[BUG]Northrend armors - wrong color after 4.3

90 Night Elf Druid
http://www.wowhead.com/item=45523
Garona's Guise

As you can see, it was black and green before the patch yesterday.
I know that it was also black and green on the PTR.

Now it is the same color as the rogue 219 Terrorblade set.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=45398
Valorous Terrorblade Helmet

Please fix this.

EDIT: I've renamed the title of the thread to fit in with the replies of this happening to multiple armor models.
Edited by Tulavelir on 12/4/2011 12:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I would like to add that it happens on multiple characters and other people also see the wrong color when it's linked in chat.

I have submitted an in game ticket and was told to submit a bug report.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Verified with other players that they're also seeing the incorrect color.

<---the helm should match the shoulders

Is anyone else having this issue?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I forgot to add that this happens with or without addons.

I have also deleted my WTF folder and still have the same problem.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I would greatly appreciate if this were fixed.

It was a specific color so it matched the off-set scheme that a lot of people were hoping to use. I know you probably did not make this change intentionally, but you currently have a history of changing item models/colors and not switching them back *cough* dreadnaught*cough*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I would greatly appreciate if this were fixed.

It was a specific color so it matched the off-set scheme that a lot of people were hoping to use. I know you probably did not make this change intentionally, but you currently have a history of changing item models/colors and not switching them back *cough* dreadnaught*cough*

Thank you so much for adding a reply. I was beginning to wonder if perhaps I'd taken too many knocks to the head and had finally gone 'round the bend.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
This is affecting a lot of Northrend armour from the looks of it. There's several other threads about various shoulders "defaulting" to a base colour after the patch (including mine, qqqqq)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've seen the threads about some of them, but didn't really think of the problems as being related. Hmmm...

Oh well, if it doesn't get fixed, all the more reason for me to play another game in three weeks. :P
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
My 25M Tier Helm is showing as the 10M version as well, should be Red and Grey, but is currently Purple, was so disappointed on patch day. :c
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter
Same thing happened to Kraken Epaulets and Overlaid Chain Spaulders. The original colors can be seen in the Armory pages; they have been changed to grey and brown. It looks like all items that shared the same model have suffered the same fate.

I've had these for months, and it's upsetting to have the color changed in the same patch that added transmog to the game.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
same thing happened to me with my tier 8.5 helm... it looks like the tier 8 and not the 8.5

hope this gets fixed soon because i cant wear my favorite helmet
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Renamed the thread title to better fit with this issue happening to multiple armor models.

I'm very disappointed. I had to kill Yogg25 so many times to get this helmet and now it looks like a model (rogue T9) that I shouldn't even be able to wear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
None of the replies from the GMs in game have been very helpful. I've heard nothing here, either.

Anyone else have better luck than I re: an answer about this problem?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
None of the replies from the GMs in game have been very helpful. I've heard nothing here, either.

Anyone else have better luck than I re: an answer about this problem?
GMs don't tend to be that good with bugs, other than bandaids every now and then.

QA don't often post on these forums Tulavelir. If you don't get a reply, then you've given enough information and QA can handle it.

Edit: Although on topic, colour mixups with items don't tend to be fixed very fast. They require a client side patch, which Blizz rarely does without an extreme need (And I don't think they'd consider this extreme :S ).
If you find any gear that is showing the wrong colour, link it in your first post and mention what it's currently looking like. I had a thread going for worgen helms for a few months and the list got massive, then suddenly, poof, all fixed in 4.3.
Edited by Kazrana on 12/6/2011 1:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I finally got an informative GM last night on an unrelated item and did ask about this issue. I was told they are aware of it and are going to fix it (implied: at some point in the future).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Good, Patch day I was like cool, I can wear my ULD 25m tier set and put it on and my helmet is purple.........there went that idea.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/07/2011 08:21 AMPosted by Tulavelir
I finally got an informative GM last night on an unrelated item and did ask about this issue. I was told they are aware of it and are going to fix it (implied: at some point in the future).

Thank you for this info!

I was very unhappy to see that my Dreadmist Dun Set 2 helmet had been recolored to the Dun Set 1 model and now no longer matches. My lock is terribly sad. :(

There are many items from all levels of the game that have been recolored/changed for whatever reason and no longer match the rest of the set. Pretty discouraging considering the amount of time spent grinding for some of this gear in anticipation of transmogging.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

There are many items from all levels of the game that have been recolored/changed for whatever reason and no longer match the rest of the set. Pretty discouraging considering the amount of time spent grinding for some of this gear in anticipation of transmogging.

I can't even begin to count the number of times I had to kill Yogg (meaning, get 24 other people together too) to finally get the helm that matched, only to have it not match after 4.3.

And when he said at some point in the future, that's another term for Blizzard's infamous SOON™. I'll be suspending my account until MoP and maybe by the time it rolls out, they'll have fixed it. I'm crossing my fingers here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Here's hoping this is one of the issues that's fixed w/ the group of hotfixes going out later. It's not in the notes, so who knows.

Also, SWTOR early access starts today. YAY!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Overlaid Chain Spaulders and all shoulders that share the model have changed to grey since the patch. This is rather messing up one of my planned transmog sets:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5295/blueez.png
Edited by Sevreth on 12/13/2011 4:23 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]