Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

Community Manager
11/29/2011 04:23 PMPosted by Hircine
So we can't use our gear we currently own, and have to wait for identical gear to be implemented..

Right, since we can't determine when the gear was purchased it's necessary to buy the new gear that is already implemented, should you have the required FoS.
55 Dwarf Death Knight
Really?
13 Troll Mage
WHAT? So my toons from this account, which didn't exist in vanilla are not aloud to transmog items that they EARNED and already OWN? Where in gods name does this come from? Why in all that is holy(Priests and pallys that is) did this type of restriction even come to pass?!

11/29/2011 04:25 PMPosted by Bashiok
So we can't use our gear we currently own, and have to wait for identical gear to be implemented..

Right, since we can't determine when the gear was purchased it's necessary to buy the new gear that is already implemented, should you have the required FoS.

And those that don't have the FoS?
Edited by Jertzul on 11/29/2011 4:27 PM PST
79 Tauren Shaman
Really, people, the horse is dead so stop beating it- Blizz knows there's an issue and to expect an instant fix the day the patch releases is a bit much. Yes, I'm sure they've had reports of the issue for some time, but right now I'm sure they have plenty on their hands to fix that impacts the game a whole lot more than the appearance of items that is entirely optional. I was disappointed myself when I tried to use a 60 pvp shield's appearance and I wasn't able to, but eh, no big deal- return it to the vendor and check if it's a restriction or a bug. BUT either way, it's not going to change the way I play or make me /nerdragequit and post overly dramatic statements about how it's a SLAP IN THE FACE to not be able to use certain items presently.

The end result is, Blizz didn't HAVE to provide transmogging at ALL- it's an extra goodie thrown into the mix but it is definitely not a game-changer. If Blizz chooses to allow particular items, that's great- if not, just be happy with what you have and quit all the QQ.
90 Human Paladin
Should you just go and restrict all the drops while you're at it? Only people who got tier gear when it was top-end content can use it! Only people who obtained PvP items in their respective season can use them! Greens can only be used if they were looted within the level range of that content!

Did that sound stupid and restrictive? Because it's exactly the same as this situation.
Edited by Yeria on 11/29/2011 4:30 PM PST
13 Troll Mage
Really, people, the horse is dead so stop beating it- Blizz knows there's an issue and to expect an instant fix the day the patch releases is a bit much. Yes, I'm sure they've had reports of the issue for some time, but right now I'm sure they have plenty on their hands to fix that impacts the game a whole lot more than the appearance of items that is entirely optional. I was disappointed myself when I tried to use a 60 pvp shield's appearance and I wasn't able to, but eh, no big deal- return it to the vendor and check if it's a restriction or a bug. BUT either way, it's not going to change the way I play or make me /nerdragequit and post overly dramatic statements about how it's a SLAP IN THE FACE to not be able to use certain items presently.

The end result is, Blizz didn't HAVE to provide transmogging at ALL- it's an extra goodie thrown into the mix but it is definitely not a game-changer. If Blizz chooses to allow particular items, that's great- if not, just be happy with what you have and quit all the QQ.

Might want to catch up and read the blue post on page nine.

11/29/2011 04:24 PMPosted by Yeria
This gear has long since become obsolete. How does it make any bloody sense to restrict it in such a manner, for a system introduced to make our characters look how we want?

Exactly!

11/29/2011 04:28 PMPosted by Yeria
Should you just go and restrict all the drops while you're at it? Only people who got tier gear when it was top-end content can use it! Only people who obtained PvP items in their respective season can use them! Greens can only be used if they were looted within the level range of that content!

Yea! I worked hard at getting my Sang'thraze the Deflector at lvl 45 in ZF! Why should some lvl 85 nub that just decided to farm it be allowed to use it!?
Edited by Jertzul on 11/29/2011 4:30 PM PST
29 Blood Elf Paladin
This is a major fail, i support alot of the things you do, but this is insulting, that system was outdated years ago and your now punishing a massive player base who came in after that was removed. This blizzard is a pretty big fail.
11/29/2011 04:25 PMPosted by Bashiok

So how exactly can newer players get access? RBGs?
13 Troll Mage

Why does it matter? Why not just allow the original to be transmogged by EVERYone.

11/29/2011 04:31 PMPosted by Apriline

NO! because its the FoS for the OLD titles. NOT the new titles.
Edited by Jertzul on 11/29/2011 4:32 PM PST
29 Blood Elf Paladin

we cant those achievements aren't feats of strength, basically if you started playing wow in the last 3 years your screwed out of these armor pieces now.
64 Human Hunter
11/29/2011 04:28 PMPosted by Yeria

Exactly this is just plain stupid I mean I wasted all my honor through out the 60s so i would have this set to transmog when i hit 85 and I didn't "earn" it. Yeah right this is bull if I knew I wouldn't have been able to use this gear then I wouldn't have wasted my time doing bgs while lvling and I sure as hell wouldn't have transferred my warrior to alliance. Just plain stupid in every aspect.

Yet I didn't do Black Temple until cata when I was 85 yet I don't have to have that achievement? Stupid.
Seems rather ridiculous considering there are no restrictions on the PvE side
85 Blood Elf Paladin
That's... stupid. Extremely so. I am disappoint blizz. =/
85 Human Death Knight
This would be the kind of decision you would want to tell people BEFORE it goes live, you know, when you introduced the concept? Just saying "surprise" feels like a huge slap in the face.
13 Troll Mage
11/29/2011 04:35 PMPosted by Khayleth
That's... stupid. Extremely so. I am disappoint blizz. =/

I am as well. I feel like this is a huge let down. I'm really sad to see blizzard do this and while i very rarely become critical of blizzards choices this is one of the only big things ive been upset about since Real ID on the forums.... (I've been critcal of the transmog restrictions in general but this is above and beyond and incredibly upsetting.)

11/29/2011 11:23 AMPosted by Assant
Well, there goes my transmog for my pally...

And my warriors and shamans.
Edited by Jertzul on 11/29/2011 4:38 PM PST
90 Human Paladin

We should already HAVE access. It makes no sense to put this kind of !@#-backwards restriction on ancient gear, especially not gear that's so popular, and especially not to keep a long-dead reviled system from old days of WoW in play.
Edited by Yeria on 11/29/2011 4:38 PM PST
Feats of Strength achievements represent the past glories of Azeroth, and as such, they are very difficult — if not impossible — to earn. They are worth no points, and unlike normal achievements, unearned feats are not displayed in the achievements interface.

Feats of Strength were supposed to be fun little achievements not game impacting. I guess the next logical step is a shiny -new- charger for everyone who did the quest chain back in the day, etc, etc
29 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly considering this in no way affects game play why would you, blizzard, make such a discriminating choice, for those of us who joined after that system was removed your basically saying lol you cant do this now, sure we let you prep for it for weeks by grinding the peices only to lol not tell you about the fact that you cant use it cause your not a vanilla grinder.

Has to be the most class less idea i have seen to date on a purely aesthetic function. I mean you didnt even bother to make this clear to people the weeks we were asking about it on the ptr.

Bad form Blizzard. For the first time ever, Bad form.
Edited by Saigos on 11/29/2011 4:39 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I don't know about you all, but a full refund on ANY of the level 60 PvP items seems to be in order, here.

There's got to be tons of people that bought them intending to use them for transmog, and now they're useless.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]