Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

85 Draenei Death Knight
This is quite honestly the most asinine BS that has been implemented in the game period. To create a system that barrs players from a non gameplay impacting toy for the purpose of displaying an achievement earned from a grossly broken system seems rather shortsighted if not downright retarded.
85 Human Death Knight
Again, a bad decision. Put in a feature but don't let us use it. You could have colored them different so people knew it was a replica.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Very disappointed in Blizzard right now. I'm not usually one to come onto the forums and whine, but I have to back up the points people are making.

If you want to limit a specific gear set due to who got it back then, then you should limit all the gear sets, not just one.

Not informing people of this issue ahead of time, or replying to PTR comments in which this also took place, was also a horrible decision. I bought this PVP gear specifically for use, as it really is the only set I adore (and was pondering creating for the next Blizzcon Costume Contest), and now I can't use it? It's udder ridiculousness, and I hope you see how ridiculous it is as well.
13 Troll Mage
Damit blizz, should have told me before I bought the full set, I want a refund, to be able to sell them back.

That rogue gear is the most night-elf looking leather gear in game, now I have to stick to looking like your averaage joe rogue instead of a night elf rogue. This also means I'm wearing gray instead of purple, so good bye darnassus tabard, I no longer carry your nation's colors.

Forget about refunds.

What we want is for the items to be moggable.

Agreed. I could care less about refunds. My transmog sets are all now pointless and after spending months farming things i can't use any of what i want to due to them deciding that its a good idea to make an arbitrary and pointless restriction.
11/29/2011 04:45 PMPosted by Justserved
To create a system that barrs players from a non gameplay impacting toy for the purpose of displaying an achievement earned from a grossly broken system seems rather shortsighted if not downright retarded.
It's the basic model for the Freemium content other games provide
13 Troll Mage
I think this is a perfectly fine restriction.

The fact that so many people are so mad about it just makes it better.

Obvious troll.

11/29/2011 04:44 PMPosted by Hircine
How could something this major be left off of the transmog rules unless the wool was meant to be pulled over our eyes.

Considering that this was COMPLETELY left out of the transmog rules, when asked about and reported it on the PTR forums everyone was ignored, to now create such a HUGE restriction is pretty asinine.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What Yeria said.

So so disappointed with this.
90 Human Warlock
This is a terrible decision on Blizzard's part... I was really looking forward to using the level 60 pvp gear on my mage. Making old gear like this unusable defeats the ENTIRE purpose of transmogrification!

What is will Blizzard being so anti-fun?! It seems like whenever they introduce a neat new feature, it has to come with a bunch of restrictions to make it less fun.

For once just lighten up, Blizzard...
90 Goblin Warlock
Silly Blizzard. Most people who got those Feats of Strength have long since quit WoW.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/29/2011 04:46 PMPosted by Apriline
To create a system that barrs players from a non gameplay impacting toy for the purpose of displaying an achievement earned from a grossly broken system seems rather shortsighted if not downright retarded.

Except WoW is not only not free, it's prettty expensive.
This isn't what I signed up for when I signed for the annual pass. I signed up to show my dedication to Blizzard, not to have unannounced, drastic (to me) changes thrown at me. Had I known in advance? I might not've cared so much hunted more for a better weapon. But this just makes me feel cheated.
85 Blood Elf Mage
Please reconsider this idea. As other's have said and are saying, it's silly and unneeded. Level 60 Pvp gear is awesome, why restrict it to only a few people? Why only this set? Again, please don't do this.
90 Orc Rogue
Probably the stupidest thing I've ever head of. Why don't we restrict T2 to those who only did BWL while it was relevant, or Sunwell gear to only those who did Sunwell while it was relevant? Oh, right, because it would be asinine.
Dang Blizz, i guess as a Commander my hunter can go grab the rare set, i remember almost making FM but not bothering as the patch with the new honour system was being released the next week, it got postponed two weeks and i'd already lost too much honour by the time i realized, didn't matter at that point as i'd finally get my hands on the GM set when the patch hit.

I used that set, the same set i saw on a GM hunter sitting on his PvP cat outside SW as I, a newbie hunter made it to SW for the first time. That sight got me into the battlegrounds and has kept me in there ever since, every expansion, every honour system change, through every honour gear change / nerf as afker's came and went.

Since i outgrew my GM set when BC came out, it's been sitting in my bank, when i heard of the transmog feature i came back to the game after unsubbing for 6+ months, the chance to run around in the GM gear and sport my Rhok, even get sets for my alts that weren't even thought of back then.

Now this? Disappointed doesn't come close to covering it, I'd be curious as to how many old GM's still play to make the FoS requirement and new vendors a worthwhile development cost, let alone the fact this was your one chance to allow players to suit up in their faction specific armour and inspire some faction pride.

Please reconsider this, let all who pass lvl 60 use this gear for transmogging, it's a chance to make so many players happy, don't miss out on it
13 Troll Mage
11/29/2011 04:49 PMPosted by Alatär
For once just lighten up, Blizzard...

Its not just a "Lighten up" issue, its more of WHY would they do this?! High Warlords shield wall/Grand Marshall's Aegis come to mind, how many Grand Marshall or High warlord players are left? 3?

Except WoW is not only not free, it's prettty expensive.

Exactly we're not paying to still be barred from content.

Edit: Sticky Requested other players need to know about this.
Edited by Apriline on 11/29/2011 4:53 PM PST
29 Blood Elf Paladin
I think the biggest thing that burns me about this mess. Is that the ptr forums for US and EU were flooded with posts about this and they DIDNT MAKE A SINGLE REPLY. now bam its live and they go LOL YOU CANT DO THAT, after alot of people prepped for it.

That is just lazy, and down right disrespectful to your player base blizzard.
Edited by Saigos on 11/29/2011 4:54 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm not one of the people who "farmed so much", but I do have the set and was intending to use it for transmog on my pally since it IS the Blood Knight set for us.
I think this is a VERY bad decision on blizz's end, and I expect reimbursement in either the form of the honor i spent on the gear, the offpieces for it that i farmed/bought in the form of their cost or gold, and then some more for blizz not mentioning something so annoying that will obviously effect MANY people beforehand. Even if that "then some" is a WRITTEN APOLOGY. Not typed. Written, screenshotted, and posted on the blogs. OR that this HORRIBLE decision be reverted.
I won't say I'll quit over it, because I won't. I can tell you though that this decision will upset a LOT of players, to appease a few who, in all honestly, probably hardly care about the game anymore anyway.
11/29/2011 04:53 PMPosted by Saigos
down right disrespectful to your player base blizzard.
It is disrespectful that's why we need to get loud now and let Blizzard know this is not okay.
90 Worgen Hunter
With this whole transmogrifying thing, Blizzard probably should've done up a whole bunch of pre-set gear for players to choose from to change their entire appearance. Then we wouldn't have some of the awkward sets that are showing up because people are missing a piece.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]