Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

72 Tauren Paladin
So, you don't find this decision ridiculous at all? It seems like an odd decision to limit this armor (How many people even have that FoS?) For most Horde Paladins, (and Alliance Shamans) that means we should just stare at the gear and think "If only I had rolled the opposite side when I first began playing and then later given you a large sum of money to swap over!"

This strikes me as an extremely silly decision when absolutely nothing else was implemented in the transmog rules that is even similar. I suppose I'll hold onto this gear if you ever change your mind (sometimes It feels like the guy who makes decisions has split personalities) and hope that the collective displeasure is enough to change your minds.
85 Human Priest
So first you ignore everyone on the PTRs, and then exclude the gear when it's Live. When you finally address the issue seeing how big it is, you make it available, but only to people with the Feat of Strength....making it STILL unavailable. Instead of changing it to that, you SHOULD of just made it available to everyone. Problem would've been solved. >.>
13 Troll Mage
I don't know about you all, but a full refund on ANY of the level 60 PvP items seems to be in order, here.

There's got to be tons of people that bought them intending to use them for transmog, and now they're useless.

I wouldn't be satisfied with a refund and I think quite a few agree, in fact the idea that "tons of people" bought these just for transmog should show that this decision isn't very sound.

Not only that but their atittude of hiding it until release is upsetting. They made this choice on the PTR when the 60pvp gear was no longer transmogable but yet they hid it from us... thats upsetting.
29 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2011 05:07 PMPosted by Jaaman
you guys mad?

Get out troll.
85 Worgen Warrior
11/29/2011 05:08 PMPosted by Jertzul
They made this choice on the PTR when the 60pvp gear was no longer transmogable but yet they hid it from us... thats upsetting.

This, this is the crux of the issue. It is underhanded and disgusting that any company would treat their customers like this.
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 05:07 PMPosted by Liedel
the idea that "tons of people" bought these just for transmog should show that this decision isn't very sound

Seems to me, the fact that tons of people bought these just for transmog is an excellent reason for this decision.

When everybody is "special," then nobody is.

And why should that be a problem? This is for people to look how they want, for their own entertainment.

Should we restrict Judgement gear because so many paladins are going to be using it? Should we restrict the starter DK gear because they like it so much?
85 Night Elf Druid
All the points I can think of were already spoken so I'll just add to Blizz: make it available please.
85 Human Paladin
This to me still doesn't make sense. Why is it only the lvl 60 pvp gear. I feel sad because I went out and bought the set for today and now I can't use it. :(
13 Troll Mage
the idea that "tons of people" bought these just for transmog should show that this decision isn't very sound

Seems to me, the fact that tons of people bought these just for transmog is an excellent reason for this decision.

Or people could be special in their real life and stop requiring a game to make them feel good about themselves. Or people could be special by feeling good about their personal achievements and not base their value on what other people can do, can own and can use.
100 Human Paladin

Were that the case but the fact that we've been going tier after tier after tier of everyone wearing the same gear suggests that if that were Blizzard's Concern transmogrification would've been a much higher priority or at least that this change would've been mentioned prior.

Edit: Also feeling special is what we have titles for.
Edited by Apriline on 11/29/2011 5:11 PM PST
70 Orc Hunter
BC
The items out in the world (Marshals, Grand Marshal’s, High Warlord, etc) that use the level 60 PvP art are un-transmogrifiable (including the item level 115 stuff that shares the name from Burning Crusade).

In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.

There was a bug with the Feat of Strength granting access to these items, but was hotfixed within the last couple of minutes. If you meet the criteria log out and back in and you should be able to access the vendor.

The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

In a future patch the items sold by the Area 52 vendors will also be renamed ‘Replica of’ to be more consistent with the items sold by the Darkmoon Faire – they’re currently exact duplicates of the original items that allow transmogrification, which is obviously a bit confusing.

Potentially related, since he’s in the same area, Kezzik the Striker sells inaccessible Season 1 Gladiator’s, Season 2 Merciless Gladiator’s, and Season 3 Vengeful Gladiator’s gear to all players, as the majority of that gear didn’t have restrictions.

Ok. so if i wanted to show off my rank 10 champion set that i still have in my bank from vanilla. i could. BUT as i am only a rank 10 champion. do i not have access to the HWL art version that i also farmed at the end of vanilla?
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
For all you people complaining, too bad. Clearly none of you have ANY idea just how difficult it was to get those titles in the beginning. I wasn't there myself, but my sister has her Grand Marshall title. And she pretty much spent 20 hours a day in front of her computer for a month. (yes, I thought it was a bit much myself). But since they aren't letting Legendary items be transmogged, I'm not remotely surprised they aren't letting the pvp weapons either.
85 Blood Elf Warrior

In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.

Wow, you guys are jerks.
90 Human Paladin
Hahaha!!

Oh, that's priceless.
90 Human Warlock
This is just ridiculous.
If you are going to put limitations on this gear, why not every other piece of gear in the game?
Why are you able to transmog Tier 1 gear without doing MC at level 60?

You are supposed to be making this game better, but in reality, you are just pissing EVERYONE off.

It's no wonder why the player base of this game is RAPIDLY slipping.
100 Night Elf Druid
/vent on
Unbelievable. Impossible. Is this some kind of a joke? A nightmare? How is it possible for Blizzard to have such arrogance?! This is by far the most grotesque 'abuse' ever. How can Bashiok make those comments with no hint of remorse or sensitivity for this sudden news? We already spent COUNTLESS HOURS preparing those items!!

People have spent countless hours 'shopping' and spending honor on those lvl 60 items. They made a great effort, and now they are denied. The blue posts are a smack in the face. I would cancel my accounts if I hadn't already committed to one year for the free Diablo :-( I didn't expect Blizzard to 'abuse' me in this way. There are not sufficient words to express my level of disappointment.
/vent off

Seriously. This needs to be reversed. Stupid idea. Bad implementation. No proper warning. Insanely disrespectful to the player base.
85 Night Elf Druid
Blues said the achievement system wouldn't award people. Here we are a couple years later and not only is it awarding gear, it's taking it from others.
29 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2011 05:11 PMPosted by Jazzan
For all you people complaining, too bad. Clearly none of you have ANY idea just how difficult it was to get those titles in the beginning. I wasn't there myself, but my sister has her Grand Marshall title. And she pretty much spent 20 hours a day in front of her computer for a month. (yes, I thought it was a bit much myself). But since they aren't letting Legendary items be transmogged, I'm not remotely surprised they aren't letting the pvp weapons either.

Your missing the point apparently. The entire reason that system was removed was because they wanted to open up the avalabitly to access these items. And now they are basically screwing that into the ground with this policy.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2011 05:11 PMPosted by Jertzul
Or people could be special in their real life and stop requiring a game to make them feel good about themselves. Or people could be special by feeling good about their personal achievements and not base their value on what other people can do, can own and can use.

If this is your stance, then why does this announcement bother you so much?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]