Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

13 Troll Mage
11/29/2011 05:12 PMPosted by Proxify
You're being punished for not getting the title in vanilla. Get over it.

This account didn't exist in vanilla. They lied and didn't include this in the restrictions as posted. There are a ton of problems with this.
85 Human Priest
Could have at least put it in the rules that the gear wouldn't be transmoggable.
29 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2011 05:12 PMPosted by Proxify
You're being punished for not getting the title in vanilla. Get over it.

Get out troll.
85 Worgen Druid
In my entire time playing, I've only ever seen a few handfuls of people with the vanilla tag. This is totally ridiculous.
100 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 05:11 PMPosted by Jazzan
For all you people complaining, too bad. Clearly none of you have ANY idea just how difficult it was to get those titles in the beginning.

Great! she can keep her title

. But since they aren't letting Legendary items be transmogged, I'm not remotely surprised they aren't letting the pvp weapons either.

That may be because legendary items are supposed to be (at least lore wise) only 1 in existance.
2 Undead Priest
My vanilla character has the PVP rank required to buy this, along with full tier 3. When I rerolled to play Horde, I missed my full tier 3 set every single day, especially when news of transmorgification hit. I consoled myself with the fact I would be able to wear the PVP epic set, which is the only set I want to wear.

Now you're telling me that even though I've put in the effort, I can't have the only set I want to wear on the character I play the most? Not only that, you're banning the iconic PVP sets from everyone, because they didn't earn the right to wear them in vanilla.

If that's the case, then no one should be allowed to wear any tier 1 or 2 gear they acquired after Burning Crusade launched. After all, they didn't earn it, did they? They're even more iconic than the PVP sets in some cases - if I can't wear my epic PVP set, then why can they wear tier gear? I suppose it's because you can't track when they earned it, right? If that's the case, then you have no right to ban PVP sets under some badly thought out pretense of "FOS or GTFO."

I put up with a lot of annoying things from Blizzard [costume items not overwriting feral forms, for one], but this just takes the cake. It's completely biased for a totally asinine reason, and I hope it gets changed so that EVERYONE can enjoy whatever transmorgification set they want to enjoy.

Frankly, I'm so disgusted with this I have no desire to play this game anymore, and I've been playing since launch.
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 05:11 PMPosted by Jazzan
For all you people complaining, too bad. Clearly none of you have ANY idea just how difficult it was to get those titles in the beginning. I wasn't there myself, but my sister has her Grand Marshall title. And she pretty much spent 20 hours a day in front of her computer for a month. (yes, I thought it was a bit much myself). But since they aren't letting Legendary items be transmogged, I'm not remotely surprised they aren't letting the pvp weapons either.

We know how hard it was.

That's why the system was axed.

They cut out the system, made the gear accessible, opted for a system that didn't require poopsocking, and then... revived the abhorrent corpse of the system for a new toy meant solely for cosmetic entertainment.
90 Worgen Mage
Gotta say this is pretty epic fail on Blizzards part...way to conceal your plans regarding these items from us then drop the ball AFTER the list of what is and isn't transmogable was released and only after the patch goes live....this is really bad PR Blizzard and it's a slap in the face to everyone who came in after Vanilla WoW was gone, which is a pretty decent chunk of your playerbase.
90 Human Warrior
[quote]
When everybody is "special," then nobody is.

Valid point, I didn't appreciate everyone running around with GM and HWL gear before the launch of BC, when in fact I had the GM rank and they did not.
90 Orc Hunter
Dear god, no wonder they never responded to any of the posts on the PTR.

They knew there was gonna be major backlash over this and were just hoping to sneak it in, why... god knows,
55 Dwarf Death Knight
PVP Honor 60 gear is going to be pretty awesome at 85 now. =D

OLDSCHOOL!
Edited by Cabal on 11/29/2011 5:17 PM PST
29 Blood Elf Paladin
The sheer fact that this thread had gained almost 10 pages in less then an hour since the "plan" was revealed speak son how the community , as a majority, feels about this poor direction.
13 Troll Mage
11/29/2011 05:14 PMPosted by Liedel
Or people could be special in their real life and stop requiring a game to make them feel good about themselves. Or people could be special by feeling good about their personal achievements and not base their value on what other people can do, can own and can use.

If this is your stance, then why does this announcement bother you so much?

Because I want to use MY shield that i BOUGHT, EARNED and can EQUIP for transmog because thats the shield i want MY warrior to use for MY enjoyment.
100 Human Priest
I wasn't planning to use that gear anyway so I don't personally care, BUT this is the kind of thing it would be really, really good to announce in advance....
85 Night Elf Hunter
I personally don't like the old Hunter set, so I have no horse in that race.

That being said, there was no heads up for this, no announcement...just a "Oh, yeah, last second absurd rule. Deal with it".

Pretty lame guys.
85 Gnome Mage
Anyone who thinks acquiring this gear was difficult in terms of skill didn't actually play this game in vanilla.
Well, if you do make replicas or whatever, can you please make this palette available to Paladins?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/artwork/wow-classes?keywords=&view#/paladin01

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/wallpapers/other?view#/battlegrounds2

(For a more in-depth discussion of why I want this, you can check out my PTR post:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3278814798 )
Edited by James on 11/29/2011 5:19 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 05:18 PMPosted by Ehcks
And those that don't have the FoS?

Don't deserve it.

And why do we need to "deserve" a cosmetic toy, mac?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]