Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
11/29/2011 12:44 PMPosted by Bashiok
Kind of hard, people are busy working on the patch deploy still and logging/fixing new issues as they crop up. Daxx has some feelers out, we'll get you word as to the situation as soon as we know what's up.

This issue was brought up several times during the PTR if I'm not mistaken. 4.3 is now live. I think that's why people are a bit upset at no explanation. Considering how long 4.3 was on the PTRs and how early this issue was discovered, I think it's fair to say Blizzard shouldn't still be in the "putting feelers out" phase.

I'm not trying to come across as rude, but merely to point out that this has been known for a while now and it still went live without so much as a peep. Not exactly a spectacular way to introduce one of the main features of the new patch.
85 Human Death Knight
I can't believe you CAN'T transmog to the old 60 sets. What the heck is going on. This is what a ton of people were looking forward to.

This feature is cool and I love it, but they took out half the fun.
90 Blood Elf Mage
when they reply, it means (to me at least) that our complaints have been heard. Its make the game more satisfying (for me at least) to know that something i dont like (and others dont like) is going to be fixed.
90 Human Paladin
Well, glad I didn't make a thread about not being able to xmog my masterwork deathblade to the Claymore. Hopefully it gets worked out "soon".
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Hopefully this fix will be an easy bit of work, not another x amount of weeks before we see abnything.
29 Blood Elf Paladin
thats what we've been trying to find out for the past month
MVP
90 Gnome Warrior
11/29/2011 12:47 PMPosted by Saigos
Ill rephrase, thank you for finally posting, just kinda disappointed that it took over a month to even get this kinda response.

Bear in mind, that a lot of times the Blues need time to FIND an answer first. Some things just aren't as cut and dried as it seems on the surface. But I do get why people are frustrated. I would encourage that everyone just keeps their cool and report these bugs/issues as responsibly and politely as possible so we can see resolutions/answers in a more timely fashion.
Edited by Huggywuggles on 11/29/2011 4:04 PM PST
85 Worgen Death Knight
Oh well... :(
72 Tauren Paladin
Not normally a huge forum poster, but I just wanted to mention how I was disappointed I could not transmog the 60 paladin set. It's a bad-!@# set, and it'd be disappointing to not be able to rock it when I begin leveling out of it. Plus, my Heirlooms look so out of place with it!

I figure responding to this post will show that it's something that actually bothers some people (clearly it does at 9 pages!), I'm not trying to add to the argument about not being taken care of sooner; I'm sure they had more prominent bugs then a simple inability to use these sets cosmetically.
It's not a game breaking bug, but in the world of Transmog not being able to use the 60 PvP gear is a pretty damn big deal for some of us.

I had been looking forward to this patch for weeks, ready to sport my Field Marshal set once again. I didn't buy it with honor, I earned it with blood.

I don't follow the PTR, and had no idea this was an issue. So today I logged in and was met with huge disappointment. I am sure that I am not alone.
I'm probably echoing quite a few people on this thread, but everyone should just stay calm and do what Huggywuggles said and report the issues politely. And as for people being disappointed, well, it's been said a few pages ago by Bashiok that they are currently working on getting not only that bug fixed, but many of the other ones that are being reported. The absolute best thing you can do for Blizzard and your fellow players is to calmly report the issues so they can be fixed.
41 Gnome Priest

It wasn't fixed on the PTR, why would you jump to the conclusion that they thought they fixed it?

Because they don't itemize every single tiny thing they do to the patch especially right before it goes live?

You could play on the PTR and check it out yourself, it was broken up until the patch launched.
MVP
90 Gnome Warrior
It's not a game breaking bug, but in the world of Transmog not being able to use the 60 PvP gear is a pretty damn big deal for some of us.

I had been looking forward to this patch for weeks, ready to sport my Field Marshal set once again. I didn't buy it with honor, I earned it with blood.

I don't follow the PTR, and had no idea this was an issue. So today I logged in and was met with huge disappointment. I am sure that I am not alone.

You're not and the Blues (Daxxari, in particular) are looking for some answers. Believe it or not, we'll get 'em but I suspect they want to be able to give us the correct answer rather than some vague 'soon' answer. They do know this is an important subject for people as it's one of the predominant features of the patch. Stay tuned guys.
Edited by Huggywuggles on 11/29/2011 4:18 PM PST
55 Dwarf Death Knight

You're not alone. That was my first set of PVP gear ever. I would love to wear it again with current stats.
29 Blood Elf Paladin

You're not and the Blues (Daxxari, in particular) are looking for some answers. Believe it or not, we'll get 'em but I suspect they want to be able to give us the correct answer rather than some vague 'soon' answer. They do know this is an important subject for people as it's one of the predominant features of the patch. Stay tuned guys.

The problem is is that the ptr was on build 15005 for over 2 weeks while this was being spammed for well over a month, so no new changes had been made for a good while yet this was still pushed live, so what then were they doing with those 2 weeks if the ptr went live as it was. They obviously didnt do anything to the patch cause the live build is also 15005. Its been the complete lack of communication on a subject that has been made loud for a long time that has so many at arms atm.
90 Undead Mage
As a Classic player I was looking forward to wearing my old PvP set. This is very disappointing.
Community Manager
The items out in the world (Marshals, Grand Marshal’s, High Warlord, etc) that use the level 60 PvP art are un-transmogrifiable (including the item level 115 stuff that shares the name from Burning Crusade).

In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.

There was a bug with the Feat of Strength granting access to these items, but was hotfixed within the last couple of minutes. If you meet the criteria log out and back in and you should be able to access the vendor.

The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

In a future patch the items sold by the Area 52 vendors will also be renamed ‘Replica of’ to be more consistent with the items sold by the Darkmoon Faire – they’re currently exact duplicates of the original items that allow transmogrification, which is obviously a bit confusing.

Potentially related, since he’s in the same area, Kezzik the Striker sells inaccessible Season 1 Gladiator’s, Season 2 Merciless Gladiator’s, and Season 3 Vengeful Gladiator’s gear to all players, as the majority of that gear didn’t have restrictions.
85 Worgen Warrior
So we can't use our gear we currently own, and have to wait for identical gear to be implemented..
90 Human Paladin
....What.

......What.

That's just... I... just...

That is facepalm material, Blizzard. Complete, utter, facepalm.

This gear has long since become obsolete. How does it make any bloody sense to restrict it in such a manner, for a system introduced to make our characters look how we want?
Edited by Yeria on 11/29/2011 4:25 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]