Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

90 Human Warrior
@Yeria, your character paper doll has the Field Marshal shoulders. Trickery!
81 Tauren Hunter
They nerf raid content every tier/expansion, put the items on vendors/keep the mounts in even after the content is outdated and they're easy to get, but when I want to transmog a PvP set they say "Nope. Had to have gotten it back then.".

Make up your frackin' minds.
85 Night Elf Warrior
I believe I speak for virtually everyone around here when I say the following:

"What...the...****?! Seriously."
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 05:22 PMPosted by Pun
Feats of Strength were supposed to be fun little achievements not game impacting.

Not that i'm for the idea blizz has come up with this (im only a knight-lt damn it!) but the ability to transmog your gear doenst affect its stats or bonus', so it isnt game impacting.

A game is meant for fun.

This tool was added for fun.

This retarded restriction is anti-fun.

So yes, it's game-impacting.
So because I have a feat of strength I should get special treatment, all the people who didn't quest for their Charger's should get new shoddy looking ones for only I deserve to ride this golden plated beauty.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2011 05:21 PMPosted by Saigos
Your bordering on trolling, get out.

Doesn't seem you've added much to the discussion aside from calling people trolls. Perhaps you should consider getting out.
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 05:22 PMPosted by Toutprest
@Yeria, your character paper doll has the Field Marshal shoulders. Trickery!

I logged out in the actual item last night. Not sure why it hasn't updated to my current gear since I logged on and out earlier and put on my usual stuff. Especially since my armory has my actual items equipped in the slots, but not in the display.

But eh. For a couple weeks my character was a dude for some reason.
Edited by Yeria on 11/29/2011 5:25 PM PST
29 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2011 05:23 PMPosted by Liedel
Your bordering on trolling, get out.

Doesn't seem you've added much to the discussion aside from calling people trolls. Perhaps you should consider getting out.

If you had been here since this thread started youd see otherwise. All your doing is trying to instigate an argument.
85 Dwarf Shaman
The reasoning here makes little sense.

Old PvP titles were recycled for RBG's because they were coveted by newer players, and because the old honor system "was unhealthy and all about hours played instead of skill, anyway," so they didn't need to stay exclusive. (I'm paraphrasing blue posts--now lost on the old forums--that played down the value of the old titles in response to disgruntled vet players who wanted them to stay Feats of Strength).

But now the old honor system has been deemed "relentlessly difficult" and the players with the old titles are rewarded with gear looks that have been available for an absolute trifling effort for the past several years?

I'm not at all against the players with the old high-end PvP ranks getting something visually unique to display. I'm just baffled why it's xmog skins from very common gear that many people (not myself) were hoping to use. This all seems a bit arbitrary and inconsistent, especially considering that there's no corresponding benefit for hardcore raiders of yore.
85 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 05:21 PMPosted by Nibrazi
The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

This doesn't make sense, as, not only does the knight and marshals paladin gear look exactly the same, but if you already have it from the vendors, you can already wear it, but not transmog it. So your only limiting the "art style" to useful gear lookalikes.

Do any marshals from back in the day (that still play) even care? If they don't, why should blizz?
Edited by Pun on 11/29/2011 5:27 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
I usually try to support you guys. I'm afraid I can't this time, though. This is a jerk move, Blizz.
87 Night Elf Rogue
Soooo I wasted hours farming honor on my lock for the warlord shoulders. Joy. NONE of the other shoulders match nearly as well with what I had picked out.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
We should already HAVE access. It makes no sense to put this kind of !@#-backwards restriction on ancient gear, especially not gear that's so popular, and especially not to keep a long-dead reviled system from old days of WoW in play.

This
90 Gnome Mage
I really wanted to wear this because imo it's just perfect. Why can anybody buy the pieces and run around in them (just not transmog) if they are so prestigeous and reserved for the few?

If they do replicas I hope it's the same color because I'm arcane. That's why I like purple.
90 Draenei Paladin
11/29/2011 05:23 PMPosted by Apriline
So because I have a feat of strength I should get special treatment, all the people who didn't quest for their Charger's should get new shoddy looking ones for only I deserve to ride this golden plated beauty.

Hilarious, I did the quest for that charger @ 60, before going to Outlands, and it was still taken away and replaced with an Elekk.

RE: level 60 pvp gear

Little disappointed, but not sure I would've ever bought any of the stuff for transmogging anyway. If it had been stated from the very beginning, "level 60 pvp gear will not be available for transmogging unless you were eligible for that gear during vanilla," there'd be less uproar. Still some, 'cause it doesn't match up with the lack of restrictions on the other PvP/PvE gear sets, but it would have at least saved some players the (comparatively small) effort of collecting it for trasmogging purposes.
85 Human Death Knight
I'm okay with it.
90 Human Paladin
While I'm thrilled I made the cut-off, I've got some words to type.

There was thread after thread about this on the PTR. No response about it until now. Come on, Blizz.

Secondly, don't take it upon yourselves to exclude the good folk in this thread by invoking my name or on my behalf. My ego is under no delusions about the Olde Tyme honor system. Relentlessly difficult? I heartily disagree. My rank was obtained merely by persistence. Even the "uh oh, better hit dispel" boss encounters of Molten Core required more of me than getting Trinket/PoM/Pyro'd in WSG, and certainly as much persistence considering there were several people to roll against, and assuming the gear even dropped that week. Yet tier 1 has no restrictions.

If I ever thought that people were going to worship me like a god because I PvP'd 6 years ago, I've got a title I can flash around. These people spent real time in battlegrounds getting the points necessary to buy this gear. If you didn't want just anybody grabbing this gear then it should have disappeared from vendors in November 2006.

Locking out these people now from fully utilizing this gear, their gear; it ain't right.
13 Troll Mage
11/29/2011 05:26 PMPosted by Avellen
I usually try to support you guys. I'm afraid I can't this time, though. This is a jerk move, Blizz.

Plain and simple. While a blunt and rather rude comment it really is the truth.
76 Tauren Hunter
11/29/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Bashiok
The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

As someone with a Legionnaire AND a Knight-Captain among my ranks I'm finding it impossible not to feel a bit smug about this. Why not throw a bone to old timers who put in some elbow grease oh so many years ago, especially when the bone is PURELY COSMETIC?

In any case, there are countless great looks waiting to be discovered and implemented. The best outfits will no doubt NOT be pure T##, many of which are clunky, pretentious, gaudy, or downright hideous. I'm confident the best looking toons in WoW will be using a calculated mix of gear from all eras and sources.

90 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 05:30 PMPosted by Hexxüs
I'm okay with it.

That's 'cause you don't even have a 60 PvP set to complain about. :(

But you SHOULD still be disturbed by the fact that this is nonsensical, goes against the entire direction of the game, for a COSMETIC TOY no less, and that they utterly ignored this for an entire month.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]