Fall of Deathwing not available yet?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Bump for blue?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I am wondering if they want to keep it from us so they can keep it alive longer or if it unlocks later in the week so it stays alive though the full week
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I have a feeling they are gonna keep it gated for a couple weeks but a blue mention would be groovy so we can have confirmation rather than speculating
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The Fall of Deathwing is not open just yet for the Raid Finder or Heroic. We plan to open this encounter up in approximately one week. We felt it was important to let more people get through the fights in normal difficulty, make videos, strat guides, update their mods, etc. before we let everyone take a crack at Deathwing. We’ll keep you informed when this part of the raid opens up for Raid Finder. Keep in mind that it’s required to complete the first half to be able to queue for the second, so don’t hold back!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Nethaera
Community Manager
The Fall of Deathwing is not open just yet for the Raid Finder or Heroic. We plan to open this encounter up in approximately one week. We felt it was important to let more people get through the fights in normal difficulty, make videos, strat guides, update their mods, etc. before we let everyone take a crack at Deathwing. We’ll keep you informed when this part of the raid opens up for Raid Finder. Keep in mind that it’s required to complete the first half to be able to queue for the second, so don’t hold back!

Thank you.

Could you please clarify - Fall of Deathwing is available in Normal mode, but not in either RF or Heroic? I mean, no one is even allowed to do Heroic unless they cheat an do a mid-week faction transfer, right? I think I am missing something.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I surmise it's because Eu doesn't get the patch until tomorrow.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Nethaera
Community Manager

Thank you.

Could you please clarify - Fall of Deathwing is available in Normal mode, but not in either RF or Heroic? I mean, no one is even allowed to do Heroic unless they cheat an do a mid-week faction transfer, right? I think I am missing something.

From what I got from this, yes it is available to normal, just not raid finder or heroic.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2011 03:29 PMPosted by Nethaera

But why would you have it open for normal and not raid finder? is the point of raid finder not for people to see content as well as learn the fights? I suppose there's always the "lets drag it out as much as we possibly can" front, but it seems kind of pointless.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
11/29/2011 03:45 PMPosted by Lunavale

But why would you have it open for normal and not raid finder? is the point of raid finder not for people to see content as well as learn the fights? I suppose there's always the "lets drag it out as much as we possibly can" front, but it seems kind of pointless.

Honestly. Don't question them. Just nod and go on with your day.
Reply Quote
it is so that the 'WORLD FIRST DEATHWING KILL!!!!!' isnt a looking for raid easymode version
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2011 03:48 PMPosted by Bombmagic

however questioning it is the first step to getting it changed. Perhaps before the end of the week even.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2011 03:50 PMPosted by Taggthemage
it is so that the 'WORLD FIRST DEATHWING KILL!!!!!' isnt a looking for raid easymode version

Does knowing someone beat a neutered end boss before you irritate you that much?
Reply Quote
11/29/2011 03:32 PMPosted by Destil

this is the reason. can't have US guilds getting world firsts, can we?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
11/29/2011 03:50 PMPosted by Lunavale

however questioning it is the first step to getting it changed. Perhaps before the end of the week even.

Honestly there's probably an issue with LFR's version and they want to fix it before releasing it to the public. Neth seems to have just answered why the heroic version aint available as her explanation made perfect sense.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2011 03:52 PMPosted by Rabbân

this is the reason. can't have US guilds getting world firsts, can we?

does anyone follow world first normals?
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Priest
11/29/2011 03:50 PMPosted by Taggthemage

Pretty much this. I was able to kill DW on PTR in LFR with half the raid dead for the final minute of the fight. It's not that difficult, and I think Blizz wants the world first to be a bit more meaningful.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

The Fall of Deathwing via the Raid Finder and Heroic Dragon Soul is not open just yet.*

Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

Thanks for the update Neth!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]