Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

100 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 05:59 PMPosted by Chroesire
Here's my guess: they were initially going to allow mogging of these PvP sets by everyone, but when they discovered it caused issues with the character recustomize system (Alliance --> Horde or vice versa), they decided to push the patch live without fixing it and play it all off as a perk for PvP veterans.
I was able to faction change on the PTR without incident when I was mogged with it also if that were the case, wouldn't they bar T9?
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 05:57 PMPosted by Njord
Sounds wrong, doesn't it? All of the above are purely cosmetic. The mount or titles don't confer an advantage in Cata, the recipe is long outdated, and the weapons are weaker than some blues you can get off bosses in 60-62 5-mans in Outland.

Those restrictions gave access to items that only people who met them could use. None of those items were given use in a future addition either. PvP items were made available to EVERYONE, and before that were often obtained by people who did the grind just for the title anyway. The title they can still use, and was made available to more people because Blizzard themselves think the old system was bad.
85 Draenei Death Knight
11/29/2011 05:59 PMPosted by Chroesire
Here's my guess: they were initially going to allow mogging of these PvP sets by everyone, but when they discovered it caused issues with the character recustomize system (Alliance --> Horde or vice versa), they decided to push the patch live without fixing it and play it all off as a perk for PvP veterans.

As retarded as this would make the devs look, I would much rather that they admit this than seriosuly go through with this BS. Though a wrench in your theory, in the early PTR, I faction changed my char multiple times with the 60 pvp gear mogged with no snag.
Edited by Justserved on 11/29/2011 6:02 PM PST
90 Undead Warrior
This is a pretty shady move Blizzard, and this is coming from someone who actually benefited from the change. I was thinking about using the Warlord's gear on my Warrior, but I was too lazy to farm the honor out to buy the pieces. Since said Warrior has the FoS, I can just buy them with gold now!

However, you screwed over all the people who farmed honor for the gear in the last couple of months by choosing today to announce it.
65 Draenei Death Knight
I can't have a Scarab Lord title on this toon, no matter how much I try. I can't have the SL weapons, I can't have the SL mount. Why not give me the SL title for killing some bugs in Silithus at 85? Why not give the mount a 100% drop chance off trash in AQ40? Why not implement a quest that gives me Dirge's Chops and the weapons?

And while we're at it, why can't I get a Spirit of Competition because I was in Iraq when you handed them out and didn't get one. And a competitor's tabard.

I also want to have an original armored bear. And a few original titles. After all, I too killed those bosses.

Sounds wrong, doesn't it? All of the above are purely cosmetic. The mount or titles don't confer an advantage in Cata, the recipe is long outdated, and the weapons are weaker than some blues you can get off bosses in 60-62 5-mans in Outland.

I am proud of my Legionnaire on this toon and my various 9-12 ranks on others. Since I am feral it makes no difference what I wear since no one ever sees it, but that's besides the point. What's at point is that if everyone gets to look like a HWL I'd like to look like a Scarab Lord and get my mount.
What sort of gear dictates a scarab lord? Or is it just a title and mount?

Also, considering that you can still get the gear, his argument is basically useless. I can get the gear, wear the gear, but I can't transmog the gear. Makes no sense.

(That being said, I've got no boat in this regatta. I hate the level 60 PVP gear. XD I've been waiting for transmog to hit so I can hide it. <3 To each their own. I still think this is such a bad faith move on Blizzard's part.)
85 Human Rogue
Horse dung! You guys knew that a lot of players were looking forward to putting on the classic stuff. This is a major slight of hand to get ppl excited and then take it away.
Edited by Xeridus on 11/29/2011 6:04 PM PST
90 Draenei Warrior
Lies by omission are still lies.

Blizzard, for all intents and purposes, lied to the player base about what would make items unusable for Transmog.

They could have answered the questions posted on the PTR about this but instead decided to ignore the issue. Then they posted a response and ran from the forum like children caught breaking a vase.

Lies and lack of communication...what a great way to stop that nasty bleeding of sub numbers. I mean, let's face it, good customer service and consistent rules and policy would just make the player base absolutely furious, wouldn't it?

I think much of the frustration comes exactly from this fact. The majority would have been understanding had Blizzard put this restriction in the original transmog rules, or made a new note afterwards, or even responded to the many PTR bug reports/discussions. But the fact that this issue was around for a long time and Blizzard simply ignored it, is unprofessional.

The other fact that causes much frustration is that Blizzard has put much effort into making gear available through the new DMF, but at the same time, they also put effort into making the level 60 PvP gear unavailable.

I am frustrated and annoyed by this illogical solution. T3 is not available because the instance does not exist anymore in the game. But the level 60 PvP gear is still available, purchasable, and usable. There may be technical issues involved, however technical issues should be resolved as best as possible with the customer's interests and desires in mind.
100 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 06:04 PMPosted by Xeridus
Horse dung! You guys knew that a lot of players were looking forward to putting on the classic stuff. This is a major slight of hand to get ppl excited and then take it away.
Thinking back didn't one of the promotional pictures for Transmog show GM and HWL? Or was it just PvE gear?
90 Human Paladin
What I'm saying is there are people who subbed/resubbed for features released in this patch. This costs money. Clearly this particular feature wasn't communicated to the consumer correctly and it needs to be fixed so that you can mog the gear...so we know we can trust the company to come good when they fail.

Otherwise you get people who lose confidence and move on to another product. Just take the bullet and fix it and next time you want to make a pointless decision like this, just to do it, at least announce it to the public where we can actually see it next time.
3 Worgen Druid
The items out in the world (Marshals, Grand Marshal’s, High Warlord, etc) that use the level 60 PvP art are un-transmogrifiable (including the item level 115 stuff that shares the name from Burning Crusade).

In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.

There was a bug with the Feat of Strength granting access to these items, but was hotfixed within the last couple of minutes. If you meet the criteria log out and back in and you should be able to access the vendor.

The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

In a future patch the items sold by the Area 52 vendors will also be renamed ‘Replica of’ to be more consistent with the items sold by the Darkmoon Faire – they’re currently exact duplicates of the original items that allow transmogrification, which is obviously a bit confusing.

Potentially related, since he’s in the same area, Kezzik the Striker sells inaccessible Season 1 Gladiator’s, Season 2 Merciless Gladiator’s, and Season 3 Vengeful Gladiator’s gear to all players, as the majority of that gear didn’t have restrictions

Good. Even though I'm not one of the few remaining who went through the trouble to get those ranks, I approve of this. They've been asking for some sort of distinction from the RBG players for a while, and I think this was the perfect answer. It doesn't hurt the gameplay, and its completely justified.
13 Troll Mage
This is a pretty shady move Blizzard, and this is coming from someone who actually benefited from the change. I was thinking about using the Warlord's gear on my Warrior, but I was too lazy to farm the honor out to buy the pieces. Since said Warrior has the FoS, I can just buy them with gold now!

However, you screwed over all the people who farmed honor for the gear in the last couple of months by choosing today to announce it.

Agreed. I think its asinine that they have choosen to favor the 1% or less of players over the majority of their player base. Blizzard is losing subs and yet they choose not to do things that favor the new players and refusing to allow the new players who are choosing whether they want to keep playing or not to have the ability to fully use their gear and this feature.
100 Human Paladin

Good. Even though I'm not one of the few remaining who went through the trouble to get those ranks, I approve of this. They've been asking for some sort of distinction from the RBG players for a while, and I think this was the perfect answer. It doesn't hurt the gameplay, and its completely justified.

Why? If this were truly a problem Blizzard shouldn't have given RBG's the titles and then shouldn't have given us the gear, it should be all or nothing and it's too late for blizz to turn back now.
11/29/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Apriline
Thinking back didn't one of the promotional pictures for Transmog show GM and HWL? Or was it just PvE gear?

I'm pretty sure there was PvP gear depicted in the promotional art. Can't seem to find it now though.
13 Troll Mage
The items out in the world (Marshals, Grand Marshal’s, High Warlord, etc) that use the level 60 PvP art are un-transmogrifiable (including the item level 115 stuff that shares the name from Burning Crusade).

In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.

There was a bug with the Feat of Strength granting access to these items, but was hotfixed within the last couple of minutes. If you meet the criteria log out and back in and you should be able to access the vendor.

The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

In a future patch the items sold by the Area 52 vendors will also be renamed ‘Replica of’ to be more consistent with the items sold by the Darkmoon Faire – they’re currently exact duplicates of the original items that allow transmogrification, which is obviously a bit confusing.

Potentially related, since he’s in the same area, Kezzik the Striker sells inaccessible Season 1 Gladiator’s, Season 2 Merciless Gladiator’s, and Season 3 Vengeful Gladiator’s gear to all players, as the majority of that gear didn’t have restrictions

End of Vanilla, all through BC, all through wrath, all through Cata you could buy and use the gear, how is it completely justified that now you can't fully utilize gear? How is it completely justified that someone that solo farmed MC is allowed to use T1 but yet someone who didn't get the gear the first time around in PVP isn't allowed?
85 Night Elf Priest
I only wanted to use the staff,but now I'm using benediction.This is such an insult to the playerbase.I guess 1 million subs wasn't enough.
85 Undead Warrior
damn
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am inclined to agree with a previous poster, that this is an excuse to put the replica on the DMF vendor to force us to run stuff there.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow...just wow

So I guess I won't be using the Transmog feature. Good job.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]