We just killed Nozdormu

85 Tauren Death Knight
We did literally. May I remind that Nozdormu's full name is Nozdormu the Timeless. If one is timeless they exist outside of time. There can be no future or past version of oneself. Thus, Nozdormu has just commited suicide. Murozond was Nozdormu. Murozond can't be the future version of Nozdormu, because Nozdormu is timeless. We killed him. We killed Nozdormu. We have killed the aspect of time, literally. LF new aspect of time. Wait a second, didn't Nozdormu help us fight Murozond. That's the problem, we killed him, but we also didn't. But we still killed him. Nozdormu is both dead and alive. He is timeless, so he does not lose his living self to the past. He keeps it. This also means that he was always dead, since he cannot lose apart of himself to the future. So he is dead, but he is also alive. He has staged an attack on time, and he has staged the defense of time. He orchestrated his own death succesfully, yet he survived. What is the point of this post. I just wanted people to know this. It's very weird.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/29/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Beeffrank
Murozond was Nozdormu.

Brilliant deduction, Watson!

11/29/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Beeffrank
LF new aspect of time.

I'm here to apply.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
NozDeLorean.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Don't hurt yourself thinking about it. Whatever point in time we progress to naturally when we killed Murozond, Nozdormu goes splat randomly.

He already has Anachronos as his designated successor, anyway. When you know the moment of your demise it's kind of easy to plan this kind of thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/29/2011 08:02 PMPosted by Killercaitie
NozDeLorean.

Do I detect a hint of time-machine car-in that anagram?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Yes, hes stuck in an unending cycle of his own death and success.

Being a time lord isn't all about seeing dead celebrities and extinct species.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Nozdormu is both dead and alive.

Schrödinger's dragon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/29/2011 08:04 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Schrödinger's dragon.

The blue freak - I mean, the all-mighty Daxxarri - has spoken!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

Schrödinger's dragon.

But doesn't he need to be in a box, Daxx?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Schrödinger's dragon.
I'm not so sure... it all sounds too wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...
Reply Quote

Schrödinger's dragon.

I'm just going to say it right now, Schrödinger's Cat was the most needlessly elaborate proof of a concept ever. Silly Geiger counters and vaguely described death contraptions. And it was a hypothetical proof anyway!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue

Schrödinger's dragon.

Actually, this is even more complex than Shroedinger's paradox.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/29/2011 08:06 PMPosted by Torrenash
death contraptions

You've got my attention.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/29/2011 08:07 PMPosted by Springrunner
Actually, this is even more complex than Shroedinger's paradox.

No, only the OP is more complex - the situation itself isn't... too much...
Reply Quote
11/29/2011 08:07 PMPosted by Aaronierro
death contraptions

You've got my attention.

The thesis for Schrödinger's cat was that if you hypothetically locked a cat in a box that had a geiger counter in it that was hooked up to some undescribed 'death contraption' that would trigger and kill the cat if the counter detected radiation, until you looked inside the box you would not know if the cat was alive or dead, therefore, it is both alive and dead at the same time.

A much simpler explanation is 'Until you know, it's all answers', but I guess Schrödinger just had a thing about hypothetically killing cats.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
11/29/2011 08:06 PMPosted by Sparklehoof

Schrödinger's dragon.

But doesn't he need to be in a box, Daxx?

Well, you see, time is a series of boxes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The thesis for Schrödinger's cat was that if you hypothetically locked a cat in a box that had a geiger counter in it that was hooked up to some undescribed 'death contraption' that would trigger and kill the cat if the counter detected radiation, until you looked inside the box you would not know if the cat was alive or dead, therefore, it is both alive and dead at the same time.

A much simpler explanation is 'Until you know, it's all answers', but I guess Schrödinger just had a thing about hypothetically killing cats.

That only counts for your' perspective. If the cat died, the cat is dead, whether or not you think so.

At least, I think so. I'm not a major in philosophy, or time paradoxes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]