Bugged Quest: Call of Duty (Alliance side)

85 Dwarf Hunter
So basically I had just downloaded patch 4.3 and I finally got to lvl 80. (this was soon after downloading the patch. I went to the hero's call board and eventually went to recruiter burns. This was where I accept the quest. After that, I was phased out and was told to go on the mercenary ship. But, half-way through the role-play of the recruit and soldiers. They suddenly disappeared. I tried abandoning many times and re-accepting. Now, its getting really annoying and I hope somebody can help me. The last dialogue is:"If you ask me, the beast is insane."
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
im having the exact same issue it gets to where the soldier says "if you ask me, the beast is insane" they disappear and the boat does not show up
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I had this problem too...try to go to gryphon master in Stormwind, and fly to the sandy beach in Vashj'ir (if you have that flight path). Then you can just fly to finish the quest. At least that worked for me. However, a few quests after that (All or Nothing) is bugged too and I can't go any farther in Vashj'ir.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
i put in a ticket and they are aware of the bug and are working to fix it. they fixed it for me by teleporting my character to the boat in vashj'ir and also they said they are unaware of any troubles with the quest all or nothing but if there is a bug im sure they will fix it as well
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
nope alverio was correct the quest is bugged the naga wont stop coming in to attack and it never gets to the part where they grab you and take you away to complete the quest i have put in another ticket hopefully i get a response as quick as last time
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
So, what have you guys done instead of going to vashj'r? Hopefully they fix the bug soon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/30/2011 01:57 PMPosted by Vrakthris
We are aware of an issue with several Vashj'ir quests, including Call of Duty, All or Nothing, and Blood and Thunder!. Issues associated with these quests are being looked into and we hope to have resolution for them as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, we have no workaround.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/01/2011 03:23 AMPosted by Chingk
So, what have you guys done instead of going to vashj'r? Hopefully they fix the bug soon.

Since I already did Hyjal, I was hoping to skip Deepholm, quest through Vashj'ir, then go to Uldum. Since I can't do that at the moment I went back to Northrend to work on Loremaster progress. Experience is next to nothing but gold aint bad.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
ARGH, I really hope Blizz patches these bugs because I want to explore vashj'r.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hope the bug gets fixed for Call of Duty. I tried re-accepting the quest many times and the soldiers still disappear at " If you ask me, the beast is insane."
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
A possible workaround has been suggested by Vargrr of Kael'Thas.
So I was in the same boat for Call of Duty, well not literally, and I couldn't get into Vashj'ir. But don't lose hope.... I found a way in and it's not an exploit :)

All you need is a flying mount, or a fast one and water walking, though I haven't checked this one out.
Head from the tip of Dun Morogh and head to the Sandy Beach fly point, it's a little sandbar that can be seen on the map. It's the closest land-point as well as fly point as well as the shortest route through the fatigue.
Once there head to the spot where the Krakken attacks the Mercenary Ship and the quest will complete, all you have to do then is to swim down to Erunak and turn it in and start Vashj'ir.

Hope this help those while Blizz can get this quest fixed :)
Anyone who could test it, please do so and report back.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
For what u just said to try and go across the ocean for the "call of duty quest" I tried it. it works. and once you get there you will complete the quest. (you have taken the "boat" to Vashj'ir. after that u will have to swim in the water straight down (you will not get attacked if you swim straight down) swim in the boat and talk to the stonespeaker. so there u have it. FLYING is needed.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
A possible workaround has been suggested by Vargrr of Kael'Thas.
So I was in the same boat for Call of Duty, well not literally, and I couldn't get into Vashj'ir. But don't lose hope.... I found a way in and it's not an exploit :)

All you need is a flying mount, or a fast one and water walking, though I haven't checked this one out.
Head from the tip of Dun Morogh and head to the Sandy Beach fly point, it's a little sandbar that can be seen on the map. It's the closest land-point as well as fly point as well as the shortest route through the fatigue.
Once there head to the spot where the Krakken attacks the Mercenary Ship and the quest will complete, all you have to do then is to swim down to Erunak and turn it in and start Vashj'ir.

Hope this help those while Blizz can get this quest fixed :)
Anyone who could test it, please do so and report back.

It works to start off Vashj'ir, but when you get a few quests into the zone to the quest "All or Nothing" it bugs out again and won't continue
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
5 days and counting, and no fix. This is not a side quest. This is the main quest line to level from 80 to 85. You guys are just begging me to run to swtor, aren't you?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Bug testing and fixing can take more than a little while depending on the bug. If you put in a GM ticket, they are able to bump the quest into completion status, but yes, you do still need to wait on the ticket time.

Just a by the by, threatening to go to another game adds nothing to a bug report. If you want to quit, then do so. Just list it in your reason for removing the subscription to your account - Blizz will get the message there.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I don't threaten anything. I've already unsubbed. I'd like to finish this quest to lvl 85 without continually doing battlegrounds - which is BORING. I figured I'd give them the rest of my game time to fix what needs to be fixed. Like I said previously, this is no side quest. It's a main quest line from 80 to 85. Take some of the quarterly profit off the bottom line and do what needs to be done, or continue to hemorrhage players. Afterall, I'm only asking that Blizzard do right by their customers. Is that so unreasonable?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Okay guys at Blizzard this a bit unreal. I am a yearly subscriber and have 3 alts that need to do this sreies of quest for achievement. I have a private lvl 8 guild and not being able to do this questline seriously limits my questing. I am sure that plenty of other peeps have alts and mains that would like to get the achievements. Also one of my alts is a skinner and really needs to do this questline to skin Deepsea Scales as this is the only area I know of where you can get these for leatherworking. Get busy Blizz!!!!!!!

QUESTION TO BLIZZARD: What is the ETA on fixing this PITA bug?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/07/2011 03:35 PMPosted by Sapperwix
Thanks for all your reports, we are working on a fix that should be out shortly.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
It works now :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]