Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

100 Human Paladin

They've been asking for some sort of distinction from the RBG players for a while
It's called a feat of strength
52 Orc Shaman
11/29/2011 06:01 PMPosted by Yeria
Those restrictions gave access to items that only people who met them could use. None of those items were given use in a future addition either. PvP items were made available to EVERYONE, and before that were often obtained by people who did the grind just for the title anyway. The title they can still use, and was made available to more people because Blizzard themselves think the old system was bad.

I wasn't happy when the HWL staff was suddenly available to people who defended the cave for a few hours, either. But that's besides the point. What's at point is, that there are many cosmetic things in the game that are no longer available to re-rollers, people who came later to the game, or people who didn't obtain them when they were available.

I am OK with that. I don't turn into a raging fanatic over not owning a cosmetic change in a game. I am bummed that I didn't speak up when we rolled for Scarab Lord, but it's just a mount and a few weapons, nothing that'll kill me not having.
85 Draenei Death Knight
11/29/2011 06:15 PMPosted by Khayleth
I am inclined to agree with a previous poster, that this is an excuse to put the replica on the DMF vendor to force us to run stuff there.

If that only were the case, I'd happily just call it a day and stop complaining, however, the gear requires a feat of strength that has been unobtainable since 2007.
100 Human Paladin

I wasn't happy when the HWL staff was suddenly available to people who defended the cave for a few hours, either. But that's besides the point. What's at point is, that there are many cosmetic things in the game that are no longer available to re-rollers, people who came later to the game, or people who didn't obtain them when they were available.

I am OK with that. I don't turn into a raging fanatic over not owning a cosmetic change in a game. I am bummed that I didn't speak up when we rolled for Scarab Lord, but it's just a mount and a few weapons, nothing that'll kill me not having.
Some of us are Roleplayers where cosmetics can make or break this game.
90 Pandaren Priest
I am very disappointed in Blizzard. It is not as much the decision, but rather the fact that they did not mentioned this before. After mentioning all the rules, making us want to find items to transmog... the patch comes and surprise... "Oh we did not mention the items you have worked to get will not work". No apologies for forgetting to mention this fact that affects many, only a cold announcement that the deal is made.

I have been in Wow since the beginning and I find this very disrespectful to the player base and hypocrite. The last time I saw a company have no respect like this for its player base was SOE with StarWars Galaxy.

I do hope Blizzard turn around either with apologies or turn away from this decision because they "forgot" to mention this. In the mean time, I cannot support such an hypocrite management of this issue.
Edited by Daema on 11/29/2011 6:21 PM PST
85 Goblin Rogue
Transmog has too many rules. It's WAY too restrictive.
85 Worgen Hunter
I personally think this is a great thing blizzard has put in. Us old players who have played since vanilla have gotten nothing for our old pvp titles. This is worth it and shows we did something.
85 Gnome Mage
The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

None of this makes any sense whatsoever.

#1: This sort of restriction is not placed at all on pve gear. In fact, blizzard is actively encouraging players to farm old pve gear for use in transmogrification.

#2: The idea that the original honor system was difficult is simply not true. It was a heavily time demanding grind. Blizzard acknowledged this themselves when they changed the system with the introduction of Burning Crusade.

#3: You've done a very poor job of communicating this. I read the transmogrification rules prior to this patch and nowhere was it mentioned feats of strengths being required for old pvp gear. Many people spent a lot of honor to collect the gear. I'm really disappointed in this decision, and it honestly makes me regret having agreed to the annual pass subscription.

#4: Who is harmed by letting anyone use this gear? I don't want a reskin. I wanted to use the level 60 pvp mage set because it's the best looking set in the game to me, and the color is very much a part of that. Please stop making rewards specific to people who were playing at a certain time. It sucks and makes more people unhappy than it makes happy.
90 Human Paladin

Once again, just because you find it hard to care doesn't mean we shouldn't care.

And the thing is, there's zero sense whatsoever in restricting this from re-rollers. Not only are the items there, and had their restrictions removed during classic before the launch of TBC, but nothing else is restricted like this. Because such restrictions would piss people off.
90 Worgen Mage
I was excited about Transmog at first, granted I didn't have interest in Transmogging the PvP gear personally...but now because of this sudden shaft and sudden new rule that apparently people were wondering why it was "bugged" on the PTR, I will not touch Transmog at all for any of my gear and any set I'd want. It's a moral thing at this point...if you really wanted to do this for that gear Blizzard then you really should have announced it prior to it being released on Live servers. To sneak this rule in after the fact is really underhanded and a poor business decision. As such I will not use the transmog system.

A real shame too, I was liking the idea of Transmog but I cannot support a such a feature if it's going to have silly rules.
90 Dwarf Hunter
wait...that useless commander achiev makes me special again?
100 Human Paladin
11/29/2011 06:18 PMPosted by Dragonryder
I personally think this is a great thing blizzard has put in. Us old players who have played since vanilla have gotten nothing for our old pvp titles. This is worth it and shows we did something.

Isn't that what a feat of strength is? Practically by definition.
100 Troll Druid
Blizzard's behavior here is just despicable. They knew how many people were interested in using those sets. Hell, the moment transmog was announced I was on the forums gleefully talking about how I would be using this gear. Lots of people did the same. That was MONTHS ago. Not only that but there was no warning. Nothing in the transmog rules. Then they were told countless times on the PTR and still nothing. And NOW they unload this on us? It's just really disrespectful to their customer base.
85 Human Paladin
what's funny is the 60 pvp thing wasn't listed in the rules..
52 Orc Shaman
11/29/2011 06:00 PMPosted by Apriline
What sort of gear dictates a scarab lord? Or is it just a title and mount?

You had your choice of weaponry.
13 Troll Mage
11/29/2011 06:18 PMPosted by Dragonryder

THATS HOW MMOS WORK. Why don't people get this? MMOs work in a way that makes it so that you are only special if you keep playing, keep on the top, cutting edge. MMO's work that way to survive. Retaining titles/mounts/gear for everyone to get would make it so those "Special snowflake" people would have to keep playing at that level to achieve the titles/mounts/gear they want to be special.

Some of us are Roleplayers where cosmetics can make or break this game.

Bingo, and I'm REALLY upset about it....
Edited by Jertzul on 11/29/2011 6:22 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
He said there will be replica level 60 PvP gear later, relax.

It's purely cosmetic, it has zero impact on gameplay.
94 Human Paladin
reminds me, we still can't transmog legendaries and those just sit in people's banks.
But the new model of hand of rag is A-ok to use.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]