Conquest Points

86 Tauren Paladin
I noticed I picked up alot of Conquest Points yesterday. Will these points carry into next week or will they be reset or changed to honor when season 11 starts?
Reply Quote
1 Worgen Warrior
no u can't. conquest points reset on next tuesday again
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Edit:

See - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657276764#13
Edited by Xexyz on 11/30/2011 8:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
11/30/2011 05:59 AMPosted by Xexyz
I noticed I picked up alot of Conquest Points yesterday. Will these points carry into next week or will they be reset or changed to honor when season 11 starts?

Most likely converted to honor, or gold if you're above the cap.

Are still changing excess to gold? When I logged onto my hunter the conquest points ended pushing me over the cap to 5200 honor.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
That is for this week only. Next week = gold.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2011 06:14 AMPosted by Llanthanum

Most likely converted to honor, or gold if you're above the cap.

Are still changing excess to gold? When I logged onto my hunter the conquest points ended pushing me over the cap to 5200 honor.

The next Arena and Rated Battleground season will begin for level-85 players approximately one week after the end of Season 10 and will coincide with the awarding of Season 10 titles and mounts. At that time, any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Last season you were allowed to carry over the conquest points you earned during "week 0" so unless someone links a blue post saying that they won't carry over I assume that they will carry over.

What you are all referring to is the fact that conquest from S10 turned into honor (allowing you to exceed 4000) but anything over 4000 come Tuesday will turn into gold.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Last season you were allowed to carry over the conquest points you earned during "week 0" so unless someone links a blue post saying that they won't carry over I assume that they will carry over.

What you are all referring to is the fact that conquest from S10 turned into honor (allowing you to exceed 4000) but anything over 4000 come Tuesday will turn into gold.

Did it?

Either way, it's a little different this season. Being able to obtain your entire cap for the week through battlegrounds is a new addition and it would be a large oversight not to reset those points. That's just my opinion, though.

I guess we'll wait and see what happens. They sprung the double gear sets on us last season without formal announcement.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes I am 99% sure the conquest points from week 0 carried over last season (175 max if you won every day). Yea I guess we will wait & see what happens on Tuesday but my educated guess is that you will keep the points.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2011 07:37 AMPosted by Beefybrez
A blue replied to this very question on Twitter yesterday, saying that I would be able to keep the Conquest Points I earned after maintenance on Tuesday.

Well it's good to have that cleared up.

Wouldn't happen to have a link to the twitter message as a reference, would you?
Edited by Xexyz on 11/30/2011 7:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
Belfedere is correct, last season we got to keep the points earned during the "down week". Unless they state otherwise it is logical to assume the same will be the case here.

Edit: Found the post on twitter by Daxxarri here it is:

@druidleaves @Bashiok If you got those Conquest point after the realms came up from maintenance, you should get to keep 'em.

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/Daxxarri
Edited by Eldacar on 11/30/2011 8:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Knowing Blizzard, they won't say anything until after the fact. You'll BG your brains out, cap your conquest points, and then come December 6, they'll probably reset your conquest points back to zero and throw gold/honor your way as a replacement.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
KO
damn. can we get a solid confirmation. is it wrong to want to know the game rules. i see the twitter post, but he says 'should get to keep them'. sounds like a maybe to me.

how about a solid confirmation. yes, we keep them, no we don't keep them. its not like we're looking for inside trading tips. just wanna know the rules of the game.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah i got 250 yesterday and am tempted to cap and pray they don't get reset. I bet some arena players who took week off are going to QQ.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I really can't believe they are going to let us keep it. Totally unfair to people with higher conquest caps. Not that I am complaining for I have a 2.3k conquest cap for this week so ill be able to buy helm/shoulder conquest pieces Tuesday night after RBGs + get weapon quicker...Would be nice to get a blue post now that the patch hit saying whether or not we get to keep the points or not
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
11/30/2011 09:43 AMPosted by Kröme
I really can't believe they are going to let us keep it. Totally unfair to people with higher conquest caps. Not that I am complaining for I have a 2.3k conquest cap for this week so ill be able to buy helm/shoulder conquest pieces Tuesday night after RBGs + get weapon quicker...Would be nice to get a blue post now that the patch hit saying whether or not we get to keep the points or not

Except the weapon will still require you earn the requisite Conquest Points during the season, so while you'll still be ahead in terms of Cataclysmic gear, you won't be any closer than anyone else to a new weapon.

Also, not unfair to those with lower Conquest caps. Do you know how long it'll take to cap Conquest in Random BGs even with a premade? If the average BG takes about a half-hour (anywhere from 10 to 30 min, in my experience), and you can only get 100 Conquest for the first win each day followed by 50 thereafter, that's only 700 Conquest from each day, which is 3.5 hours to start. If you've got a cap of 2,300 Conquest Points, then you've got 16 additional hours of random BGs to cap it out assuming you win each battleground!

That's a lot of Random BGs to fit into a week!

Happy gaming,

Boz
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
damn. can we get a solid confirmation. is it wrong to want to know the game rules. i see the twitter post, but he says 'should get to keep them'. sounds like a maybe to me.

how about a solid confirmation. yes, we keep them, no we don't keep them. its not like we're looking for inside trading tips. just wanna know the rules of the game.

Honestly the twitter post is more than good enough for me, this was how the system worked last time anyways, so there was no reason to expect it to change, having an unofficial confirmation is just icing.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
KO
Ok, thanks then eldacar.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]