Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

[quote="36568570834"] -snip-

Special stuff is special, it's BEEN locked away. This gear wasn't, it was common to buy if anyone wanted it.

How does that matter when we can transmog our gear to look like crafted greens?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3196342583?page=1

Nowhere in the transmog rules does it say anything about the availability of the item being an issue.
52 Orc Shaman
11/29/2011 06:19 PMPosted by Yeria
And the thing is, there's zero sense whatsoever in restricting this from re-rollers. Not only are the items there, and had their restrictions removed during classic before the launch of TBC, but nothing else is restricted like this. Because such restrictions would piss people off.

Just because you don't care about mounts does that mean I should get an original armored bear? And I guess you care less about titles than me, so can I have some of the OG titles that aren't available anymore, too?

I think cosmetics are cosmetics and in the wider range of things that change nothing about your character aside from looks or titles, there are many restrictions to things that aren't available anymore.
90 Human Paladin
He said there will be replica level 60 PvP gear later, relax.

It's purely cosmetic, it has zero impact on gameplay.

No, he said they're gonna rename the current items that only people with the rank can use to have Replica in the name. Because it's confusing right now. Nothing more.
He said there will be replica level 60 PvP gear later, relax.

It's purely cosmetic, it has zero impact on gameplay.

Roleplaying is my Gameplay so it has a big effect on me.
1 Night Elf Warrior
spring a BS surprise on your customers,

lol
Edited by Feanta on 11/29/2011 6:25 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The items out in the world (Marshals, Grand Marshal’s, High Warlord, etc) that use the level 60 PvP art are un-transmogrifiable (including the item level 115 stuff that shares the name from Burning Crusade).

In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but Blood Knights came along AFTER the old PvP system died, so AFAIK no one can both have the Legionnaire/Knight-Captain title and be a horde paladin. :( :(

I have it on my orc warrior, can he buy the gear and hand it to my paladin?!?!?
90 Human Paladin
Just because you don't care about mounts does that mean I should get an original armored bear? And I guess you care less about titles than me, so can I have some of the OG titles that aren't available anymore, too?

I think cosmetics are cosmetics and in the wider range of things that change nothing about your character aside from looks or titles, there are many restrictions to things that aren't available anymore.

Wrong. I care about mounts and titles, too. To this day I kick myself for dropping my mage's Champion of the Naaru quest on patch day, unaware that there were two versions of the quest and she had the title version because she got it before the patch.

But they're not in the same boat as these items. The removed mounts and titles were simply cut after some time had passed. These items were NEVER REMOVED. The titles were removed, which led to their own brand of backlash when Blizzard put them as RBG rewards. But the PvP items were always there, and were even changed to become more accessible, because people like them. So where does it make sense to restrict them in such a fashion, particularly when the people who achieved the high special ranks didn't even do it for the gear most of the time?
52 Orc Shaman
11/29/2011 06:25 PMPosted by Apriline

So are you roleplaying a Paladin who glued some pieces of metal on her gear to look like the grizzled veteran of a past war without actually having participated in that war?
85 Goblin Hunter
11/29/2011 06:19 PMPosted by Luph
The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

None of this makes any sense whatsoever.

#2: The idea that the original honor system was difficult is simply not true. It was a heavily time demanding grind. Blizzard acknowledged this themselves when they changed the system with the introduction of Burning Crusade.

lol, says the person who never endured the grind. Even more-so pre AFKV camp....

You're opinion sir means nothing.
Edited by Lochli on 11/29/2011 6:31 PM PST
Blizzard said something about us being able to use gear we like the look of so we can always wear that.

what they really ment was: You can dress up in the old raid tiers.
66 Troll Druid
11/29/2011 06:29 PMPosted by Fennec

So are you roleplaying a Paladin who glued some pieces of metal on her gear to look like the grizzled veteran of a past war without actually having participated in that war?

You're taking that way too literally and making yourself look silly.
90 Human Paladin
lol, says the person who never endured the grind PRE cross realm BG, when you fought your same server faction, for months.

He based that off Blizzard's own response to the PvP title scenario, IIRC. Something about them acknowledging that the old system was more an exercise in poopsocking than actually being good at PvP.
85 Troll Druid

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but Blood Knights came along AFTER the old PvP system died, so AFAIK no one can both have the Legionnaire/Knight-Captain title and be a horde paladin. :( :(

I have it on my orc warrior, can he buy the gear and hand it to my paladin?!?!?

LOL. That's even more messed up. Blood Knight gear isn't even available to the one and only race that actually has Blood Knights.
65 Draenei Death Knight
11/29/2011 06:29 PMPosted by Fennec

Are you still upset because you can't get Scarab Lord, Njord?
52 Orc Shaman
11/29/2011 06:28 PMPosted by Yeria
But they're not in the same boat as these items. The removed mounts and titles were simply cut after some time had passed. These items were NEVER REMOVED. The titles were removed, which led to their own brand of backlash when Blizzard put them as RBG rewards. But the PvP items were always there, and were even changed to become more accessible, because people like them. So where does it make sense to restrict them in such a fashion, particularly when the people who achieved the high special ranks didn't even do it for the gear most of the time?

I agree with you on that one. It didn't make sense to make the items available in the first place, so this would have been a continuation of the original senselessness.

To make this clear - I don't care what people wear. I am OK with everyone running around with HWL gear, too. But I have an issue with the line of reasoning that somehow states that someone deserves something because of X or Y. Transmog itself is a huge boon to both roleplayers and people like me who never liked a set of gear's looks after Earthshaker, but the argument that some specific piece HAS to be transmoggable because, somehow, it was "earned" is disingenuous because it leads down the path of me raising a ruckus about not having the SL hammer, for example.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]