Topic Hidden API changes
Edited by Lást on 11/30/11 6:23 AM (PST)
I really wish blizz would have announced these changes..
GetTime() has changed
I did some additional Tests and it seems that with 4.3 GetTime() only changes every Frame (or "OnUpdate"). On Live (4.2) GetTime() can return different results when called by "OnUpdate" scripts. This makes a couple of other checks in while-loops in "WeakAuraOptions.lua" kinda pointless.
Apparently this returns at different intervals for people with slower/faster computers
Possible routes of solution:
GetAuctionItemInfo() now returns an additional value:
Dividing by zero has been disabled. Use
New function: get sheath state
Raid Finder Functions
The Raid Finder was added in Patch 4.3.0
Encounter Journal Functions
Dungeon Journal was added in Patch 4.2.0; its FrameXML components were moved to a LoadOnDemand AddOn in Patch 4.3.0.
Transmogrification was added in Patch 4.3.0
Void Storage Functions
Void Storage was added in Patch 4.3.0
A lot of this info was taken from; http://www.wowpedia.org/World_of_Warcraft_API
Some of this info I found myself, the rest came from searching on google.
I hope the GetTime() change was accidental, as there's no good way that I can see to yield in my background coroutine threads when doing long optimizations in Outfitter. time() won't work very well since its resolution is one second and yielding only once per second makes the client unusable.
In a coroutine GetTime() will never change since the client will never get to draw the next frame. This causes my coroutine to run to completion with no yields at all :(
By the way, another undocumented change is that the Equipment Manager now stores the outfit icon as a string instead of a number. The string is the file name of the icon from the interface/icons folder, without the extension. This is set via SaveEquipmentSet() and is returned by GetEquipmentSetInfoByName()
Edited by Farmbuyer on 12/2/11 5:30 PM (PST)
Choonster already knows the following, but for people reading this in the future: Their reasoning for adding new parameter values in the middle goes like this:
The really stable way to do parameters would have been to have a single table argument with named keys. Adding new keys to the table wouldn't have done anything to argument order, etc. The downside is that creating and freeing tables for each nontrivial function call *destroys* the garbage collector performance; it's been tried before and results in the "stutter lag" complaints you see from time to time.
Change to ActionBar updates: