store). I especially want the AH one with the monthly fee.

Any chance this is in the works blues?
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
01/12/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Arkati
So, any chance a BLUE will make a comment on this possibility?

I stickied the post.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I would love to be able to use the apps on my kindle they came out with one I would be adding the mobile AH to my phone asap
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Would love to have all the Blizzard apps available for use on my Kindle Fire as well. Hope this is on the front burner and being worked on ASAP!!! I would like my authenticator, armory, and especially the Auction House app.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Warrior
Add my name to the list of people interested in WoW apps for the Kindle Fire. It would be a totally awesome addition to the WoW family.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I want an authenticator for my kindle fire as well!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Add my name to the list for getting both the Authenticator and Armory apps on Kindle Fire.

FYI - the Fire uses Android 2.3, with a few mods to repoint any app store visits to Amazon.com, plus a few reskinning things. It's a fully functional Android 2.3 machine, so those comments about it not being one are false. Yes, they modded it, but my understanding is that they didn't touch any of the base OS - I've side graded apps from my computer by downloading from a 3rd party site, and everything worked perfectly.

So, if Blizz doesn't want to pay to host it on Amazon, all they really have to do is have a download link on their site. We can side grade and install from there.

Plus, it makes the game that much more secure. Isn't that the intent here?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Adding my voice in favor of the apps being available on the kindle fire!

Sent via the KindleFire web browser.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I would also like to see this happen, sooner than later if possible :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yep, would LOVE the app on my Kindle Fire.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I would love it too. I want to ditch my I-Pod.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Okay I have a solution for the Kindle Fire until we get Official Support from Blizzard on this.

This is a wifi solution since I can not get my computer to sync with a usb cable for some odd reason. FIRST, go to Device on your kindle and turn on "Allow Installtion of Applications"

1. Download Wifi File Explorer Pro from the app store .99 cents. (did not try with free version)
2. Download EsFile Explorer from the app store (free)
3. go to 4shared.com and find the non-amazon store app you want and download it. Here is the link for the aunthenticator .apk
http://www.4shared.com/android/GR_9em50/Battlenet_Mobile_Authenticator.html?aff=7637829
(If im not allowed to post this then I will delete the link)

4. Open Wifi File Explorer Pro and it should auto connect to your router if your Kindle Fire is already set up.
5. Open the url the app gives you in your web browser (works best in chrome)
6. Create a new directory or just use LOST.DIR
7. directory at top should be similar to this /mnt/sdcard/LOST.DIR/
8. on the bottom right under upload file, browse and find the .apk and upload.
9. Exit the app on your kindle and open Es File Explorer and go to your directory (or LOST.DIR if used)
10.Click the app and install.
11. Launch app and follow instruction to attach to your account.

Also one other note, If you go to Device on your kindle and turn on "Allow Installtion of Applications" , you should be able to download directly to your kindle. I prefer the first method so that I can virus scan the files before i transfer them.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
That apk you linked is an extremely old version.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
We can neither confirm nor deny any development projects that have not already been officially announced! :)
Reply Quote
MVP
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/22/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Liogela
We can neither confirm nor deny any development projects that have not already been officially announced! :)

:).
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
02/22/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Liogela

What are YOU doing here? ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]