We just killed Nozdormu

90 Human Paladin
Nozdormu exists at all points in time, that was just one of his timelines that was killed.

It may come to pass, it may not.

The short story that was released said that he cant really tell whats going to come after the Hour of Twilight. The timeline got too corrupted. And that the WoW time line isnt as linear as we think it is.
Edited by Paladinchaz on 11/30/2011 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/30/2011 01:16 AMPosted by Zanardam
/me call Doctor Who to find a better answer for the OP.

The Doctor would say that time can be re-written unless it happens to be a fixed point in time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Welcome to the concept of Temporal Paradox.

If you get it figured out let everyone else know. We've only been waiting the entire duration of human history for a substantive explanation.

/thread
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Is it too late to explain that the Schrodinger's Cat "paradox" was created as a joke meant to show that quantum mechanics made no sense and was a bad theory?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Welcome to the concept of Temporal Paradox.

If you get it figured out let everyone else know. We've only been waiting the entire duration of human history for a substantive explanation.

/thread

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff. "
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2011 08:28 PMPosted by Roogan
I think there's a doctor who'd be suitable for his post. Not entirely sure who he is though, he's a strange sort of man.

Doctor Who!

Just The Doctor.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
11/29/2011 09:15 PMPosted by Thickaa
We just killed Nozdormu

11/29/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Beeffrank
We did literally. May I remind that Nozdormu's full name is Nozdormu the Timeless. If one is timeless they exist outside of time. There can be no future or past version of oneself. Thus, Nozdormu has just commited suicide. Murozond was Nozdormu. Murozond can't be the future version of Nozdormu, because Nozdormu is timeless. We killed him. We killed Nozdormu. We have killed the aspect of time, literally. LF new aspect of time. Wait a second, didn't Nozdormu help us fight Murozond. That's the problem, we killed him, but we also didn't. But we still killed him. Nozdormu is both dead and alive. He is timeless, so he does not lose his living self to the past. He keeps it. This also means that he was always dead, since he cannot lose apart of himself to the future. So he is dead, but he is also alive. He has staged an attack on time, and he has staged the defense of time. He orchestrated his own death succesfully, yet he survived. What is the point of this post. I just wanted people to know this. It's very weird.

I
just
used
my
enter
button.

Why I do I need to use the enter button, it's a single paragraph.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
11/29/2011 09:12 PMPosted by Stabbity
Don't we go into the future to kill him? In which case, his current existence is perfectly fine.

Nope, because Nozdormu is timeless. He has no past, present, or future. When we kill him in the future, we kill him in all times. However, he survives because he is was at one point alive, so he technically is both immortal and mortal.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
i think blizzard just wants to kill all the male dragon aspects.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Like I said in the other thread, mere mortals are not meant to comprehend the nature of the Timeless One. Just don't even try, save yourself a headache.

That said, the OP is probably one of my favorite things I've ever read on these forums.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
11/30/2011 12:57 PMPosted by Ehcks
Is it too late to explain that the Schrodinger's Cat "paradox" was created as a joke meant to show that quantum mechanics made no sense and was a bad theory?

It was a joke created to say "stop trying to apply quantum mechanics to the macrocosm", not that it's a bad theory. Basically, keep it to particle energy states, vectors, masses, spins, etc, and not use it to describe why your drive to work sucked.

Though it has worked its way into actual use in-of-itself as a sort of postulate.

And the "quotes" aren't necessary, it's two mutually exclusive or otherwise contradictory concepts co-existing in the same scenario that, while rationalized, still appears to defy basic logic. That's a paradox by the book.
Edited by Adeodatus on 11/30/2011 11:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ya we all know this lore is broken. Btw, have you seen this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAj074vhiA4&sns=em
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]