Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

29 Blood Elf Paladin
Dear god, no wonder they never responded to any of the posts on the PTR.

They knew there was gonna be major backlash over this and were just hoping to sneak it in, why... god knows,

If this was their mind set, after all the posts on the EU and US forums, then they are really losing their touch with the players, there was no way this was going to go unnoticed, hell i even told people on the forums that once this hit live that the !@#$ was going to hit the fan.
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Absolutely ridiculous! I am so disappointed. Who cares how many people would be running around in the armor? 1. The whole point of transmog is so people can customize their armor to how THEY want. 2. what about all the other sets in the game? I am sure this isn't the only set people had set aside for transmog.. and 3. why on earth are they restricting this, yet they don't restrict the raiding gear people spent hours upon hours getting back in the day? This is a ridiculous decision. So bloody ridiculous...
Players who did this back in Vanilla already have a feat of strength as well as an appropriate title (I'd imagine). Can't you just leave it at that?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2011 05:17 PMPosted by Kevyne
But if players have the gear already, not letting them wear it now, just isn't right.

You can wear it all you like. You just cannot transmogrify it.
60 Worgen Druid
11/29/2011 04:23 PMPosted by Hircine
So we can't use our gear we currently own, and have to wait for identical gear to be implemented..

This is off-topic, but I must say that you have a most excellent name, dude.
85 Tauren Paladin
This is absurd. Can i get my honor back for the level 60 pvp set i bought? I guess if you didn't play in vanilla this game isn't for you, no wonder you guys keep losing subs and aren't getting any new ones. Finally, a good idea but more assinine restrictions make it completely useless.
I got to Stone Guard, why can't I at least buy the shoulders? The FoS shows I was able to buy them back in Classic.
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 05:19 PMPosted by Liedel
But if players have the gear already, not letting them wear it now, just isn't right.

And that's nonsensical, was his point, mac.
85 Dwarf Paladin
Whew! That was a close one. I was so worried that they just somehow arbitrarily decided that you could not look like the early season gear ever.

I too had bought all the gear right before the patch. It was like 300 some odd honor, really not an issue. I am a little disappointed i cant refund it for the honor now, but no biggie.

Since i have the Lietenant-Commander title i was able to buy the new stuff and transmogged successful.

I am actually ok with this.

PS: Transmogging really isnt as expensive as i thought it would be, it was only like 88g to do the whole set.

But there's really no reason -not- to be able to transmog it. As many have stated prior there are no restrictions on PvE sets being available that were gained after that gear's prime time had come and passed there's really no reason for this singling out.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Very disappointed in Blizzard for pulling this stunt...

Was looking forward to looking like an actual BE Pally Blood knight...
13 Troll Mage
11/29/2011 05:18 PMPosted by Ehcks
And those that don't have the FoS?

Don't deserve it.

I could buy it in vanilla and use it in vanilla with out the HWL/GM title. What now?

I can buy it now and use it now on my lvl 60 shammy. What now?

I can buy it and run instances with, pvp with it, carry it around and have been able to for YEARS...

What now?
85 Tauren Druid
11/29/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Bashiok
The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

...What?

Doesn't making T3 / the dungeon sets available to people again kind of go against this methos?
29 Blood Elf Paladin

Your bordering on trolling, get out.
90 Draenei Paladin
What the freaking hell is the logic behind this?

NO other set of armor from any era is getting this treatment, why the ancient relics that are the first PVP sets? How many people do you think are even still around to enjoy this?

Why does the DMF grant access to old PVE sets without limitation? Why don't I need some sort of ridiculous achievement to wear my Tier 4? The hell makes these armor sets so special that they must be limited to the few players that are still playing from back then on the exact same toon with the proper achievement to use the armor?

This is ridiculous and goes completely against everything we've been told about the Transmog system, put limits like this on all armor or remove it from these. What's worse is we had to wait till patch day to find out about this.

And before anyone tears into me about how I should have "earned" it myself back then if I wanted to wear it I have no desire to wear any of that gear, but that doesn't make that restriction right.

I want my Sanctified Tier 10 set limited to people who killed the Lich King before the Cata Patch then, since we need to preserve special snowflakes evidently.
85 Night Elf Druid
11/29/2011 04:37 PMPosted by Yeria
We should already HAVE access. It makes no sense to put this kind of !@#-backwards restriction on ancient gear, especially not gear that's so popular, and especially not to keep a long-dead reviled system from old days of WoW in play.

emptyquote
85 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 04:38 PMPosted by Apriline
Feats of Strength were supposed to be fun little achievements not game impacting.

Not that i'm for the idea blizz has come up with this (im only a knight-lt damn it!) but the ability to transmog your gear doenst affect its stats or bonus', so it isnt game impacting.
85 Human Paladin
So long story short, the grand marshals gear I bought a few months back to transmog is worthless, and Blizz isn't allowing 99% of their playerbase the option to use one of the best looking sets ever made?
55 Dwarf Death Knight
Whew! That was a close one. I was so worried that they just somehow arbitrarily decided that you could not look like the early season gear ever.

I too had bought all the gear right before the patch. It was like 300 some odd honor, really not an issue. I am a little disappointed i cant refund it for the honor now, but no biggie.

Since i have the Lietenant-Commander title i was able to buy the new stuff and transmogged successful.

I am actually ok with this.

PS: Transmogging really isnt as expensive as i thought it would be, it was only like 88g to do the whole set.

/salute my friend. Wear it proudly!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]