Druid Legendary in MoP?

85 Night Elf Druid
Hey druids, I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if we finally got a legendary weapon?

I know Balance can use the staff, and Resto got the mace, but Feral's specifically have not gotten a single Legendary since the game's release. Having played as feral since classic, this makes me sad.

My really underdeveloped idea is that we should get a staff/polearm that shifts forms with our spec, while giving us an awesome proc/stacking buff depending on which form we are in.

This would allow feral druids to finally have some orange love, while not restricting an entire legendary to such an underplayed spec on a specific class.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Paladin
Druid/Monk Legendary staff

I'm down.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

I'm down.

That'd work out nicely since the 'hybridization' of the staff would translate well with the monk's diversity.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
say you can get an extra quest for shamans to break it in half to make 2 maces and i'd be down. ;D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
11/25/2011 12:51 PMPosted by Derra
say you can get an extra quest for shamans to break it in half to make 2 maces and i'd be down. ;D

IT COULD BE NATURE RELATED.

Since Druid/monk/shaman are all kinda in-tune with nature and stuff...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Bump for new readers and their opinions.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
11/25/2011 04:09 PMPosted by Coleslaw
Druids had a legendary in Vanilla, WotLK, and Cata.

Read the OP
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid

Not for Feral. Unless you're counting Sulfurus as a legendary for Feral druids, which we were NEVER first pick for.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Sulfurus was a strength weapon anyway, it was never really "good" for feral, Barb of the Sand Reaver or Mace of Unending Life were the choices, though The Unstoppable Force was a common "feral" strength weapon for those that couldn't get the ones listed previously.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Feral druids did not. However, I suggested it not be for JUST ferals, as they are underrepresented as a spec.

However, they make it less and less appealing to play the class as we continue down the road of WoW expansions :P

I just want a weapon that matches my class color! (So clever :o)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is a welcome idea now that hunters are getting rid of staffs now. So now it will be more balanced. I am all for a Monk/feral/Enh staff/mace
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Shape shifting weapon for a shape shifting class? >.>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You got fire kitty, that thing might as well have been a legendary.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
11/25/2011 05:13 PMPosted by Drede
Shape shifting weapon for a shape shifting class? >.>

Don't lie, it'd be cool.

You got fire kitty, that thing might as well have been a legendary.

Except, that was just for Feral dps. As a bear tank, you don't turn into an awesome bear of fire.

Plus, I take that neat cosmetic addition as Blizzard's way of saying: "Hey cats, we gonna make sure you do sub-optimal dps on all fights cuz you can't shred, but at least you gonna look hawt."
Edited by Yggdrassiel on 11/25/2011 5:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

I'm down.

Agreed
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Just want some sweet sweet orange lovin.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Posting on my main for this one.

I would totally go back to feral if this were to happen.

It can be something like a long quest chain, and to redeem it for the final form of the weapon, Cenarius/Malfurion crafts it for you - a staff or whatever combo best suited for the spec/class redeeming it, as the case of Broxigar. (http://www.wowpedia.org/Broxigar)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Sulfurus was a strength weapon anyway, it was never really "good" for feral, Barb of the Sand Reaver or Mace of Unending Life were the choices, though The Unstoppable Force was a common "feral" strength weapon for those that couldn't get the ones listed previously.

Wait, Druids got to play as anything other than Resto in Vanilla? News to me...

Yeah...we were just made fun of, like ret pallies. Though, back then you could play anything if you played it right. It wasn't the numbers that mattered, it was the group coordination.

I played feral dps up until about 2 weeks ago, when I came back to the game and got asked to bear tank.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]