Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

100 Human Paladin

Bad form Blizzard. For the first time ever, Bad form.

Not the first time, there was a RealID scandal and I have a feeling this has the potential to be just as big.
85 Human Warrior
This is a terrible decision, just sayin'
13 Troll Mage
Terrible idea, I wish i had known this BEFORE signing my 1 year pass.... Why wouldn't you (blizzard) have told us this BEFORE it went live rather than AFTER especially since it was reported to you many many times on the PTR?
29 Blood Elf Paladin

Bad form Blizzard. For the first time ever, Bad form.

Not the first time, there was a RealID scandal and I have a feeling this has the potential to be just as big.

The first time i have bad formed on them is my saying and i was around for the vanilla honor system, it was a pointless ego pissing contest back then, and now they have revived it. The whole point was to remove it for this very reason, it restricted these items to players who literally spent 12 hours a day in a BG. This choice to restrict the gear literally contradicts the whole reason fro removing the system
100 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 04:41 PMPosted by Jertzul
Terrible idea, I wish i had known this BEFORE signing my 1 year pass.... Why wouldn't you (blizzard) have told us this BEFORE it went live rather than AFTER especially since it was reported to you many many times on the PTR?

I even got to use it on the PTR then one day it stopped, also for some reason my armory model for my hammer shows the Grand Marshall's even though it's not.
85 Draenei Paladin
11/29/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Bashiok
The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

By this logic, all the tier gear that everybody is wearing should only be usable if they raided the original instance and got it then. Yet, exactly zero pieces of PvE gear (barring fish daggers and the like) are restricted in this fashion.

How does this make sense?
64 Human Hunter
I don't know about you all, but a full refund on ANY of the level 60 PvP items seems to be in order, here.

There's got to be tons of people that bought them intending to use them for transmog, and now they're useless.

You think thats bad I not only wasted all that honor but also wasted 30 dollars factions changing so my warrior could wear all gold, guess good ole blizz got me again huh?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2011 04:41 PMPosted by Jertzul

It worked fine on the PTR for a while, then all of a sudden I can't do it today. Senseless, utterly senseless.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Damit blizz, should have told me before I bought the full set, I want a refund, to be able to sell them back.

That rogue gear is the most night-elf looking leather gear in game, now I have to stick to looking like your averaage joe rogue instead of a night elf rogue. This also means I'm wearing gray instead of purple, so good bye darnassus tabard, I no longer carry your nation's colors.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
3 Words for you:
Blood Elf Paladin

The warlords gear IS the Blood Knight Gear. I farmed it up waaaay back early in Wrath when you still had to farm the tokens to buy it. Because it was that awesome. Since they announced transmog, what did I do. Farm bloody weapons to match it (if I ever see magister's terrace again it will be too soon). And now suddenly I can't use the gear I spent forever farming???
13 Troll Mage
I don't know about you all, but a full refund on ANY of the level 60 PvP items seems to be in order, here.

There's got to be tons of people that bought them intending to use them for transmog, and now they're useless.

I did. My transmogs are ALL pointless now.
85 Human Paladin
This would be the kind of decision you would want to tell people BEFORE it goes live, you know, when you introduced the concept? Just saying "surprise" feels like a huge slap in the face.

I personally love how Blizz seems to find ways of pulling Honor out of the system.... whether it be from the "conversion" mistake last time to having people purchase gear to use for Mogging that can not (and was never intended) be used.

Can you please point to the spot in this post where there was any mention of this?

Transmog Rule Post:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3196342583

Yet, exactly zero pieces of PvE gear (barring fish daggers and the like) are restricted in this fashion.

To be fair, in order to get most PvE BoPs off the bosses you have to have killed that boss.
Edited by Divinara on 11/29/2011 4:47 PM PST
100 Human Paladin

No a refund isn't in order, all players should be eligible.
85 Blood Elf Mage
well this is just what i need to help me make up my mind if i would keep playing WoW when GW2 came out.
90 Human Paladin
Damit blizz, should have told me before I bought the full set, I want a refund, to be able to sell them back.

That rogue gear is the most night-elf looking leather gear in game, now I have to stick to looking like your averaage joe rogue instead of a night elf rogue. This also means I'm wearing gray instead of purple, so good bye darnassus tabard, I no longer carry your nation's colors.

Forget about refunds.

What we want is for the items to be moggable.
85 Worgen Warrior
How could something this major be left off of the transmog rules unless the wool was meant to be pulled over our eyes.
90 Worgen Warrior
The items out in the world (Marshals, Grand Marshal’s, High Warlord, etc) that use the level 60 PvP art are un-transmogrifiable (including the item level 115 stuff that shares the name from Burning Crusade).

In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.

There was a bug with the Feat of Strength granting access to these items, but was hotfixed within the last couple of minutes. If you meet the criteria log out and back in and you should be able to access the vendor.

The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

In a future patch the items sold by the Area 52 vendors will also be renamed ‘Replica of’ to be more consistent with the items sold by the Darkmoon Faire – they’re currently exact duplicates of the original items that allow transmogrification, which is obviously a bit confusing.

Potentially related, since he’s in the same area, Kezzik the Striker sells inaccessible Season 1 Gladiator’s, Season 2 Merciless Gladiator’s, and Season 3 Vengeful Gladiator’s gear to all players, as the majority of that gear didn’t have restrictions.

I LOLed
Well, waiting for the replica then, kinda disappointed though, I kept that Field Marshall gear for the sole purpose of transmog, being Yellow Power Rangers is my lifelong dream :))
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]